Edmunds: 2009 A4 3.2 Quattro vs 2008 MB C350

Started by SJ_GTI, June 09, 2008, 02:24:41 PM

cawimmer430

Quote from: Pommes-T on June 10, 2008, 06:11:27 AM
In all german reviews I've read so far the A4 won against all competitors. In most cases the C-class was far behind. The c-class even lost against the new Mondeo once or twice.

If I remember correctly, in earlier days when a new Benz came out, no Ford would have been the better choice.

I must say that a red Avantgarde version looks pretty hot, but the ordinary C-class leaves me completely cold. The Audi on the other hand looks absolutely stunning in every perspective. Yesterday I've seen a white one with large rims.... HARRRR!!!!  :partyon:

IMO the new c-class is a good car, but not a very good one that should have a star on the hood and have the price of a Mercedes. I absolutely can't imagine why anyone would want to buy this car.  (instead his last name is Wimmer...  ;)) . And the Audi is just damn hot and probably the best car in its class!!!!  :clap: :rockon:

Oh, and don't forget the 3.2 has AWD, too...

The Ford Mondeo won based mainly on value. There have been several reviews where the W204 C-Class won over the new Audi A4 and BMW 3-Series. All that matters when ranking these cars is editor opinion. Big deal.  :ohyeah:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

ArchBishop

The Audi has a nice interior. To bad it's a shit car.

Raza

Quote from: ArchBishop on June 14, 2008, 01:24:34 AM
The Audi has a nice interior. Too bad it's a shit car.

Justification?  I mean, sure, it's no Altima, but "shit" is a strong adjective.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Submariner

Quote from: CALL_911 on June 09, 2008, 10:00:34 PM

I don't know what eon you're living in, but the Benz's interior is nothing to write home about.

It may have a one up on styling (well, a 4 up or 5 up actually)  But the CTS I sat in didn't blow me away with it's quality.  Panels wern't lined up properly, and none of the materials blew me away.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

CALL_911

Quote from: ArchBishop on June 14, 2008, 01:24:34 AM
The Audi has a nice interior. To bad it's a shit car.

Wait, someone who drives one of these calls the Audi a shit car?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

AltinD

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

ArchBishop

Quote from: CALL_911 on June 14, 2008, 08:29:48 AM

Wait, someone who drives one of these calls the Audi a shit car?

yeah, My car is A. Reliable B. More rewarding to drive than those C. Handles and brakes better D. Cost a hell of a lot less.

Again, The audi is a shit car, just like everything else with the Audi/VW badge. When is the last time they made a class leading anything? 

And what do you drive again?

ArchBishop

Quote from: Raza  on June 14, 2008, 06:59:58 AM
Justification?  I mean, sure, it's no Altima, but "shit" is a strong adjective.

You know, I had it as "Too" and deleted the extra "o" out of ignorance.

VW makes overpriced, under engineered crap products. Not one car they make is actually "good" in my eyes.

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: ArchBishop on June 15, 2008, 12:18:50 AM
yeah, My car is A. Reliable B. More rewarding to drive than those C. Handles and brakes better D. Cost a hell of a lot less.

Again, The audi is a shit car, just like everything else with the Audi/VW badge. When is the last time they made a class leading anything? 

An Altima is more rewarding to drive than an A6?  In what way does it handle and brake better?

I doubt you really believe that anything with an Audi or VW badge is shit.  More likely you're just trying to provoke people.

Recent class leaders for VW?  Try the Golf, Passat, Tiguan, Eos.... 

Raza

Quote from: ArchBishop on June 15, 2008, 12:20:31 AM

VW makes overpriced, under engineered crap products. Not one car they make is actually "good" in my eyes.

You're not even worth the time of a thought out response.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Submariner

Quote from: Raza  on June 15, 2008, 07:57:42 AM
You're not even worth the time of a thought out response.

Clearly you know nothing about cars, or the true power of the Altima/b]

Quote from: ArchBishop on June 15, 2008, 12:20:31 AM

I believe you man!  Heres the picture I got from Altima.com of you blowing away an overpriced VW POS!

JYODER240

My car is a more reliable, more involving, performs better, and costs less than a lot of other cars, but that doesn't neccasarily make it better or those other cars junk.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Vinsanity

I'm no VW fan, but that made me literally LOL. Thanks.

ArchBishop

Your right, track ready braking systems, tires, and stiffer suspension are garbage compared to a 3600lb pile of German waste. Silly me.

I'm sure this car is garbage too...

heaven Forbid people read REAL magazines, like GRSM....

Let me ask, have you ever even worked on a car? Any of you?

ArchBishop

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on June 15, 2008, 05:47:05 AM
An Altima is more rewarding to drive than an A6?  In what way does it handle and brake better?

