Went to court for a ticket today

Started by El Barto, July 27, 2005, 09:26:41 AM

El Barto

I went to the city court for a 60 in a 40.  The judge asked me if I wanted to plead guilty or come back and try to get it reduced.  I'm going back in a couple of weeks.  I walked into the courtroom and thought oh crap I'm going to be here a while.  There were probably a dozen people already there, but only 2 people were called before me.  Both the idiots were in there for driving without plates on there car. :rolleyes:  
2016 Volkswagen GTI (Aug 2015 - Present)
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg (Aug 2011 - Aug 2015)
2003 Saab 9-3 2.0t (Oct 2007 - Aug 2011)
1990 Nissan Maxima SE (July 2003 - Oct 2007)

footoflead

60 in a 40....tisk tisk tisk....i dont even drive that fast...unless its an emergency... ;)  ;)  ;)  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Tom

So why do you have to come back?  By "reduced" does he mean yes fine no points?

giant_mtb

Sounds like it might be a tough one...60 in a 40...but good luck with it!  B)  

TurboDan

It shouldn't be too hard.  I got an 87 in a 65 reduced to no points last October.

El Barto

A block before I got pulled over it was a 45 zone, and 60 is what the traffic was doing there.  I forgot it went down to 40, I dont drive on that road much.  

dazzleman

QuoteIt shouldn't be too hard.  I got an 87 in a 65 reduced to no points last October.
60 in a 40 is worse because is a larger percentage above the speed limit.

Anyway, ElBarto, good luck.  What state do you live in?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

El Barto

QuoteIt shouldn't be too hard.  I got an 87 in a 65 reduced to no points last October.

New York

Colonel Cadillac

Good thing I haven't yet gotten caught doing 90+ in a 45 on the Merit Parkway. The 45 MPH speed limits are so ridiculous, it's a highway for crying out loud. Same with I95 where I live, the speed limit drops to 40.  

dazzleman

QuoteGood thing I haven't yet gotten caught doing 90+ in a 45 on the Merit Parkway. The 45 MPH speed limits are so ridiculous, it's a highway for crying out loud. Same with I95 where I live, the speed limit drops to 40.
Dude, you live in Connecticut?  I do too.  Where do you live?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

QuoteIt shouldn't be too hard.? I got an 87 in a 65 reduced to no points last October.

New York
I got a few tickets in New York.... :lol:  I used to live there.

TurboDan

I get a chill down my spine even reading the phrase "I-95 in Connecticut."  :lol:  :wacko:  

dazzleman

QuoteI get a chill down my spine even reading the phrase "I-95 in Connecticut."  :lol:  :wacko:
Yes, that road sucks.  Do you get a chill because of the traffic conditions, or the state of speeding enforcement?  If it's the latter, there's not much to be afraid of.  I've been blasting up and down that road for years (I've lived here 10 years) with nary a ticket yet (knock on wood, don't want to jinx myself).  But the road absolutely sucks at rush hour, and the construction is endless.  The part around Bridgeport is particularly bad.

Colonel Cadillac

I live in lower Fairfield County

Colonel Cadillac

dazzleman

QuoteWhere in CT do you live?
Fairfield, so I must be near you.  What town are you in, man?

Colonel Cadillac

Darien, you're a good 15 minutes from me or so.  

dazzleman

QuoteDarien, you're a good 15 minutes from me or so.
Cool.  I didn't realize you lived so close.  I had no idea where you were from before.

Are you the guy who goes to boarding school?

Colonel Cadillac

Indeed I am, I go to boarding school about 15 minutes above Hartford.  

dazzleman

QuoteIndeed I am, I go to boarding school about 15 minutes above Hartford.
I remember you saying once that you had to serve a Saturday night detention.  That must have sucked.  I used to have to do Saturday mornings a few times, and after school a bunch of times, but Saturday evening must have been brutal.

Darien's a great town.  A buddy of mine used to live there and now he's in New Canaan.  Fairfield's great too; I like the whole area.  What part of Darien do you live in?

