Ford Earns Stream Of Accolades

Started by SVT666, January 15, 2009, 09:54:35 AM

SVT666

Detroit Auto Show: Ford Earns Stream Of Accolades

01-14-09: The North American International Auto Show is once again appropriately presented in The Motor City of Detroit, Michigan. We here at TheMustangNews have been honored to be a part of it. This city steeped in automotive history never disappoints the avid automobile enthusiast.

Weather with record high temperatures or 20 degrees with a snow falling at a mind boggling rate, Detroit still shimmers with excitement and the promise of exciting new tomorrows. Tomorrows filled with glossy paint, rich leathers, sensible ideas, raw horsepower, or the utmost in anything that makes you tick.

Detroit never runs out of ideas...never runs out of motivations...and never runs out of the stuff that dreams are made of for American Car Lover.

Ford Motor Company is one of the most pronounced examples of all of the above. After having what seems like an insurmountable stream of disappointments laid at their feet in recent years, after attending a mere 30 minute press conference, they manage to exude feelings of hope and encouragement from even the most skeptical of audience.

Maybe it's the way Alan Mulally speaks with such certainty and grace under pressure, exuding a confidence that lets you believe it will all be ok...somehow. Maybe it's the way Mark Fields makes the viewer feel as if they are part of something momentous. As if for some reason he is including you in on some amazing new secret that is going to save the universe...or at least the Automotive World as we know it. Maybe it's the way Carroll Shelby shows up with such grace at these events. Always the gentleman, always the racer, always the hero to so many. Much as Mr. Shelby is an icon beyond compare...so is Ford Motor Company and all it stands for.

Their versatility is obvious as the press conference moves forward. From the introduction of the new 2010 Ford Fiesta with it's electrifying green paint that says "HEY....PAY ATTENTION...I'M IMPORTANT" to the screaming tires of the 2010 Ford Shelby GT500 Duo...that don't need to say anything...to the beautifully executed 2010 Ford Taurus that is sure to be a real player in the large sedan marketplace.

The list of accolades bestowed on Ford are lengthy. Their revolutionary Sync technology received the Automotive Excellence Award by Popular Mechanics. The European Ford Mondeo was named Car of the Year by the Irish Motoring Writers Association, and the Russian Motoring Media. Ford has the most NHTSA 5-star awards in the USA, Automotive ?Best Buys? by Automobile Digest, The F-150 with Motor Trend Truck of the year, and although we can't list the over 200 awards Ford has received, we can congratulate them with them all...including their most recent...the 2009 North American Truck of the Year for the F-150.

Why does it matter what the Russian Motoring association thinks, you may ask? Why does it need to be included in this article that the Ford Focus was named best hatchback of 2008 by mobile motor Indonesia and Grand Prix group Bangkok, or Green Car of The Year by a group in the U.K? It is important, because Ford has earned these awards because they are a major presence in the global marketplace. They receive criticism on a daily basis from just about everywhere they turn. We think you should also be aware of all the praise that is bestowed on them as well....200 times and counting.

FoMoJo

Good article :ohyeah:.

It warms the heart of us old diehard motorsport fans who were proud to see the blue oval so prominently represented at every major racing circuit and series in the world and when they stood at the very pinnacle of motorsport.  Maybe they can work that magic again :praise:.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

TBR

I still don't care for the styling of the Taurus, but then I seem to be the exception. I am also doubtful about the GT500 and even if it is a really good car it won't be significant. The Fiesta, on the other hand, I am actually excited about.

SVT666

Quote from: TBR on January 15, 2009, 10:45:26 AM
I still don't care for the styling of the Taurus, but then I seem to be the exception. I am also doubtful about the GT500 and even if it is a really good car it won't be significant. The Fiesta, on the other hand, I am actually excited about.
What's wrong with the GT500?  I guaranty there will be a waiting list for all 10,000 of them.

GoCougs

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 15, 2009, 09:54:35 AM

Detroit never runs out of ideas...never runs out of motivations...and never runs out of the stuff that dreams are made of for American Car Lover.

Riiiiiiight.....

TBR

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 15, 2009, 11:06:15 AM
What's wrong with the GT500?  I guaranty there will be a waiting list for all 10,000 of them.

They aren't going to sell a significant enough number of them to make difference.

FoMoJo

Quote from: GoCougs on January 15, 2009, 11:06:39 AM
Riiiiiiight.....

...except for Mopar fans :( ;)
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

SVT666

Quote from: TBR on January 15, 2009, 11:52:41 AM
They aren't going to sell a significant enough number of them to make difference.
The GT500 is not a volume seller.  It's not intended to be a volume seller, so why mention it?  That's like saying, "I am doubtful of the Corvette." or "I am doubtful of the M3.".

TBR

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 15, 2009, 12:10:28 PM
The GT500 is not a volume seller.  It's not intended to be a volume seller, so why mention it?  That's like saying, "I am doubtful of the Corvette." or "I am doubtful of the M3.".

"Their versatility is obvious as the press conference moves forward. From the introduction of the new 2010 Ford Fiesta with it's electrifying green paint that says "HEY....PAY ATTENTION...I'M IMPORTANT" to the screaming tires of the 2010 Ford Shelby GT500 Duo...that don't need to say anything...to the beautifully executed 2010 Ford Taurus that is sure to be a real player in the large sedan marketplace."

FYI, the doubt is about whether or not it will be as good as it should be. I am certain it won't be significant.

Tave

Please reread that paragraph until you can connect the modifiying phrases to their appropriate subjects. "Real player in the marketplace" describes the Taurus, not the GT500.

The article claims that the Fiesta, GT500, and Taurus collectively showcase the versatility of the brand.

