2009 Nissan Maxima pics leaked a day early.

Started by nickdrinkwater, March 18, 2008, 05:33:42 AM

nickdrinkwater

Here is the all new model:

Can't say I care much for the grille, but other than that it looks quite nice (on first impressions).

But I will reserve judgement for the time being - I've not yet seen it in the metal.

There's no info about engines yet, as all will be revealed at the NY Auto Show.  Speculation suggests the new diesel engine co-developed with Renault will be part of the line up.

I guess this car will be sold in the USA, Canada, Mexico and Middle East markets only.

Yawn

Does not look that bad.. Now I know those new Z pics roaming around are not fake with the same light config..

2o6

Love it. Looks much more distanced from the Altima.

Lazerous

"Forums are fast becoming the bane of automakers that've spent a lot of time, energy and money coordinating a new car's debut. Nissan was hoping to debut the all-new 2009 Maxima tomorrow during the New York Auto Show, but forum Supernissans.net has burst this carmaker's bubble a bit early. Six pics of the new 2009 Nissan Maxima were posted on this forum, which we've included in the gallery below, and more have begun showing up on other sites around the web. We'll have details on the car, as well as more live shots and high-res official photos, tomorrow morning when the new Maxima rolls out on stage in the Big Apple. Until then, we're sure you're eager to check out the pics and discuss this polarizing design in the comments."

The front looks like it was designed by a Chinese automaker. Those headlights bring in a new daring design but I don't think they look good at all. Something looks awkward in the side profile shot, can't put my finger on it. The rear taillights remind me of a Yaris. I feel like the wheels are too small and ugly.

I do, however, like the interior a bit.

Your thoughts?

Vinsanity

I like the new shape; it's sleeker and looks less bulky than the 04-08 model, although more anonymous (the body flare in the rear helps alot; it's agressive, but I don't think it's over the top).

I kind of like the new grille; it's distinctive.

I really don't understand the headlights, though. That hangnail on the bottom part is really bothersome, but I might get used to it (it bothers me in the same way the "eyebrow" used to bother me on the 5-series).

Laconian

I love the curves and the seams, but the headlights... WTF...
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Danish

Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

chevyguy06

Overall I like it, the front kinda reminds me of the Q45. But the tail-lights look straight off of the current-gen Civic coupe.
'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

afty

Raza

It seems like every Japanese car (and the Jag XF) have really similar profiles nowadays.

But, those headlights are funky, and fuck it, I kind of like it. 

*crosses fingers*...RWD and stick?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

omicron

Quote from: Raza  on March 18, 2008, 11:03:23 AM
See, it's not "general" automotive.  It's very specific automotive; it's about the Nissan Maxima. 

It should go in Mainstream. 

Ten points for Mr. Drinkwater, then.

nickdrinkwater

The interior looks really nice in that picture.

I wonder if that spoiler is optional.

FordSVT

Glad to see they've moved away from the Altima styling-wise.

I'm guessing this will get the 300+ hp version of the 3.5L as found in the G35/350Z? Pretty sad that the current Altima makes more power than the Maxima...

the Teuton

The grille is kinda new Accord-ish, but otherwise, it's gorgeous.  I'm not sure what to think about the headlights, but the interior is great.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Hondaboy9602

I like it expect the headlights. It would look better if the bottom of the headlights didn't extend so far.

omicron

The past four generations of Australian Maxima have been the '89 North American Maxima, the 2nd generation JDM Cefiro, the 3rd generation JDM Cefiro, and the current JDM Teana, so who knows what comes next for us.

CJ

Where's that projectile vomiting smiley when you need it?

Raza

Quote from: CJ on March 18, 2008, 12:04:31 PM
Where's that projectile vomiting smiley when you need it?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Catman

Not bad.  I kind of like my 07 better though.  This one looks a little soft like the Camry.  My wife says it looks like a Taurus. :lol:

SVT666

I really like it.  Hell, I even really like the headlight treatment.  Styling-wise, this car makes my list for sedans.

Hondaboy9602

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=13892.msg778072#msg778072 date=1205862373
*crosses fingers*...RWD and stick?
Wouldn't a RWD Maxima be too close to the G35?

ChrisV

Love everything but the headlights, which strike me aas too Japanese (they love funky design details that don't mesh with the rest of the car, just to be interesting). I especially like the muscular bulges over the wheelwells and the coke-bottle shape that that creates.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Atomic

i'm picking up my new 2008 maxi se this week. the deals are too great to wait for the '09 imo. also, i will never buy another 1st year car ever again. i like the all new one. finally, it looks un-altima like. good move, but i still love my 2000 and 2004 se's.

SVT666

Quote from: Atomic on March 18, 2008, 02:37:33 PM
i'm picking up my new 2008 maxi se this week. the deals are too great to wait for the '09 imo. also, i will never buy another 1st year car ever again. i like the all new one. finally, it looks un-altima like. good move, but i still love my 2000 and 2004 se's.
You're boring.  You always buy the same car.  What would you say about a patient who always played it safe by buying the same car all the time?

No offence intended. :ohyeah:

CJ

I'd say that he justt really likes his car.  There's nothing wrong with that.

Vinsanity

I just noticed how the front fender flare continues forward to form the cavity for the headlight. Very nice :ohyeah:

Although the taillight shape does need to blend in with the body better. That was also a problem with the 04-08 Maxima.

Cookie Monster

That thing is so ugly. I laughed when I first saw it because I thought it was a joke, like a photoshop or something.
WTF were they thinking when they designed those headlights?? And the rear end is really ugly too.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Catman

Quote from: Vinsanity on March 18, 2008, 10:20:32 AM
I like the new shape; it's sleeker and looks less bulky than the 04-08 model, although more anonymous (the body flare in the rear helps alot; it's agressive, but I don't think it's over the top).

I kind of like the new grille; it's distinctive.

I really don't understand the headlights, though. That hangnail on the bottom part is really bothersome, but I might get used to it (it bothers me in the same way the "eyebrow" used to bother me on the 5-series).

I agree with your take here.  Not a fan of the headlights from the side, not sure what the deal is.  Overall, I think it lost a little edge from the old one.  It's more Camry-like which might be a good thing to some.  I was hoping for a car that was a bit bigger, more like an A8 stance/presence.  I don't expect an A8 so don't misunderstand but something large (to further move from the Altima) and at the same time project an air of performance.  I'm not sure this does that. 

I'm curious as to the technical specifications.  It safe to assume it's FWD.  Seems like Nissan is content with leaving the RWD stuff to Infiniti.  Maybe an AWD option here?  Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see more power.  But, I'm wary of too much power in this car for the same reason I believe my 07 has enough.  The FWD just doesn't allow for the same comfortable power transfer as the G35.  Under hard acceleration it can be unsettling and distracting where a G35 is rock solid. It doesn't bother me much though because of the role it fills. It's roomy and comfortable and can still move out quickly.

hotrodalex

I'm lovin' the interior, sadly that's one of the only things I love about it. I won't even comment on the headlights. They suck ass, no need to delve deeper. The taillights look almost exactly like a Civic's. I'm not sure about the grill yet. It's really blocky and makes the front end look flat. Not sure if that's good or bad though.

MX793

I really like the overall shape, especially in profile.  It's leaner, more muscular and the back end looks less droopy.  However, like a number of Bangled BMWs, it suffers in the details.  The headlights in particular look terrible and I'm not keen on the hood design.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5