Colonel Cadillac

Yea, its a nice town. Fairfield is a nice place too, a friend of mine's sister is going to Sacred Heart University which is in Fairfield. I live pretty close to the boarder of Darien and New Canaan and about 3 minutes from the Merit Parkway. I used to go to New Canaan Country School which played Fairfield Country Day School in sports often, we were killed pretty much everytime by them. Where in Fairfield do you live?

Colonel Cadillac

The detention wasn't that bad actually, I just listened to music and got a lot of work on my history term paper done which was helpful. The teacher on duty at detention brought a few beers with him and didn't really care much what we did. He was pretty chill.  

Raza

I've been threatened with Saturday Mornings more than once, but I've always talked my way out of them.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Colonel Cadillac

QuoteI've been threatened with Saturday Mornings more than once, but I've always talked my way out of them.
I tried, they're a little more strict at my school.  

dazzleman

QuoteYea, its a nice town. Fairfield is a nice place too, a friend of mine's sister is going to Sacred Heart University which is in Fairfield. I live pretty close to the boarder of Darien and New Canaan and about 3 minutes from the Merit Parkway. I used to go to New Canaan Country School which played Fairfield Country Day School in sports often, we were killed pretty much everytime by them. Where in Fairfield do you live?
I live right near the Brooklawn Country Club and near Fairfield Warde High School.  I'm about 2 miles from Sacred Heart University.  I know where Fairfield Country Day School is; it's on the other side of town from me.

dazzleman

QuoteThe detention wasn't that bad actually, I just listened to music and got a lot of work on my history term paper done which was helpful. The teacher on duty at detention brought a few beers with him and didn't really care much what we did. He was pretty chill.
That sounds pretty cool.  It sure beats the Saturday morning work details I got a few times.  After school, they made us sit and do nothing, but I used to smuggle a magazine in sometimes if there were enough people there, and I could get a seat toward the back.  It made the time pass more quickly.  Listening to music is great; they never let us listen to music in detention at my school.

Did the teacher share any of his beers with you? :lol:  

Colonel Cadillac

QuoteThe detention wasn't that bad actually, I just listened to music and got a lot of work on my history term paper done which was helpful. The teacher on duty at detention brought a few beers with him and didn't really care much what we did. He was pretty chill.
That sounds pretty cool.  It sure beats the Saturday morning work details I got a few times.  After school, they made us sit and do nothing, but I used to smuggle a magazine in sometimes if there were enough people there, and I could get a seat toward the back.  It made the time pass more quickly.  Listening to music is great; they never let us listen to music in detention at my school.

Did the teacher share any of his beers with you? :lol:
If only... :D

Colonel Cadillac

QuoteYea, its a nice town. Fairfield is a nice place too, a friend of mine's sister is going to Sacred Heart University which is in Fairfield. I live pretty close to the boarder of Darien and New Canaan and about 3 minutes from the Merit Parkway. I used to go to New Canaan Country School which played Fairfield Country Day School in sports often, we were killed pretty much everytime by them. Where in Fairfield do you live?
I live right near the Brooklawn Country Club and near Fairfield Warde High School.  I'm about 2 miles from Sacred Heart University.  I know where Fairfield Country Day School is; it's on the other side of town from me.
I wouldn't be surprised if I swam against the Brooklawn Country Club when I was a kid for Weeburn Country Club.

dazzleman

QuoteI've been threatened with Saturday Mornings more than once, but I've always talked my way out of them.
What have you been doing to get threatened?  I bet you richly deserve a Saturday detention... :lol:  

dazzleman

I wouldn't be surprised if I swam against the Brooklawn Country Club when I was a kid for Weeburn Country Club.
All those clubs are in the same "circuit" I imagine.  Some of my neighbors belong to Brooklawn but I have not joined yet.  I haven't lived in this neighborhood for too long.  Still, it's great to live right on the golf course and get the views of it, whether I belong or not.