Motorcycles.

Started by S204STi, July 21, 2008, 10:19:36 AM

SVT_Power

So i think I'm gonna ride the FZ6 to the end of the season and sell it before moving down to Boston at some point in the next year.

I could sell it now to maximize the money but I think for a bike that'll only be worth like $3k, I rather just enjoy the summer and sell it this fall.

When I get down to Boston though, definitely considering a SS or something since it'll only be a weekend fun toy instead of a daily commuter. (And insurance won't be so ridiculous)
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

giant_mtb

Quote from: SVT_Power on June 29, 2017, 11:37:13 AM
um

Well, for something relatively sporty and able to handle a small amount of dirt or some shitty roads, nothing beats an adventure, IMO.

MX793

A lot of "adventure" bikes aren't any better on a dirt road than a standard.  They sit slightly taller, but they still run street wheels and tires and they don't have more suspension travel.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Speed_Racer

Quote from: MX793 on June 29, 2017, 02:34:33 PM
A lot of "adventure" bikes aren't any better on a dirt road than a standard.  They sit slightly taller, but they still run street wheels and tires and they don't have more suspension travel.

The crossover SUVs of the motorcycle world

giant_mtb

Quote from: MX793 on June 29, 2017, 02:34:33 PM

A lot, yeah. But when I think of an adv I'm thinking like a KTM 690/1290/whatever-90.  Machines that can cruise all day but still go off road.

Speed_Racer

The bike looked good, rode good, and the owner has kept up on maintenance. He had a workshop full of toys - boats, ATVs, cars, dirtbikes. He was just making room for something else I suppose. I got him down a little more on price so I'm picking it up tomorrow after work. Hurray for bike #2 (and Suzuki #3)!

giant_mtb

Speed_Racer

12,000 RPM

Nice :ohyeah:

So what happens to the SV?
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

giant_mtb

Speed_Racer

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 30, 2017, 08:34:55 PM
Nice :ohyeah:

So what happens to the SV?

I'm keeping it - I'll use it for trips around town, canyons, and track days. It costs nothing to run aside from tires so I don't mind having both

Speed_Racer

Woke up to find someone had keyed my SV's gas tank, so I guess not everyone is a fan of the new ride.
Low-life piece of trash, whoever it was.

BimmerM3

WTF? Sorry dude - that sucks. :(

MX793

Quote from: Speed_Racer on July 03, 2017, 08:23:28 AM
Woke up to find someone had keyed my SV's gas tank, so I guess not everyone is a fan of the new ride.
Low-life piece of trash, whoever it was.

Clearly intentional or possible incidental (someone parked next to you dragged a purse or back with metal HW across the tank, someone decided to side on your bike and scratched it with a buckle or zipper)?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Speed_Racer

Quote from: MX793 on July 03, 2017, 08:37:10 AM
Clearly intentional or possible incidental (someone parked next to you dragged a purse or back with metal HW across the tank, someone decided to side on your bike and scratched it with a buckle or zipper)?

Very intentional - three long key gouges on the right side. I park my bikes nearly touching as to not get in anyone's way so it's not from someone sitting on it. I can buff/blend one and half of another, but I'm going to have to get some touch-up for the rest as it's thru the paint to the metal.

I have always parked my bike(s) on a little area next to our dumpster, completely out of people's way and not impeding the lot or any tenant spots. All of my neighbors have seen me out there wrenching quietly, and I'm always friendly. Someone's just salty I suppose.

It does have me looking at listings though. In the time I've been here I've also had one attempted and one successful break-in of the Kizashi, so I'm kind of over this neighborhood. It just sucks because rental and home prices are going crazy out here so it's an awful time to move.

SVT_Power

Damn that sux. I have a pretty good situation with parking right now, so I have little to worry about (bottom floor of a 2 level parking garage, way off in the corner and my spot is actually offset in from the main layout so you can't even see my bike without actually physically walking all the way to the corner of the parking lot).

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

Also, started mentioning the idea of a motorcycle to my mom yesterday and playing the hypothetical game. She ultimately responded with an absolute no, I sent her a picture of my bike without saying it's mine.

I have not heard from my mom since that photo  :mask:

CaminoRacer

I just park my bike in front of my car. It'd be nice if my car was 20' long. Almost sticks out past the pillar at the end of the spot.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

12,000 RPM

Ugh that sucks man. All this means now is you gotta wrap it. Speaking of which I think I might wrap my tank...

shp4man

Sorry to hear about the vandalism on your bike, dude. If I caught some shithead doing that to my bike, I may do something violent and probably get hauled into court.

Speed_Racer

Quote from: shp4man on July 03, 2017, 01:01:43 PM
Sorry to hear about the vandalism on your bike, dude. If I caught some shithead doing that to my bike, I may do something violent and probably get hauled into court.

Same, and I'm a peaceful guy. It's not about the bike, it's about willfully destroying someone else's property.

SVT_Power

Was out on the bike all day, noticed mid-ride I have air in my rear brakes. I don't really ever use it to actual slow down, but occasionally I'll just put my foot on it while stopped. I put my foot on it at one point and thought my pedal had become disconnected somehow, turned out just no pressure. Then a few minutes later it came back, so I'm assuming it's just a massive air bubble somewhere.

Somehow took this long to come across this. Bought some fluid and hose to bleed it tonight.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: SVT_Power on July 03, 2017, 05:24:30 PM
Was out on the bike all day, noticed mid-ride I have air in my rear brakes. I don't really ever use it to actual slow down, but occasionally I'll just put my foot on it while stopped. I put my foot on it at one point and thought my pedal had become disconnected somehow, turned out just no pressure. Then a few minutes later it came back, so I'm assuming it's just a massive air bubble somewhere.

Somehow took this long to come across this. Bought some fluid and hose to bleed it tonight.

Speed bleeder will get it done in no time
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

SVT_Power

Well figured out why my rear brake went kaput earlier:

This came out on the first go:

Solidified brake fluid??????

Speed_Racer

Delicious! That could be the problem hah

Speed_Racer

Also, I did some investigating and not only was my SV keyed, so was the SX4 and at least four other tenants' vehicles. Including a mint mid-80s 4-Runner. At least the Kizashi escaped unscathed - it was parked up the street this weekend.

giant_mtb

Keying vehicles is such a weird crime to commit.  Probably some kid(s) with nothing else to do.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 03, 2017, 10:58:17 PM
Keying vehicles is such a weird crime to commit.  Probably some kid(s) with nothing else to do.
Yup!Assholes.......
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Raza

Quote from: Speed_Racer on July 03, 2017, 04:21:44 PM
Same, and I'm a peaceful guy. It's not about the bike, it's about willfully destroying someone else's property.

Vandalism irks you to your core. I've been there. It angers me so much.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

12,000 RPM

Holy crap, so much want.