I think the writing is a little heavy-handed, but c'est la vie.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

TBR

I was merely  commenting on the vehicles mentioned and what they mean to the Ford brand, I wasn't trying to point some error or contradiction.

Tave

Then you're stating the obvious, as Hemi said.

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 15, 2009, 12:10:28 PM
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Raza

Quote from: TBR on January 15, 2009, 01:53:00 PM
I was merely  commenting on the vehicles mentioned and what they mean to the Ford brand, I wasn't trying to point some error or contradiction.

Do you disagree with the halo effect?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

Quote from: Tave on January 15, 2009, 01:56:41 PM
Then you're stating the obvious, as Hemi said.

If I am stating the obvious why are we arguing about it?

TBR

Raza

Quote from: TBR on January 15, 2009, 01:59:01 PM
In this situation at least.

You don't think the GT500 shifts more Mustangs?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

Quote from: TBR on January 15, 2009, 01:58:37 PM
If I am stating the obvious why are we arguing about it?

Are we arguing?

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Atomic

i wish the big three well! i may trade my 2nd maxima in for a new "american" car next time and enjoy driving my 2008 maxi, as well. i have always has two nissans at a time. the new ford taurus, chrysler 200c prototype and 2010 buick lacrosse all look great. perhaps not for me, except for the 200c, but what exciting prospects for the market. perhaps g. w. bush and the dems did good! (not to get political, though...) only time will tell.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Tave on January 15, 2009, 01:26:55 PM

I think the writing is a little heavy-handed, but c'est la vie.

Its an article from TheMustangNews.com

You'd do just as well to expect balanced journalism from "Solidarity," the UAW monthly rag.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

SVT666

Quote from: Atomic on January 15, 2009, 02:28:53 PM
i wish the big three well! i may trade my 2nd maxima in for a new "american" car next time and enjoy driving my 2008 maxi, as well. i have always has two nissans at a time. the new ford taurus, chrysler 200c prototype and 2010 buick lacrosse all look great. perhaps not for me, except for the 200c, but what exciting prospects for the market. perhaps g. w. bush and the dems did good! (not to get political, though...) only time will tell.
Did you just say that the 200C is for you?  Over the Taurus and LaCrosse?

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Atomic on January 15, 2009, 02:28:53 PM

"i have always has two nissans at a time. the new ford taurus, chrysler 200c prototype and 2010 buick lacrosse all look great. perhaps not for me, except for the 200c, but what exciting prospects for the market."

You really want us to believe you have a doctorate in anything?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

93JC

I took an online quiz on vw.com a while ago, and they gave me a Doctorate of Engineythings.

NomisR

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 15, 2009, 04:15:37 PM
"i have always has two nissans at a time. the new ford taurus, chrysler 200c prototype and 2010 buick lacrosse all look great. perhaps not for me, except for the 200c, but what exciting prospects for the market."

You really want us to believe you have a doctorate in anything?

Another coming out party soon?  :mask:

Nethead

The items mentioned in this article are important pieces in the survival puzzle--it don't take no EinsteinDude to predict that the companies with the best fuel-saving technologies have the greatest likelihood of still producing vehicles five years down the road.  That is NOT the companies with the most fuel-saving hype--no amount of technology can render a 5,000 pound SUV fuel efficient, and the typical customer knows that.

Anyhooooo, the article is from  The Chrome Pony  website:

"Ford Tipped for Tech Innovation

A new study by the world?s leading patent analyst, The Patent Board, found that Ford Motor Company outperformed all other automakers in the quality and significance of its technology patents.

"Ford's patented technologies are closer to the cutting edge than its competitors," says Christine Wren, director of business development for The Patent Board, which tracks and analyzes patents across 17 industries globally.

Technological innovation is a core value at Ford as the company drives for leadership in quality, safety, fuel efficiency and in-car connectivity. For example, the 2010 Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid, which is America's most fuel efficient mid-size sedan, have 119 patents, a record for Ford.

The Patent Board recently issued its Top 10 Innovators in Automotive & Transportation Patent Scorecard for the fourth quarter of 2008, which ranks Ford above all other automakers in Research Intensity and Industry Impact. Ford?s Research Intensity score, which is more than twice that of the industry average, indicates the extent to which its portfolio includes patents with strong scientific support.

Similarly, The Patent Board?s Industry Impact score measures the broader significance and impact of a company?s patent portfolio across the industry. This indicator analyzes how other patents build on Ford?s innovation by looking at patent-to-patent citations.

One of the patents, the EasyFuel Capless Fuel-Filler System is scheduled to be included on the 2010 Mustang. This industry-exclusive feature eliminates the need to touch dirty gas caps and helps to reduce evaporative emissions that create smog. When fueling is completed and the fuel pump nozzle is removed, the system automatically seals shut."
So many stairs...so little time...

FoMoJo

One of the patents, the EasyFuel Capless Fuel-Filler System is scheduled to be included on the 2010 Mustang. This industry-exclusive feature eliminates the need to touch dirty gas caps and helps to reduce evaporative emissions that create smog. When fueling is completed and the fuel pump nozzle is removed, the system automatically seals shut."

My wife's new Escape has this feature.

NomisR

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 29, 2009, 10:08:16 AM

My wife's new Escape has this feature.

At least that elminiations the possibility of a CEL from not closing the gas cap properly

giant_mtb

I've never really seen a dirty gas cap.  They're usually quite covered and secluded from the dirt of norm. :huh:

SVT666

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 29, 2009, 11:34:12 AM
I've never really seen a dirty gas cap.  They're usually quite covered and secluded from the dirt of norm. :huh:
To me it means my hand will never smell like gas again.

TBR

Won't the pump handle still have the scent of gas?