New 407 Coup? thinking big

Started by BMWDave, August 05, 2005, 05:28:25 AM

BMWDave

New 407 Coup? thinking big

Here it is... the 'big' story in the world of coup?s. Peugeot has unveiled its mighty new 407 contender. As well as being a giant among the breed, it also boasts a sleeker shape, revised suspension and a unique interior.

And when it goes on sale in the UK in December, priced from around ?20,000, the 407 Coup? will be the first Lion available with the new 205bhp 2.7-litre V6 diesel developed with Ford.

As you can see, the exterior follows on closely from the Prologue concept which was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in March. The nose is longer than the 407 saloon's, and it features slats ahead of the front wheels.

Other differences include redesigned sill mouldings, while an imposing, swooping rear end, with boot lip spoiler and twin exhaust pipes, completes the sporty look. The coup?'s cabin will also be very similar to the Prologue's, with only the chrome and carbon fibre detailing not expected to make the final production version.

A Peugeot spokesman said: "One criticism of the 406 Coup? was that its interior was the same as the saloon's. This time round we wanted to differentiate the models." He explained that as well as a new cabin layout, the car would also have its own unique high-spec trim levels. Set

to be unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show next month, the 407 Coup? will be available with three engines; a 160bhp 2.2-litre 16-valve petrol, 3.0 V6 with 211bhp and a 205bhp 2.7 V6 HDi available in the rest of the 407 range in 2006. The Coup? also features heavily revised suspension with new springs and dampers, plus a lowered ride height and wider track.

It is expected to achieve the same five-star Euro NCAP safety rating as the saloon, with ABS, ESP traction control and seven airbags all standard.
Mat Watson

What do you think?  The interior is beautiful.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Shane

BMWDave

I wish we got these cars...theyre really nice B)

2007 Honda S2000

Shane

QuoteI wish we got these cars...theyre really nice B)
I agree.  It's a beautiful coupe.  And to have another choice...something different from the masses.  

Raghavan

is this FWD or what? anyway, really nice design. :praise:  

GMPenguin

I don't like the humongous air dam, and the headlights could be a little different, but other than that I like them.

Raza

Safety laws are killing stylistic integrity.  Look at the high, bulbous front end...that's European safety laws in action.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteSafety laws are killing stylistic integrity.  Look at the high, bulbous front end...that's European safety laws in action.
Theres no disliking that interior though B) ...damn thats nice!

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteSafety laws are killing stylistic integrity.  Look at the high, bulbous front end...that's European safety laws in action.
Red is a bit garish though, no? I'd prefer a chocolate leather interior, or a nice black cloth/suede combo interior.

giant_mtb

Yeah I'm not a fan of red interiors either...

Shane

I am so glad color is coming back to interiors.   It's a welcome relief from beige and grey.

Raghavan

i still don't like the mile long overhangs. :blink:  :ph34r:  

giant_mtb

I only dislike overhangs when they are way out of proportion. (one is way longer than the other)

Raghavan

QuoteI only dislike overhangs when they are way out of proportion. (one is way longer than the other)
like the G6?

Shane

QuoteI only dislike overhangs when they are way out of proportion. (one is way longer than the other)
like the G6?
The Pontiac G6 has Wiener Dog Syndrome.

Raza

QuoteSafety laws are killing stylistic integrity.  Look at the high, bulbous front end...that's European safety laws in action.
Red is a bit garish though, no? I'd prefer a chocolate leather interior, or a nice black cloth/suede combo interior.
The second interior shot is nice. The first one is too red--it's too damn bright.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

European safety laws strike again!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TurboDan

Eh, I'll take Euro safety laws any day.  U.S. vehicle regulations prevent us from getting plenty of cool cars.

TurboDan

And yes, I'd definitely buy a 407 no matter what Bill O'Reilly says about the French!  ;)  

Tom

TBR

The first interior is too garish in color, but the second one is very nice looking (my father would love it, he is a graduate of Texas A&M). Most of the exterior is fine, but what were they thinking with the 6 inch tall badge and the overdone gills on each side of the lower fascia?

850CSi

I drove both a 405 and 406 when I was in Syria...

Peugeot's are by far the best-driving FWD cars.

93JC

QuoteBill O'Rielly is a tool.
Bill O'Reilly is a vaginal fluid excretion.

93JC

Oh, and, I don't like the 407 nearly as much as the 406.

850CSi

QuoteOh, and, I don't like the 407 nearly as much as the 406.
I also happen to like the 406 more.

93JC

406 Coup? was sex on wheels.

407 Coup? is a dash of Eclipse, a pinch of Sebring and a smidgeon of Grand Am.

BMWDave

QuoteOh, and, I don't like the 407 nearly as much as the 406.
I also happen to like the 406 more.
Welcome back!  :)  

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Bill O'Reilly is anal leakage.  He called judges and the ACLU terror allies.  What a douche.  A bigger douche than Clarkson.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

Bill O'Reilly is anal leakage.  He called judges and the ACLU terror allies.  What a douche.  A bigger douche than Clarkson.
The ACLU is one of the most bullshit organizations in the world.

2007 Honda S2000