745Li and 750Li Differences?

Started by R33 GT-R, July 20, 2005, 03:48:56 PM

R33 GT-R

I'm going to look it up but I was wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head?
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

giant_mtb

Where's Dave when ya need him! ^_^

ifcar

The 750Li has modified exterior and interior styling, a recalibrated suspension, an improved iDrive system, and a larger engine.

R33 GT-R

QuoteThe 750Li has modified exterior and interior styling, a recalibrated suspension, an improved iDrive system, and a larger engine.
Thanks Iffy.

BMWDave

QuoteThe 750Li has modified exterior and interior styling, a recalibrated suspension, an improved iDrive system, and a larger engine.
Thats basically it.  There are also more wheel choices, I believe.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

R33 GT-R

Thats basically it.  There are also more wheel choices, I believe.
A good friend of mine, another Allstate agent, came by today in one he just bought.  It was a buyback in Miami with 35k miles on it and loaded out, he paid 55k for it and said they had 20 more just like it on their lot.  It was a 03 745Li, the car really impressed me when I took it for a spin.  I've never driven a 7 series before but I really enjoyed it and boy was it comfortable.

TBR

Thinking about adding to the stable?

R33 GT-R

I'm kind of pissed with the RR deal, now they are telling me I can't get orange for a few months and that's not even for certain.  I need something new and just don't have any idea what I want.  I have a truck to pull, the wife drives the 230 sport but is wanting eitheir a s-type or Eseries CDI in about 6 months.  I don't drive the Skylines but on the weekend a bit.  I was contemplating picking up on a good deal on a larger luxo sedan.  I really don't have a clue but I have some spare change burning a hole in my pocket.  The wife has given me the go ahead to spend at will so it's really starting to agitate me that I am clueless.  My friends car just struck me as a really nice deal today, that's a ton of car for the money and it was pretty sweet.

R33 GT-R

Do you have any suggestions TBR.  I really wanted the RR sport but I don't want anything but the orange.  All I know right now is I want something bigger but don't want to go over 70k and would like to stay around 60 if possible.

TBR

Would a M45 or GS430 be too small? If so, I would look for a slightly used XJ8L.  

R33 GT-R

QuoteWould a M45 or GS430 be too small? If so, I would look for a slightly used XJ8L.
No to the infiniti and lexus, let me find the xj.

R33 GT-R

I like the xj8l but it's a bit paw paw, if you know what I mean.  I'm 32 not 62 and it seems I only see older people driving them.  I think it's definitely classy enough but a bit stereotyped in my mind.

TBR

Looks like getting one for under 70k will be a problem, they seem to hover around $71,000. If you don't need that much space you can get a XJ8 for about $50,000 or a XJR for another $7.5k

TBR

QuoteI like the xj8l but it's a bit paw paw, if you know what I mean.  I'm 32 not 62 and it seems I only see older people driving them.  I think it's definitely classy enough but a bit stereotyped in my mind.
I figured that might be the case. How about this?

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=1...=en&cardist=177

Or this:

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=1...en&cardist=1332

Or this:

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=1...ist=1332#vdptop

R33 GT-R

The A8 is gorgeous, I like it.  The RS6 packs the punch but is a tad on the small side.  I'm sure I would love the performance of the 6 over the 8.  Good choices there, do you not like the 745s?  I haven't done any research besides a little today on larger luxury sedans.  

R33 GT-R

QuoteOr maybe this:

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=1...dist=165#vdptop
The M5 is nice but since redesign I would be weary of purchasing it.  This guy is probably going to buy the new one after he sells it.  I've driven a M5 before and it's a great car but I want a solid comfy ride.  

TBR

I guess the M5 is probably also too small, the 745i is a fine sedan, just not my personal style. But, if you like it go for it, there is nothing wrong with it.

R33 GT-R

QuoteI guess the M5 is probably also too small, the 745i is a fine sedan, just not my personal style. But, if you like it go for it, there is nothing wrong with it.
Well I'm a little older and I have 2 hot rods in the garage for that adrenaline rush.  If I need more I can break out the sportbike.  I'm a little older but not old by no means and I think the 745 is a classy but still a bit youthful looking car.

R33 GT-R

I do like the A8, have you driven one?

TBR

QuoteI guess the M5 is probably also too small, the 745i is a fine sedan, just not my personal style. But, if you like it go for it, there is nothing wrong with it.
Well I'm a little older and I have 2 hot rods in the garage for that adrenaline rush.  If I need more I can break out the sportbike.  I'm a little older but not old by no means and I think the 745 is a classy but still a bit youthful looking car.
I like large sedans, I just don't like the way the 7-series looks, inside or out. And, I am just 15.  

R33 GT-R

TBR

It looks nice and is a good price, but the wheels ruin the entire look of the car. Where you going to get a supercharged RRS or the NA version?  

R33 GT-R

QuoteIt looks nice and is a good price, but the wheels ruin the entire look of the car. Where you going to get a supercharged RRS or the NA version?
I was going to get the supercharged which optioned would have pushed me well over 70k.  I didn't have a problem with that, I really really like the truck.  I do not however like any of the other colors but the orange on it.  

Since I'm switching up I've got a new price point because I'm just spending money here to spend money.  Did I need the RR, no but I liked it enough to get into the car buying mood.  Now it's in my head to get something, so I'm going to follow through.

You don't like the wheels?  I don't mind them but I could always switch to something BBS style aftermarket.

TBR

Hubcaps just don't seem approporiate for a 60k car imho.  

R33 GT-R

Those are hubcaps, I didn't know that.  I thought they were painted and polished aluminum rims.

R33 GT-R

I see the calipers behind them pretty clearly in the pic, are you sure?

R33 GT-R

TBR

I guess they are regular wheels, but they still look too much like hupcaps for my tastes: