Do you shave...

Started by Payman, January 13, 2009, 01:24:09 PM

NomisR

Man, combining this thread with the how tall are you thread, you would this this forum is running around with a bunch of Big Foot (Feet).. all tall hairy beasts.. damn.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: NomisR on January 15, 2009, 03:41:28 PM
Man, combining this thread with the how tall are you thread, you would this this forum is running around with a bunch of Big Foot (Feet).. all tall hairy beasts.. damn.

I'm short and hairless.  :huh:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

And who all tend to watch girly television. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

r0tor

i'm tall and fairly hairless
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Onslaught

That would be me. But I keep the hair down.

the Teuton

Quote from: Tave on January 15, 2009, 12:01:24 PM
Meh. Lots of us had shitty roomates. I don't think many of us resorted to physical violence.

You're lucky he didn't punch you in the face. And if he was smaller than you, you're lucky he hit you with a baseball bat in your sleep.

I did this on the day I moved out of the dorm January 12 of last year.  He wouldn't have had a chance.

Quote from: Payman on January 15, 2009, 12:27:40 PM
I remember the story. This guy was a complete douchebag. Hair grows back, and maybe it smartened him up a bit.

You're right.  I haven't spoken with him since.  I only speak with one of my former roommates from last year, the cool one.

Quote from: Tave on January 15, 2009, 12:52:55 PM
Read the back of a Nair bottle. You're not supposed to rub that stuff into your skin or put it in places it wasn't meant for without risking injury. The guy could have ended up with chemical burns all over his scalp.

I believe Teuton when he says he was a douchebag, but so what? There are a lot of douchebags in this world, and you can't change that. You can control your own behavior.

I'm not saying it was right.  I am saying he deserved it.

-------------------

I occasionally shave my tows and assorted areas.  Interestingly, I have the same kinds of pesky hairs right around my nipples, so they go, too.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

MrH

I agree with Tave.   Nair in the shampoo is just immature.  If someone did that to me, and I found out, I'd punch their face in for sure.

And yes, I shave my feet along with my chest.  I do it mostly for a purpose though.  When I tape up me feet or ankles, if a hair pokes out from around the pre-wrap, and the tape gets a hold of it, it's one of the most painful things ever to rip it out.  So I just shave them.  Then if I run out of pre-wrap, I can still tape them up just fine.

And I also buzz the arm pit hair.  If that shit gets long, I go through deodorant so fast, and still sweat more.  I don't think the deodorant gets to the skin if the hair is too long.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

J86

Quote from: MrH on January 15, 2009, 05:44:07 PM
I agree with Tave.   Nair in the shampoo is just immature.  If someone did that to me, and I found out, I'd punch their face in for sure.

Does anyone else find this incongruous?

the Teuton

*Raises hand and waves it quickly*
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: J86 on January 15, 2009, 05:45:35 PM
Does anyone else find this incongruous?

No. It takes something like balls to stand in front of someone and punch them. It takes no courage whatsoever to booby trap their shampoo.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

J86

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 15, 2009, 05:51:49 PM
No. It takes something like balls to stand in front of someone and punch them. It takes no courage whatsoever to booby trap their shampoo.

In regards to the maturity thing...I've had some dumb drunk oaf threaten me at the bar before, and I always just go OK go ahead and hit me.  I'm not gonna hit you back, but you're gonna get tossed the fuck out and maybe worse.  If someone does something obnoxious, the right way to settle isn't by beating them...

MrH

Also, there's a world of difference between starting something physical, and ending it.  I would never punch someone in the face for just being an ass.  But would if someone put chemicals in my shampoo that could harm me, I'd make sure they wouldn't think about trying to pull that kind of shit again.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Soup DeVille

Quote from: J86 on January 15, 2009, 05:54:05 PM
In regards to the maturity thing...I've had some dumb drunk oaf threaten me at the bar before, and I always just go OK go ahead and hit me.  I'm not gonna hit you back, but you're gonna get tossed the fuck out and maybe worse.  If someone does something obnoxious, the right way to settle isn't by beating them...

Its more right than nairing their shampoo.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

the Teuton

I wasn't going to start anything of a violent nature.  It's not my style.

Immature, yes.  Necessary, yes. 

I don't disagree with anything about it being immature.  It was.  I was thinking violating his bed space, too, but I didn't.  For what I got, I'd say he got off pretty easy.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: the Teuton on January 15, 2009, 06:02:03 PM

Immature, yes.  Necessary, yes. 

I don't disagree with anything about it being immature.  It was.  I was thinking violating his bed space, too, but I didn't.  For what I got, I'd say he got off pretty easy.

It was not necessary.

