2010 Lexus RX

Started by Submariner, March 01, 2009, 08:10:10 PM

Submariner

Oh dear...

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

2o6

Quote from: Submariner on March 01, 2009, 08:10:10 PM
Oh dear...

This car has been on sale for quite some time now.

Tave

:wtf:

It looks like Zoro stumbled into the cabin drunk and accidently carved his name on the dash.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Catman

Quote from: Tave on March 01, 2009, 08:16:13 PM

It looks like Zoro stumbled into the cabin drunk and accidently carved his name into the dash.

:lol:

CALL_911

There's one in the local Lexus showroom.

It makes the current one look like a work of art. :pee:

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

MrH

Quote from: Tave on March 01, 2009, 08:16:13 PM

It looks like Zoro stumbled into the cabin drunk and accidently carved his name on the dash.

:clap:

But yeah, what's with the fuzzy pictures?  Commercials for this thing have been out for weeks.

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Submariner

Haha...I just saw my first one today.  I completely forgot about the car.

My lord, that looks terrible. 

CJ

The old one looked decent and I'd venture even to say that it looked good.  This one..it's horrible.  The nav interface is AWFUL.

cawimmer430

I love it when Lexus fanboys talk about those "class leading interiors" that Lexus makes, especially in the RX.

All I can say to that cabin is ---->  :facepalm: (F A I L)

I have not seen this monstrosity yet. In fact I have not seen a Lexus in quite some time over here.  :thumbsup:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

CALL_911

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 02, 2009, 06:53:12 AM
I love it when Lexus fanboys talk about those "class leading interiors" that Lexus makes, especially in the RX.

I have not seen this monstrosity yet. In fact I have not seen a Lexus in quite some time over here.  :thumbsup:

But it's a natural evolution of the design of the previous-gen RX. It's got history behind it. You're just an ignorant fool. :rolleyes:

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Yawn

Yeah but its like all the horrible redesigns lately.. Just like the TL and your E class..

CALL_911

Quote from: Yawn on March 02, 2009, 07:31:58 AM
Yeah but its like all the horrible redesigns lately.. Just like the TL and your E class..

The TL is utterly repulsive. It makes this thing look good. The E-Class isn't quite as bad, but it's pretty fugly.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

TBR

Now you know how we all feel about you.

Submariner

Quote from: Yawn on March 02, 2009, 07:31:58 AM

I can understand you may not like the E-class interior, but dude please tell me with a straight face that it is anywhere near as bad as this monstrosity and i'll be impressed.

sportyaccordy

Dash looks like Tom Cruise in Vanilla Sky

ChrisV

How much of this is really a Venza?

Again, I'm such a cheap bastard that I can't help but look at these and think "damn, I could get a newer Range Rover for less money and have more car."
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

GoCougs

I'd actually give the styling edge, both (and especially) in and out, to the Venza.

IIRC, this is the only US-available Lexus that is still a down-scale Toyota (the Toyota Harrier, that is, in Japan).

At least the Land Cruiser and LX570 are essentially the same vehicle...

Submariner

Quote from: ChrisV on March 02, 2009, 10:17:13 AM
How much of this is really a Venza?

Again, I'm such a cheap bastard that I can't help but look at these and think "damn, I could get a newer slightly older Range Rover for less money and have more car a car that not only looks eons better, but one that's built to a far higher standard as well."

Fixed.

cawimmer430

Quote from: CALL_911 on March 02, 2009, 07:19:49 AM
But it's a natural evolution of the design of the previous-gen RX. It's got history behind it. You're just an ignorant fool. :rolleyes:

:huh:

Look at that large photo of the RX interior and tell me it isn't CHEAP looking? I actually thought the previous RX interior, while highly overrated, actually looked better from a material and build quality point of view. Granted, I've not seen the new RX in person yet and I hate to judge interiors from looking at photos, but in this photo you can clearly see that this RX cabin looks mega cheap.