I doubt you really believe that anything with an Audi or VW badge is shit.  More likely you're just trying to provoke people.

Recent class leaders for VW?  Try the Golf, Passat, Tiguan, Eos.... 

:wtf: :wtf:
Let me ask you this, in what why does my car NOT handle and brake better? 350lb front springs, with Stiffer Struts (about to go with a custom set up) Strut brace, polyurethane control arm bushings, control arm brace (or is that a front sway bar call911? Idiot.)  front adjustable camber plates, with a whiteline recommended alignment.
(1.5 degrees camber front, 2.0 caster, 0.0 toe. 1.75 degrees camber rear, 2.0 degrees of toe Rear)
The rear is pretty much more of the same with an addition of a 7/8th" adjustable rear sway bar.

With me in the car, and a full tank of gas, it is just under 3000lb, full weight. Daily driven.

But a car that weighs 3600lbs, and is targeted as a luxury sedan handles better?

Right.

ArchBishop

Quote from: JYODER240 on June 15, 2008, 10:06:57 AM
My car is a more reliable, more involving, performs better, and costs less than a lot of other cars, but that doesn't neccasarily make it better or those other cars junk.

It makes those cars inferior. Of course, if you drive it like a bitch, which I'm sure you do, then that makes you no better than them.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: ArchBishop on June 16, 2008, 12:08:21 AM
Let me ask you this, in what why does my car NOT handle and brake better? 350lb front springs, with Stiffer Struts (about to go with a custom set up) Strut brace, polyurethane control arm bushings, control arm brace (or is that a front sway bar call911? Idiot.)  front adjustable camber plates, with a whiteline recommended alignment.
(1.5 degrees camber front, 2.0 caster, 0.0 toe. 1.75 degrees camber rear, 2.0 degrees of toe Rear)
The rear is pretty much more of the same with an addition of a 7/8th" adjustable rear sway bar.

With me in the car, and a full tank of gas, it is just under 3000lb, full weight. Daily driven.

But a car that weighs 3600lbs, and is targeted as a luxury sedan handles better?

Right.

You can't compare a modified car to a bone stock car, especially one that has the biggest and heaviest engine.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

AltinD

^^ Yeah he can ... it's a free country. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

nickdrinkwater

Right.

By that logic we should be comparing a tuned Altima to a tuned Audi.

You'd look like a dickhead driving that Nissan on the road though.

Submariner

You have your head shoved so far up your ass that we shouldn't even bother telling you what an idiot you are.

Submariner

Quote from: ArchBishop on June 16, 2008, 12:02:33 AM
Your right, track ready braking systems, tires, and stiffer suspension are garbage compared to a 3600lb pile of German waste. Silly me.

heaven Forbid people read REAL magazines, like GRSM....

Let me ask, have you ever even worked on a car? Any of you?

I'm sure this car is garbage too...

I've been told it only has 200 HP from the terrible 2.0.  And Weighs 4000 pounds.

LOOK AT THAT POS THE GROUND UNDER IT IS CRACKING FROM THE WEIGHT.

And in case you accuse me of only posting sponsored cars (Lets actually see sponsored Altimas.  Oh wait...) I'll post a private guys budget car.

All overweight, all POS.

sportyaccordy

LOL ArchBishop is beasting

Again there is much more to a car than how well it performs on a track. So much more.

I saw a drag race where a super built up Civic beat a GT-R in a drag race. But guess what??? As much as I loathe the GT-R I would take that any day over the Civic. #'s aren't everything.

JYODER240

Quote from: ArchBishop on June 16, 2008, 12:17:29 AM
It makes those cars inferior. Of course, if you drive it like a bitch, which I'm sure you do, then that makes you no better than them.

CALL_911

And even after the mods, a bone stock A4 would still beat the living shit out of your Altima. :lol:

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

JYODER240

Doesn't really matter since you're comparing a modded 10yr old mainstream car to a new luxury sports sedan.

CALL_911

Quote from: JYODER240 on June 16, 2008, 08:31:49 AM
Doesn't really matter since you're comparing a modded 10yr old mainstream car to a new luxury sports sedan.

The funny part is how he thinks his mundane little sedan can actually hold a candle to one of the best players in the entry-lux/sport segment.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Lebowski

Right.

Mods/adjustments you made on Gran Turismo don't count.

Lebowski

Quote from: ArchBishop on June 16, 2008, 12:02:33 AM

Seriously ... that thing is fucking hideous.  I wouldn't be caught dead in that riced out shitbox.  Anyone over the age of 16 would get laughed out of town if they drove that, I don't care how it performs.

r0tor

the altima clearly needs a larger wing... clearly
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

ArchBishop

Quote from: r0tor on June 16, 2008, 09:37:40 AM
the altima clearly needs a larger wing... clearly
It's a Sentra, and that is for actual for National competition racing.