Do you shave...

Started by Payman, January 13, 2009, 01:24:09 PM

Payman

...places other than your face? I don't. I mean, I did, but the chaffing sucked. I do trim regularly, and I'm thinking about getting one of those newfangled back razors. It's the one area I'm self-conscious about. I look like a 'rangatang at the beach.  :mask:

J86

the Teuton

I'm not sure this is appropriate conversation. :mask:
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Payman

Quote from: the Teuton on January 13, 2009, 01:26:15 PM
I'm not sure this is appropriate conversation. :mask:

We did it before. And it became a C&D classic!

the Teuton

Quote from: Payman on January 13, 2009, 01:28:21 PM
We did it before. And it became a C&D classic!

I'll probably go more in-depth as the conversation allows, but I'm not a hairy person, but the darker-skinned people in the family are (of which I am one).  That being said, I have one thick patch about 4 inches wide on my back -- nowhere else back there in particular -- that looks pretty wicked.

I just shaved it off the other night.  When I wear a backpack, it does itch.  So I was justified.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Tave

I trim downstairs every once in awhile, just in case I get some random ass--no one should be subjected to that forest in all its glory.

Anything else--not really, although I do rip out hairs I see marching up my arms and shoulders. So far I'm pretty smooth out back, but if my dad is any indication, that won't last forever. :mask:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Rich

When I get back to the US I plan on getting electrolysis done on my back and some on my chest.  I want to head to some beaches without being self conscious, and I want to look good for my girl. 

I trim downstairs
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

SVT666

Nope.  Though my wife does yank out the odd stray hair in my eyebrows.

SVT666

Quote from: HotRodPilot on January 13, 2009, 02:14:16 PM
When I get back to the US I plan on getting electrolysis done on my back and some on my chest.  I want to head to some beaches without being self conscious, and I want to look good for my girl. 

I trim downstairs
Real men have hairy chests...and stomachs...and backs. :mask:

Onslaught

........... I try to keep the forest down in some areas.

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

NomisR

I tried once, but once growth comes back, it's really uncomfortable.. so I stopped.

MrH

High and tight baby.  For the ladies.

But I shave the chest every few weeks too.  I'm not a hairy guy what so ever, but I have a tiny batch of blonde chest hair, and it just looks ridiculous there by itself.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Rupert

Haha, bunch of pansies...
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

redbloodedamerican

I have the misfortune of being hairy and having a really skinny body, it looks ridiculous. I try to keep my chest shaved and my armpits trimmed. If I were taller/bigger I probably wouldn't bother.

Lebowski

I trim most of my body hair.  I'm pretty hairy, and for some reason I just don't like body hair.  I also think it's cleaner.

S204STi

I keep a certain area trimmed for cleanliness and comfort, but I can't shave it... too much irritation.

When I raced XC bikes I shaved my legs.

S204STi

dazzleman

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Laconian

I try to keep my chest trimmed.

Remember, don't shave your ass hair... (http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/35274458.html)
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Rupert

I knew that link was coming!
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Laconian

Quote from: Psilos on January 13, 2009, 09:53:13 PM
I knew that link was coming!
:lol: It's a rite of passage for the new generation!

Rupert

I did not get that memo...

:lol:

Byteme

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 13, 2009, 02:15:36 PM
Real men have hairy chests...and stomachs...and backs. :mask:

A quote from You Only Live Twice:  "Bird seldom make nest in bare tree".

S204STi

Quote from: Laconian on January 13, 2009, 09:52:04 PM
I try to keep my chest trimmed.

Remember, don't shave your ass hair... (http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/35274458.html)

lol that was a great read.

93JC

Tried once. Never again. Only trim.

Laconian

Quote from: 93JC on January 14, 2009, 10:25:16 AM
Tried once. Never again. Only trim.
That whole "grows back thicker" thing is a myth, if that's how you got burned.

Tave

Stubble down there doesn't feel good.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

J86

so why make it stubble in the first place?!

Payman

Tried shaving cream down there once. One thing that should never, ever touch your scrotum, is shaving cream.  :confused: