E39 vs. E60: Let the Bimmer games begin

Started by the Teuton, May 05, 2008, 10:37:13 PM

hounddog

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 13, 2008, 08:51:19 AM
I would bet Forbes knows as much about cars as I know about anomalous electromagnetism.
Not Forbes magazine, Forbes.com.

And this was written by Micheal Frank who has written auto articles for Esquire, Automobile, Forbes, and National Geographic Adventure. 

Only being familiar with Automobile I can not say if he knows what he is talking about, but it appears at first glance he is experienced.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

the Teuton

I just drove an E34 today, and besides having the largest steering wheel I have ever seen in a car, it was pretty cool.  I'd take one.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

the Teuton

I just noticed something when I was maneuvering an E60 today:  The higher doors really do make visibility a pain in the ass when it comes to low speed navigation.  I hate the higher doors and smaller windows of these newer cars.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

sportyaccordy

Quote from: the Teuton on May 23, 2008, 05:11:38 PM
I just drove an E34 today, and besides having the largest steering wheel I have ever seen in a car, it was pretty cool.  I'd take one.

I saw an E34 M5 yesterday. Beautiful.