Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

Started by Shane, August 02, 2005, 05:01:45 PM

Shane

BMWDave

The front looks a LOT better.  Not bad at all.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

Much better, but it would be even better if the headlights were lower.  

ifcar

They forgot to change the headlights to match the new grille and bumper. So I prefer the old one.

BMWDave

QuoteThey forgot to change the headlights to match the new grille and bumper. So I prefer the old one.
I dont understand what you mean by that.

2007 Honda S2000

GMPenguin

QuoteThey forgot to change the headlights to match the new grille and bumper. So I prefer the old one.
Yes, change the d*** headlights.

ifcar

The headlights are in the appropriate position and of the appropriate shape to fit/flow with the previous design. But unchanged, they don't work here.

Shane

The headlights on the Malibu almost look like one's eyes with the eyelids pulled back.  But with that said I think this looks better than the Chevy silver bar version.

BMWDave

The headlights are in the appropriate position and of the appropriate shape to fit/flow with the previous design. But unchanged, they don't work here.
I disagree.  They flow very nicely, IMO.  But styling is stlyling.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Look at the point where the headlight is closest to the grille. That's not flowing. Look at the high headlight and the giant bumper. That doesn't flow either.

The headlight is shaped the way it is because it fit the previous grilled design, and the way the front was set up before didn't necessitate such a massive bumper.  

Tom

That looks a lot better.   I would lose the spoiler though.  

TBR

Did you do "d***" or did Dan activate the filter?

Tom

Did you do "d***" or did Dan activate the filter?
Let me conduct a test:

edit: nope, no filter.  Didn't thing Dan would do that :praise:  

TBR

Neither did I, but that is an odd word for a poster to chose to blank out like that.

Colonel Cadillac

I think I might prefer the old one.

Also, that is a mighty fine house, why is the cleaning lady parking her car right in the middle ;)  

TBR

That is more likely supposed to be a outdoor park in France or something. Whatever it is supposed to be the Malibu is extremely out of place ;)

Shane

QuoteI think I might prefer the old one.

Also, that is a mighty fine house, why is the cleaning lady parking her car right in the middle ;)
Thats funny lol.  Not your typical Malibu customers.

ifcar

QuoteThat is more likely supposed to be a outdoor park in France or something. Whatever it is supposed to be the Malibu is extremely out of place ;)
Most outdoor parks don't have garage doors. ;)

TBR

Are you sure that is a garage door, it looks like part of the wall to me.

ifcar

Looks like a garage door to me. But you can never be too sure I suppose.

mazda6er

I think we're getting off topic... Anyway, I do agree with ifcar to a certain extent, because they just shrunk the headlights of the current car and slapped them on with this new design. But still, I prefer the new look.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Secret Chimp

It doesn't look like an angry cat anymore, but I still hate hate hate those terrible headlights.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

ifcar

QuoteI think we're getting off topic... Anyway, I do agree with ifcar to a certain extent, because they just shrunk the headlights of the current car and slapped them on with this new design. But still, I prefer the new look.
They didn't shrink them, they just look smaller next to that bumper.

mazda6er

QuoteI think we're getting off topic... Anyway, I do agree with ifcar to a certain extent, because they just shrunk the headlights of the current car and slapped them on with this new design. But still, I prefer the new look.
They didn't shrink them, they just look smaller next to that bumper.

They look smaller to me, larger bumper or not.  Actually, maybe you're right, they are about the same size.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

ifcar

They just didn't change the light at all. They'd rather save a few bucks there than redesign the headlight to fit the new design. They did the same with the 05 Ion.

Shane

QuoteThey just didn't change the light at all. They'd rather save a few bucks there than redesign the headlight to fit the new design. They did the same with the 05 Ion.
Wasn't the updated design of the '05 Ion the worst patch job ever?.....they inserted a little chrome piece to fill the hole left beside the headlight.  I just don't get this penny pinching attitude.  Years ago, they used to do complete new bodies annually.  Now they can't even change a headlight.

ifcar

They didn't even bother to do that much here.

bobwill

I didn't notice any significant differences until somebody posted a current malibu pic.  It doesn't really do anything for me.  I guess it's a little better than the current one, but just slightly.  I was hoping for something a bit more G6-like.
I wonder if the Maxx is getting the same treatment.
If it was pointed out specifically in the thread, I obviously didn't read it all the way through, but will find out shortly. :D

ifcar

The Maxx gets the same facelift, I believe both were unveiled at NAIAS.

93JC

QuoteWasn't the updated design of the '05 Ion the worst patch job ever?.....they inserted a little chrome piece to fill the hole left beside the headlight.
I love the little chrome triangle.

Looks like the dot in the corner of an eye that leads to the tear duct.