Top 10 cars you should never take on a first date

Started by Vinsanity, November 26, 2008, 03:49:28 PM

Vinsanity

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/26/top-10-cars-you-should-never-drive-on-a-first-date/

Personally, I think about half of this list is bunk. Although I wouldn't use a Ferrari for a first date because it looks like I'm trying too hard, I don't see what's wrong with something like a Scion XB or a Taurus. The creator of this list probably forgot that most girls don't care what car you drive as long as it's not a molester van or the engine's not about to asplode.

Oh, and th F-350 dually also looks like you're trying too hard. Or that you dilusionally fancy yourself a cowboy.

Laconian

Another stupid clickwhore site.

I've saved you guys the pain.
HHR SS Panel Van
Scion xB
Lotus Elise
Mercury Grand Marquis
Ford Taurus
Infiniti QX56
Ford F350 Super Dually
Chevrolet Uplander
Toyota Yaris 3-door
Ferrari 599 GTB
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

the Teuton

I don't think my car is a date car at the moment.  It's pretty much just a me car at the moment.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

CJ

Onslaught

I can tell you that a car won't make a difference at all. One of my cars was purple and it didn't keep me from getting some. Hell, I got some in that car.

Tave

Quote from: Onslaught on November 26, 2008, 06:50:42 PM
I can tell you that a car won't make a difference at all.

I bet it wouldn't take long to break my current dry-streak with that Ferrari. :devil:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Onslaught

Quote from: Tave on November 26, 2008, 06:54:20 PM
I bet it wouldn't take long to break my current dry-streak with that Ferrari. :devil:
It wouldn't hurt at all. There are girls out in the world that having something like that would help you in getting some from them. But you can get into most of their pants regardless of the car you drive. I'd have never got any if this wasn't true.

That said if I had a Ferrari I wouldn't give a fuck what she thought of it. My ass would take it out on every date.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Onslaught on November 26, 2008, 06:58:51 PM

That said if I had a Ferrari I wouldn't give a fuck what she thought of it. My ass would take it out on every date.
:ohyeah: Damn skippy!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Raza

I get why you wouldn't take an Elise, but a 599 seems fine.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Onslaught

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=16612.msg933212#msg933212 date=1227754323
I get why you wouldn't take an Elise, but a 599 seems fine.
If the girl didn't like the Elise then I know it wouldn't last. I'd still try and get some.

ifcar

I would imagine that any car that's clean, runs well, and otherwise doesn't make anything complicated (like the entry/exit from an Elise), all's well. Most people just don't notice cars, and they're presumably talking to you and not concentrating on the car unless something about the car jumps out.

FoMoJo

The one they got wrong is the F-350 Super Dually.  Any hot-blooded woman drawn to manly characteristics would cream themselves just riding in one of them.

As for the 599 GTB, I think they got it right.  What woman could match the beauty of that car? unless you managed to snag Olga Kurylenko.  Every woman on the planet would realize that you were making love to the car, not her.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

SVT666

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 27, 2008, 10:39:29 AM
The one they got wrong is the F-350 Super Dually.  Any hot-blooded woman drawn to manly characteristics would cream themselves just riding in one of them.

As for the 599 GTB, I think they got it right.  What woman could match the beauty of that car? unless you managed to snag Olga Kurylenko.  Every woman on the planet would realize that you were making love to the car, not her.
Pretty good, but Marissa Miller is more my cup of tea.

FoMoJo

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 27, 2008, 12:02:30 PM
Pretty good, but Marissa Miller is more my cup of tea.
I see what you mean, but I'm a sucker for Slavic eyes.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Raza

Quote from: Onslaught on November 26, 2008, 09:59:41 PM
If the girl didn't like the Elise then I know it wouldn't last. I'd still try and get some.

It's uncomfortable and you don't exactly look dignified getting in and out.  I can see why you wouldn't want to open with it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

the Teuton

My take on the Elise:  make sure your date is wearing underwear.  Then it's all good. :ohyeah:
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=16612.msg933480#msg933480 date=1227815029
I love Marisa Miller.  :wub:
She is far and away the hottest Victoria Secret model.

Where's the swimsuit (since this is from the SI: Swimsuit Issue)?  Not that I care really, just wondering.

Her new Harley ad:

Raza

Yeah, I wanted her since the first time I saw her in SI a few years ago.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

dazzleman

Quote from: ifcar on November 27, 2008, 06:17:51 AM
I would imagine that any car that's clean, runs well, and otherwise doesn't make anything complicated (like the entry/exit from an Elise), all's well. Most people just don't notice cars, and they're presumably talking to you and not concentrating on the car unless something about the car jumps out.

I have to respectfully disagree.

I think that in a first-date situation, when people are sizing you up, they are going to look at your car as a clue to your place in the world.

How important that information is, and whether it outweighs other personal characteristics, tells you the level of superficiality of the person you are dating.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=16612.msg933512#msg933512 date=1227823428
Yeah, I wanted her since the first time I saw her in SI a few years ago.

She's smoking.  There's smoke coming out of my computer screen.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: Onslaught on November 27, 2008, 06:53:37 PM
Needs an iPod touch there.

:lol:
So is that your nickname for junior?  An 'ipod touch?'  That's a new one.  :lol:

ifcar

Quote from: dazzleman on November 27, 2008, 06:21:21 PM
I have to respectfully disagree.

I think that in a first-date situation, when people are sizing you up, they are going to look at your car as a clue to your place in the world.

How important that information is, and whether it outweighs other personal characteristics, tells you the level of superficiality of the person you are dating.

Oh, I'd agree that your car is noticed. What I mean is that someone who's not a car person isn't necessarily looking so much at the brand and type of vehicle you're driving as long as nothing stands out negatively about it, like that it's dirty inside or out or in bad shape or too small.

ChrisV

The car you show up in is just like the clothes you show up in. Your hair may be clean, but there will be a different message if it's long and hanging all about or short and styled. Showing up in a clean Pinto will send a different message even to non-car people than showing up in, say, a clean Jaguar XJ.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

rohan

top 5
Chevy Chevette
Ford Festiva
Any Geo car
Nissan Sentra
Ford F350
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

sandertheshark

I am confused by the lack of logic in this article and thread.

Raza

Quote from: Onslaught on November 27, 2008, 06:53:37 PM
Needs an iPod touch there.

When they took that picture the iPod Touch didn't exist. 

I've been following her career for some time now.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Vinsanity

Quote from: rohan on November 28, 2008, 01:27:11 PM
top 5
Chevy Chevette
Ford Festiva
Any Geo car
Nissan Sentra
Ford F350

what's wrong with a Sentra? :huh:

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)