Subway
15 (55.6%)
Quiznos
8 (29.6%)
Other
4 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Tave

I wish I had an option. There's about six or seven Subways in this town but not one Quiznos.

We did just get a Jimmy Johns, which is as good as Subway but a lot cheaper. Jimmy Johns reminds me of Silvermine.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

SVT666

Quote from: Tave on May 06, 2008, 10:57:04 AM
I wish I had an option. There's about six or seven Subways in this town but not one Quiznos.

We did just get a Jimmy Johns, which is as good as Subway but a lot cheaper. Jimmy Johns reminds me of Silvermine.
When I lived in Edmonton, we had a local chain of sub shops called "Badass Jacks", and they were awesome.

omicron

Quote from: HEMI666 on May 06, 2008, 10:56:10 AM
When Quiznos first opened up in Canada I was very impressed and that's where we would go when looking for a sandwich, but in the last year or so, Quiznos' quality has taken a real shit kicking.  I still don't like Subway.  The meat doesn't taste....real, and the cheese at Quiznos isn't processed.  If I had to chose right now, I would rather go for a Donair.

That sounds like a brand of air-conditioner.

Lebowski

Quote from: Tave on May 06, 2008, 10:57:04 AM

Jimmy Johns is vastly superior to Subway.

Raza

Quote from: Lebowski on May 06, 2008, 11:44:25 AM
Jimmy Johns is vastly superior to Subway.

Vastly is an understatement. 

Do you have Hungry Howie's in your part of Florida?  I've eaten there twice; their calzone-style sandwiches are amazing.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

r0tor

Quote from: Raza  on May 06, 2008, 10:45:55 AM
Local places and smaller chains are always better.  That place Primo's I mentioned earlier uses roughly three times the meat of Subway. 

All the small shops have boring selections... you get an italian hoagie and its ham, more ham, maybe some capicola, and american cheese with lettuce/tomatoe/onion -yawn-

nothing like what subway offers....
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

r0tor

now if only you could get miracle whip at one of these places.... mmmm
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Raza

Quote from: r0tor on May 06, 2008, 12:32:33 PM
All the small shops have boring selections... you get an italian hoagie and its ham, more ham, maybe some capicola, and american cheese with lettuce/tomatoe/onion -yawn-

nothing like what subway offers....

Yeah, too bad small shops don't have "ice cold rubbery chicken" sandwiches like Subway does. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

r0tor

mmm... order the rubbery chicken with tomato sauce, pepperoni, and provalone cheese toasted...

Raza

Quote from: r0tor on May 06, 2008, 12:36:08 PM
mmm... order the rubbery chicken with tomato sauce, pepperoni, and provalone cheese toasted...

It seems like you have a taste for the mediocre. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Lebowski

Quote from: Raza  on May 06, 2008, 11:57:17 AM

Do you have Hungry Howie's in your part of Florida?  I've eaten there twice; their calzone-style sandwiches are amazing.

I think there's one right down the street from me, I've never been there.  We had one near my parents in S. FL too, I think I ordered a pizza there like once.

Raza

Quote from: Lebowski on May 06, 2008, 12:43:05 PM
I think there's one right down the street from me, I've never been there.  We had one near my parents in S. FL too, I think I ordered a pizza there like once.

Try their sandwiches.  Really tasty.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

Quiznos is far superior. Their sandwiches come with much more meat, their toaster is much better, and, if you like, they have very good "designer" sandwiches, all for about a $1 more than a comparable Subway sandwich. Not even close.

280Z Turbo

Subway is better, although I may just be under the influence of subliminal messages in their commercials:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WHIo4VruGZY

:lol:

sandertheshark

Quiznos by a mile.

I refuse to approach Subway in protest to their ads (I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to see that smug douchebag Jarrod beaten to death with a loaf of Subway's freshly-baked honey oat bread) but regardless, their sandwiches are just not half as good as Quiznos.

sandertheshark

Does anyone have Schlotzsky's near where they live?  I consider them the best sandwich chain.  Unfortunately the nearest one to me is in Bloomington, IL and their market seems to be shrinking.  Their base is in Texas, and I know they're scattered at least from California to Wisconsin to Florida.  Check them out if there's one near you.

TBR

There's one right next to where I work (Chick-fil-A). I really don't like it very much and it is expensive. Plus their service is terrible (which is why we make probably 4x as much money).

Gotta-Qik-C7

$5 foot long Italian BMT!  :rockon:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

TBR

$6.05 Regular Length Classic Italian (maybe 10 inches?)

Lebowski

Quote from: sandertheshark on May 06, 2008, 04:50:05 PM
Does anyone have Schlotzsky's near where they live?  I consider them the best sandwich chain.  Unfortunately the nearest one to me is in Bloomington, IL and their market seems to be shrinking.  Their base is in Texas, and I know they're scattered at least from California to Wisconsin to Florida.  Check them out if there's one near you.

They are good, though I don't think they have any near where I am now.

2o6

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=14488.msg816731#msg816731 date=1210092355
Local places and smaller chains are always better.  That place Primo's I mentioned earlier uses roughly three times the meat of Subway. 

There's a Primo's deli in my area. I wonder if they're related somehow.

They also make better food for a lower cost.....Now I'm craving an american sub.

2o6

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=14488.msg816767#msg816767 date=1210096637

Hungry Howie's is OK.

NomisR

Quote from: TBR on May 06, 2008, 04:59:06 PM
There's one right next to where I work (Chick-fil-A). I really don't like it very much and it is expensive. Plus their service is terrible (which is why we make probably 4x as much money).
Chick-fil-a > Quiznos + Subway

TBR

Don't get too attached to CFA, they're struggling over there in Cali.

NomisR

Quote from: TBR on May 06, 2008, 06:52:44 PM
Don't get too attached to CFA, they're struggling over there in Cali.

They're opening up quite a few new stores though.  A lot of them seem to overlap a bit too much, they can definately be spaced out a bit more.  Plus, they're not exactly cheap as far as fast food is concerned.

TBR

Quote from: NomisR on May 06, 2008, 06:56:58 PM
They're opening up quite a few new stores though.  A lot of them seem to overlap a bit too much, they can definately be spaced out a bit more.  Plus, they're not exactly cheap as far as fast food is concerned.

You all get different pricing than the rest of the country, but compared to "fast food" they aren't cheap here either. But, if you drill that down to chicken fast food, it is competitive. And, Houston alone has about 50 stores, I imagine Atlanta (where the company was founded) has considerably more.

dazzleman

I take Quiznos over Subway, though the gap has narrowed since Subway now offers their rolls toasted also.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

CJ

I don't like Jimmy Johns. 

Five

Five dollar

Five dollar foot long

I had a Subway meatball sub for dinner, and it was a $5 foot long.  So good!

J86

Fuck Subway!!  Crappy food.

Fuck Quiznos!!  Crappy service.

Go whatever local joint ya got where the food is good, unique, and the service doesn't blow...!

Failing that, that Jimmy Johns Italian in the lettuce wrap ain't too bad "I'm drunk but am going to pretend to be healthy" food...too bad we don't have 'em East!

TBR

I'd like to note that service is often not a chain wide issue, my Quiznos has perfectly fine service (not great mind you, but better than Subway).