My first ticket...

Started by TheIntrepid, December 13, 2007, 01:27:09 PM

dazzleman

Quote from: etypejohn on December 14, 2007, 11:13:04 AM
First you're pissed and then kind of proud?  Which is it.   :huh:

Anyway, in the world of driving related citations parking tickets are pretty low on the totem pole.  Parking tickets are like training bras.  Yeah, it's a real bra but there really isn't much in it.  pay it and come back when you get a real ticket.   :lol:

Parking tickets are to speeding tickets what whacking off is to f*$king...... :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

TheIntrepid

Quote from: M_power on December 14, 2007, 08:29:10 PM
I got another parking ticket today. what the fuck.

What'd you do?

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

dazzleman

Quote from: TheIntrepid on December 14, 2007, 09:09:16 PM
What'd you do?

See, Eddie's not only a truant, but a scofflaw..... :lol:

Are you working through the trauma of your ticket, Trep-man?  :evildude:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

TheIntrepid

Quote from: dazzleman on December 14, 2007, 09:21:32 PM

Are you working through the trauma of your ticket, Trep-man?  :evildude:

I've been at the campus all day, I just got home 15 minutes ago. I'll deal with it tomorrow morning. Then I'm going to be gone a few days again.

dazzleman

Quote from: TheIntrepid on December 14, 2007, 09:30:54 PM
I've been at the campus all day, I just got home 15 minutes ago. I'll deal with it tomorrow morning. Then I'm going to be gone a few days again.

Where are you going?  Are you sure they haven't lifted your passport as a result of this ticket? :rastaman:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: dazzleman on December 14, 2007, 09:31:50 PM
Where are you going?  Are you sure they haven't lifted your passport as a result of this ticket? :rastaman:

No no, I just stay on campus with my girlfriend and my friends usually; I feel much more at home there.

dazzleman

Quote from: TheIntrepid on December 14, 2007, 09:37:03 PM
No no, I just stay on campus with my girlfriend and my friends usually; I feel much more at home there.

Are you fighting with your parents?

Even if you're not, your attitude toward feeling more at home at college is pretty typical.  Growing less comfortable in your parents' home is a necessary process.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: dazzleman on December 14, 2007, 09:37:44 PM
Are you fighting with your parents?

Not really, but I don't like being home. Wastes gas to drive the 15km home too... if I stay on campus I can putt putt around in my gf's Civic when I need to get somewhere. Everything's closer there too.

dazzleman

Quote from: TheIntrepid on December 14, 2007, 09:38:47 PM
Not really, but I don't like being home. Wastes gas to drive the 15km home too... if I stay on campus I can putt putt around in my gf's Civic when I need to get somewhere. Everything's closer there too.

Civic?  Have you lost all your self-respect, man?  :lol:  [you know I'm only kidding, man...]

TheIntrepid

Quote from: dazzleman on December 15, 2007, 06:43:56 AM
Civic?  Have you lost all your self-respect, man?  :lol:  [you know I'm only kidding, man...]

It's not a bad car. 2002, pretty much loaded, amazing on gas. A tank of gas lasts 3 weeks for her, versus barely 1 week for me, and we drive about the same amount.

The Pirate

Quote from: dazzleman on December 15, 2007, 06:43:56 AM

Hey, c'mon now.  I loved my Civic.  It was easily the best car I've owned, as far as cost to keep it running.  Looking at insurance, repairs, maintenance and fuel, it's shocking how much money we spend for the privilege of owning a car.  The freedom it offers is well worth it to me, but it's still a lot of money.

For reference, in the 6 months I've owned the Protege, I've already spent significantly more on repairs than I spent in almost 3 years of owning the Honda.  I do like the car, and it should be good to go for a while here, but if any more bills come up, I'm going to start looking around at other options.  At this point in the game, there's only so much I'm willing to spend on transportation.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

dazzleman

Quote from: The Pirate on December 15, 2007, 09:51:34 AM
Hey, c'mon now.  I loved my Civic.  It was easily the best car I've owned, as far as cost to keep it running.  Looking at insurance, repairs, maintenance and fuel, it's shocking how much money we spend for the privilege of owning a car.  The freedom it offers is well worth it to me, but it's still a lot of money.

For reference, in the 6 months I've owned the Protege, I've already spent significantly more on repairs than I spent in almost 3 years of owning the Honda.  I do like the car, and it should be good to go for a while here, but if any more bills come up, I'm going to start looking around at other options.  At this point in the game, there's only so much I'm willing to spend on transportation.

I was just giving Trep s*$t.  There's really nothing wrong with a Civic.... :lol:

Hondas are a great car.  I had an Accord for nearly 7 years.  It needed litte more than regular maintenance during that period.

Just to get back on topic Adam, did you ever get a ticket in your Civic?  If you did, then you know it's a good car.... :lol:

The Pirate

Quote from: dazzleman on December 15, 2007, 09:55:49 AM
I was just giving Trep s*$t.  There's really nothing wrong with a Civic.... :lol:

Hondas are a great car.  I had an Accord for nearly 7 years.  It needed litte more than regular maintenance during that period.

Just to get back on topic Adam, did you ever get a ticket in your Civic?  If you did, then you know it's a good car.... :lol:

:lol:
Yeah, I had a couple of tickets in the Honda.  My high score was 82mph in a 65mph zone, in Pennsylvania.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

dazzleman

Quote from: The Pirate on December 15, 2007, 10:09:04 AM
Yeah, I had a couple of tickets in the Honda.  My high score was 82mph in a 65mph zone, in Pennsylvania.

That's a pretty respectable score, man.....definitely one you could brag to your buddies about (unlike, say, a 57 in a 55).... :evildude:

In that case, I take back what I said to Trep about Mrs. Trep's Civic.... :lol:

MX793

Quote from: TheIntrepid on December 14, 2007, 09:38:47 PM

You say that as though 15 km is some kind of long distance.  That's what, a 15 minute drive?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

CALL_911

Quote from: MX793 on December 15, 2007, 11:55:40 AM
You say that as though 15 km is some kind of long distance.  That's what, a 15 minute drive?

That's like 9 miles. Probably even less than 15 minutes.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

dazzleman

Quote from: CALL_911 on December 15, 2007, 11:56:35 AM
That's like 9 miles. Probably even less than 15 minutes.

Maybe it takes Trep 45 minutes because he drives so slowly... :devil:

Raza

Quote from: MX793 on December 15, 2007, 11:55:40 AM

Well, it can be worse than that.  When I commuted to campus, my drive was only 12.5 miles or so, and it could take anywhere from 30 minutes to 60 minutes.  All surface roads with low speed limits, dogmatic enforcement, school buses in the morning, and bad traffic. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SaltyDog

My commute is 1:15 in rush hour and 0:25 any other time.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

SVT_Power

Quote from: The Pirate on December 15, 2007, 10:09:04 AM

My only ticket is higher (although not on paper). Got clocked at 86 in a 65 but got off (relatively) with a 80 in a 65 :devil:

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Tave

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=12456.msg676952#msg676952 date=1197760024
Well, it can be worse than that.  When I commuted to campus, my drive was only 12.5 miles or so, and it could take anywhere from 30 minutes to 60 minutes.  All surface roads with low speed limits, dogmatic enforcement, school buses in the morning, and bad traffic. 

That's what it was like for me to get to ASU, plus a 45 minute walk from the parking lot. Thank God it's never cold there.

Thinking about sitting in traffic for an hour influenced me to skip A LOT of classes...
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.