Cobalt SS 3 Door

Started by GMPenguin, July 20, 2005, 04:15:21 PM

GMPenguin

The scanner kinda made it weird, but here ya go anyway. :)

giant_mtb

wOOt!!  Very nice job...looks really good.  I mean there a couple things that are a little odd but I mean it's just a drawing...so...good job!  I like it.  :rockon:  

ifcar

Kind of a cross between a ZX3 and a C-Coupe with a Cobalt front end, but it comes off as an attractive vehicle overall.

GMPenguin

Thanks, it looks better on paper cause you can actually see all the lines, I had to use a different scanning program because the other one is being temperamental.

giant_mtb

My scanner isn't working either...I hit the scan button and it freezes... <_<  :rolleyes:  :lol:  

Tom

That doesn't look bad at all.

bobwill

At first I thought that Chevy was going to do something like Saturn's rear access doors.  :blink:

Not a bad looking sketch.  It kind of reminds me of the Scion tC.
GM should make a delta hatchback for the US.  Then, move the rear seats back, and then one of the biggest, most dead on criticisms for the cars (lack of rear seat leg room) would be gone.

BMWDave

Not a bad sketch at all....the back end reminds me of the all new Ford Focus hatch in Europe.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Tom

Hatchbacks and wagons are good.

ifcar

QuoteAt first I thought that Chevy was going to do something like Saturn's rear access doors.  :blink:

Not a bad looking sketch.  It kind of reminds me of the Scion tC.
GM should make a delta hatchback for the US.  Then, move the rear seats back, and then one of the biggest, most dead on criticisms for the cars (lack of rear seat leg room) would be gone.
But then there's no cargo space.  

TBR

You'll need to adjust the light settings, scanners can't pick-up thin lines well with the default settings.  

JYODER240

Looks Good! Definently much better than the Aveo.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

giant_mtb

Set your scanner to scan at 600 DPI, Kev...should work better.  My scanner can go all the way up to 3000 DPI, but "there isn't enough space on the disk"...umm...yeah...there's 189 GB's on the disc.  :lol:  :lol:   But yeah, crank 'er up to 300 or 600 and you'll get a better scan.

GMPenguin

QuoteSet your scanner to scan at 600 DPI, Kev...should work better.  My scanner can go all the way up to 3000 DPI, but "there isn't enough space on the disk"...umm...yeah...there's 189 GB's on the disc.  :lol:  :lol:   But yeah, crank 'er up to 300 or 600 and you'll get a better scan.
Will do, if I can find out how anyway. :lol:

And at C&G Ted made a chop out of it: B)

EDIT:  And if anyone cares, I actually used cues from the Opel Astra for the body.

ifcar

Chop came out very nice. Was an Astra used as the hatchback vehicle?

BMWDave

QuoteChop came out very nice. Was an Astra used as the hatchback vehicle?
I agree, the chop does look nice B)

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

GMPenguin

QuoteChop came out very nice. Was an Astra used as the hatchback vehicle?
I used the Astra, Ted just cut out the trunk on a Cobalt coupe.

ifcar

That's very interesting how similar their rooflines are, I hadn't noticed that.

GMPenguin

QuoteThat's very interesting how similar their rooflines are, I hadn't noticed that.
The Astra's C-pillar actually gets thicker at the top and the rear window is more vertical instead of with the pillar, but I cut it off.  But other than that I was surprised by how alike they are too.

Raghavan

Nice! looks much nicer than the coupe or sedan.

TBR

Looks very nice, though I think the coupe does look better (from that view the hatch looks great, but from the rear it probably wouldn't look too hot). But, still, a very nice job :)

bobwill

QuoteAt first I thought that Chevy was going to do something like Saturn's rear access doors.  :blink:

Not a bad looking sketch.  It kind of reminds me of the Scion tC.
GM should make a delta hatchback for the US.  Then, move the rear seats back, and then one of the biggest, most dead on criticisms for the cars (lack of rear seat leg room) would be gone.
I just think that large trunks have been obsolete on compact cars since they started doing split folding rear seats.  Who tries to take 4 people on a road trip with a significant amount of luggage in a compact?  You generally only need cargo space or passenger space.

ifcar

QuoteAt first I thought that Chevy was going to do something like Saturn's rear access doors.  :blink:

Not a bad looking sketch.  It kind of reminds me of the Scion tC.
GM should make a delta hatchback for the US.  Then, move the rear seats back, and then one of the biggest, most dead on criticisms for the cars (lack of rear seat leg room) would be gone.
I just think that large trunks have been obsolete on compact cars since they started doing split folding rear seats.  Who tries to take 4 people on a road trip with a significant amount of luggage in a compact?  You generally only need cargo space or passenger space.
I wouldn't want a car that I'd have to fold the seat to put groceries in.

bobwill

QuoteAt first I thought that Chevy was going to do something like Saturn's rear access doors.? :blink:

Not a bad looking sketch.? It kind of reminds me of the Scion tC.
GM should make a delta hatchback for the US.? Then, move the rear seats back, and then one of the biggest, most dead on criticisms for the cars (lack of rear seat leg room) would be gone.
I wouldn't want a car that I'd have to fold the seat to put groceries in.
I'm not saying that there's no need for any cargo space, but come on, the Saturn Ion has like the largest trunk of any compact on the road.  Did they need to make the trunk that big at the expense of rear seat legroom?

ifcar

No reason a car can't have both. Look to the Focus and Aerio as examples of cars with trunks as roomy as the Ion's that have comfortable rear seats.

giant_mtb

How 'bout the trunk on the Crown Viccy and its other FoMoCo equivalents...I can fit my bike in the trunk in the Grand Marquis if I take the front wheel off...^_^

ifcar

QuoteHow 'bout the trunk on the Crown Viccy and its other FoMoCo equivalents...I can fit my bike in the trunk in the Grand Marquis if I take the front wheel off...^_^
Or get a bike rack for the Grand Marquis and put the bike in the Explorer without taking the wheel off. (Or did you solve that problem yet?)

giant_mtb

QuoteHow 'bout the trunk on the Crown Viccy and its other FoMoCo equivalents...I can fit my bike in the trunk in the Grand Marquis if I take the front wheel off...^_^
Or get a bike rack for the Grand Marquis and put the bike in the Explorer without taking the wheel off. (Or did you solve that problem yet?)
Why would I get a bike rack for the GM then put the bike in the Explorer?  :blink:  :lol:  

giant_mtb

Yes we did get a bike rack...a strap-on one for 150 and it will work with both the Explorer and the Marquis.  But because the Marquis is so low I still have to take the front wheel off because if we go over a medium sized bump the tire will hit the ground at 60+ MPH.  B)  

ifcar

Why would I get a bike rack for the GM then put the bike in the Explorer?  :blink:  :lol:
Because you needed to carry the bicycle in either vehicle. Glad to hear you found a suitable (and fairly inexpensive) rack.