Assholes will always be assholes. You can't "teach them a lesson" because if they cared, they wouldn't be assholes in the first place. The Nair in the shampoo thing probably just made him an even bigger asshole.

Tave

Quote from: the Teuton on January 15, 2009, 06:02:03 PM

Dumping harmful chemicals into the kid's shampoo isn't violent?
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

the Teuton

Quote from: Tave on January 15, 2009, 06:16:49 PM
Dumping harmful chemicals into the kid's shampoo isn't violent?

Would you rather I'd have defecated on his bed or something?

hotrodalex

hotrodalex

Quote from: MrH on January 15, 2009, 05:44:07 PM
I agree with Tave.   Nair in the shampoo is just immature.  If someone did that to me, and I found out, I'd punch their face in for sure.

And yes, I shave my feet along with my chest.  I do it mostly for a purpose though.  When I tape up me feet or ankles, if a hair pokes out from around the pre-wrap, and the tape gets a hold of it, it's one of the most painful things ever to rip it out.  So I just shave them.  Then if I run out of pre-wrap, I can still tape them up just fine.

And I also buzz the arm pit hair.  If that shit gets long, I go through deodorant so fast, and still sweat more.  I don't think the deodorant gets to the skin if the hair is too long.

I have to trim armpit hair. It gets uncomfortable when it's long. I don't mess with my feet anymore. I guess I've just gotten lazy.

Tave

Quote from: the Teuton on January 15, 2009, 06:24:08 PM
Would you rather I'd have defecated on his bed or something?

Wat

Look dude, I think you simply didn't realize what you were doing. How do you think Nair works? It doesn't just magically make the hair disappear. It physically breaks apart the hair folicles. If you leave it on for too long, or rub it in, it does the same thing to your skin. You can have a bad reaction to it even if you use it correctly. You're only supposed to apply it to your arms or legs or you risk hurting yourself. It says right on the bottle that you shouldn't combine it with soap.

For fuck's sake man, the kid could have gotten it in his eyes! Would you still be laughing about this from jail if you blinded him?
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

the Teuton

Yes, actually.

Come on, he's fine.  I've seen him a few times.  I haven't seen him without a hat on since, but I assume he has a full head of hair.

And yes, I read the instructions before I bought it.  I intentionally bought the strongest bottle I could find. 

I can't say I have any regrets about it except that I didn't put more in his shampoo.

It wasn't a mature move, but the game had long since move past a point of maturity on either of our ends.

Like I said, it's water under the bridge...

Tave

I must say, I'm very curious what he did to you.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

the Teuton

Quote from: Tave on January 15, 2009, 07:33:29 PM
I must say, I'm very curious what he did to you.

Nothing physically, but he took advantage of my good graces as a roommate.  I guess that's why I am such a dick about this roommate stuff now...

...A little of it had to do with his obnoxious girlfriend and their invasion of space, but most of it was just dickish moves that never let me get any sort of space in the room and managing to make me into a bad guy when I had been the one that had given up convenience to accommodate he and his woman.

Without writing a novel on it, I was treated like shit.

Tave

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=17194.msg970773#msg970773 date=1232073510
I saw that before the edit.

:lol:

I'm supposedly a grown up now.

the Teuton

I have never mentioned all of it, but it was a pretty bad experience, all things considered.  There's a lot to it that I didn't mention, as well.

Tave

Quote from: the Teuton on January 15, 2009, 07:38:51 PM
Nothing physically, but he took advantage of my good graces as a roommate.  I guess that's why I am such a dick about this roommate stuff now...

...A little of it had to do with his obnoxious girlfriend and their invasion of space, but most of it was just dickish moves that never let me get any sort of space in the room and managing to make me into a bad guy when I had been the one that had given up convenience to accommodate he and his woman.

Without writing a novel on it, I was treated like shit.

Oh boo-hoo. My roomate was a nightmare too. You know what I did?

I made friends and crashed on their couch. I simply removed myself from the situation.

Raza

Quote from: Tave on January 15, 2009, 07:39:33 PM
:lol:

I'm supposedly a grown up now.

Yeah, law school apps to fill out and all!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tave

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=17194.msg970787#msg970787 date=1232074097
Yeah, law school apps to fill out and all!

Err....actually, you have to tell them about that stuff: it's called a Character and Fitness report. And I had a lot of explaining to do besides that.  :lol:

Raza

Quote from: Tave on January 15, 2009, 07:51:24 PM

Err....actually, you have to tell them about that stuff: it's called a Character and Fitness report. And I had a lot of explaining to do besides that.  :lol:

Well, you're not getting any practice at being a liar that way now, are you?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i