GASP!?!!?!?@???!??!@, i'm thinking of buying an automatic.

Started by FlatBlackCaddy, December 14, 2007, 09:26:07 PM

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on December 17, 2007, 07:57:01 PM
S6 has the same v8 as the S8 correct?

I want a full size car if possible.

The only A6 varient that interst me is the RS6 but those are still pulling in 50K used.

The S6 has a 340 HP variant of the 4.2, the S8 has a 360 HP variant.

Submariner

Quote from: TBR on December 17, 2007, 08:12:09 PM
Honestly, it pains me to say this, but if I was shopping this segment I would probably go for a LS400. The face lifted version just looks so clean in black with 18"s.

Actually, I love the face lifted LS'400's.  They were the last models that actually were somewhat entertaining to drive.  Although, they are rubbish in the white stuff.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

TBR

FlatBlackCaddy

speaking of the LS, this is possibly what i might end up with.

Not because i'm looking for one, but because i have a line on a low mileage(100K) 1990 Lexus LS400 that needs a few things fixed. I could probobly pick it up and fix it for around 3K. It is loaded(literally every option in 1990). I've seen it, they are nice cars, and the very first LS are my favorite(style wise). It has 300Hp and full size(for the year) dimensions. Power everything(seat belt height adjuster are power, its crazy), nakamichi(sp) premium sound, heated seats/mirrors, electroluminescenc(sp) gauges, traction control, stability control(i believe), air suspension, built in cellular(soooo 1990's) and its very clean.

Its my fallback option for sure.

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Submariner

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on December 17, 2007, 08:22:07 PM
speaking of the LS, this is possibly what i might end up with.

Not because i'm looking for one, but because i have a line on a low mileage(100K) 1990 Lexus LS400 that needs a few things fixed. I could probobly pick it up and fix it for around 3K. It is loaded(literally every option in 1990). I've seen it, they are nice cars, and the very first LS are my favorite(style wise). It has 300Hp and full size(for the year) dimensions. Power everything(seat belt height adjuster are power, its crazy), nakamichi(sp) premium sound, heated seats/mirrors, electroluminescenc(sp) gauges, traction control, stability control(i believe), air suspension, built in cellular(soooo 1990's) and its very clean.

Its my fallback option for sure.

I don't think it had 300 HP stock.  I know 95's had 250.

And air suspension can get very messy very quickly on older cars.  I've seen it happen on Merc's, Audi's, BMW's, Lexus, etc.

TBR

Quote from: TheIntrepid on December 17, 2007, 08:23:52 PM
Looks are subjective. I like the way the LS430 looks.

You should move to Florida, find an old man wearing shorts up past his belly button and black knee socks. He might agree with you.

Seriously, it is horribly bland and boring, a Buick without style (actually, more accurately, a S-class without style).

FlatBlackCaddy

:huh:

Everything works in the LS, its flawless for its age.

I dont' recall the output of the first LS, though now that i think about it 250 seems about right. This was also during the japanese agreement times when motors were sometimes underrated.

I had a 1990 Q45 that was rated at 270HP with 295lb ft of torque(iirc, had a sticker under the hood), any fool that could feel a power band could tell that the car made much more than 270HP(probobly more like 295-305). The first gen q's are well known as some of the healthiest Q's before the new 340HP 4.5 showed up in 2001.

Anyway i'm sure the lexus isn't much different, though there is no dispute that the car is no powerhouse, and obviously doesn't fit into the category of the cars i listed.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: Submariner on December 17, 2007, 08:24:36 PM
I don't think it had 300 HP stock.  I know 95's had 250.

And air suspension can get very messy very quickly on older cars.  I've seen it happen on Merc's, Audi's, BMW's, Lexus, etc.

I don't even think the recent generation had 300 HP.

Submariner

ChrisV

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on December 17, 2007, 08:29:54 PM
:huh:

Everything works in the LS, its flawless for its age.

I dont' recall the output of the first LS, though now that i think about it 250 seems about right. This was also during the japanese agreement times when motors were sometimes underrated.

I had a 1990 Q45 that was rated at 270HP with 295lb ft of torque(iirc, had a sticker under the hood), any fool that could feel a power band could tell that the car made much more than 270HP(probobly more like 295-305). The first gen q's are well known as some of the healthiest Q's before the new 340HP 4.5 showed up in 2001.

Anyway i'm sure the lexus isn't much different, though there is no dispute that the car is no powerhouse, and obviously doesn't fit into the category of the cars i listed.

Good choice, especially for the price. And that engine is a jewel (it's the same engine I have for the Comet project). Easy to build power from if you want to later, though it's perfectly suited to being a DD as is.

oh, and they make cool VIP style cars... ;)
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FlatBlackCaddy

too much luxury chris, not my type of thing.

Besides even an old 2K rolls royce will make people think you're
a millionair(stupid non car people). I don't need that kind of BS.

ChrisV

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Tave

Quote from: ChrisV on December 18, 2007, 10:12:28 AM
That's why i was lolling. But did you see this?

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk/projectcardetail.asp?id=3

I started thinking about it...

I saw that after you mentioned it in the project thread. Very cool.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

ArchBishop

You need a Nissan Altima with JWT Parts. I have one to sell.