And where do I talk about design in my post? I mentioned nothing about the design of this specific interior, which by the way looks tacky and "wannabe futuristic". Sorry, but there are only about two Lexus interiors which I really like from a design POV. This isn't one of them.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

TBR

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 02, 2009, 01:06:00 PM

Look at that large photo of the RX interior and tell me it isn't CHEAP looking? I actually thought the previous RX interior, while highly overrated, actually looked better from a material and build quality point of view. Granted, I've not seen the new RX in person yet and I hate to judge interiors from looking at photos, but in this photo you can clearly see that this RX cabin looks mega cheap.

And where do I talk about design in my post? I mentioned nothing about the design of this specific interior, which by the way looks tacky and "wannabe futuristic". Sorry, but there are only about two Lexus interiors which I really like from a design POV. This isn't one of them.

I don't think it is cheap looking at all, certainly not as bad as the C-class.

cawimmer430

Quote from: TBR on March 02, 2009, 01:14:30 PM
I don't think it is cheap looking at all, certainly not as bad as the C-class.

Oh! That silver strip of plastic in the RX makes all the difference, huh?  :facepalm:

I am being completely honest here and unbiased. The C-Class interior looks much better from a build quality and material POV. People always praise Lexus for "stunning and superbly built interiors", which I find a complete joke. Hell, the Fiat Bravo and Citroen C5 have interiors which blow many Lexus away. Lexus interiors are overrated and this new RX interior looks terrible. I am not talking about design by the way, although here it looks tacky too. The materials look like a step down from the previous RX and those large panel gaps sure put an end to that ridiculous claim about Lexus making interiors that would make even God wet himself. Please....  :rolleyes:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

2o6

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 02, 2009, 01:24:41 PM
Oh! That silver strip of plastic in the RX makes all the difference, huh?  :facepalm:

I am being completely honest here and unbiased. The C-Class interior looks much better from a build quality and material POV. People always praise Lexus for "stunning and superbly built interiors", which I find a complete joke. Hell, the Fiat Bravo and Citroen C5 have interiors which blow many Lexus away. Lexus interiors are overrated and this new RX interior looks terrible. I am not talking about design by the way, although here it looks tacky too. The materials look like a step down from the previous RX and those large panel gaps sure put an end to that ridiculous claim about Lexus making interiors that would make even God wet himself. Please....  :rolleyes:

You're confusing cheap and conservative. The Lexus's design is quite radical. It's nowhere near cheap, though.

GoCougs

I think the interior doesn't look luxury at all, specifically the steering wheel and shifter area and forward portion of the center console.

The Venza looks more upscale to me.

cawimmer430

Quote from: 2o6 on March 02, 2009, 01:29:05 PM
It's nowhere near cheap, though.

Lexus throws in a bunch of silver-colored plastics and everyone falls to their knees and wet themselves.

Other manufacturers use more traditional and conservative black-colored plastic and everyone screams cheap and pats Lexus on the back.

:facepalm:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

TBR

I think it's over the top, but it doesn't look cheap.

CALL_911

I'm not denying it's funny looking and weird.

However, the fact that you're lambasting this and praising the even cheaper looking c-class shows your fanboyism. You're no better than those people you quote in your sig.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

cawimmer430

Quote from: CALL_911 on March 02, 2009, 01:50:19 PM
I'm not denying it's funny looking and weird.

However, the fact that you're lambasting this and praising the even cheaper looking c-class shows your fanboyism. You're no better than those people you quote in your sig.

Your mental block prevents you from seeing past the "black plastic" in the C-Class. I have spent considerable time inside the C-Class cabin and I can tell you first hand that it is well-made and feels premium and upscale. Over on Germancarzone there are plenty of examples of new members who at first thought the cabin of the C-Class was cheap, but after spending time inside it, testdriving the car etc. they came to the conclusion that the interior is well-made, upscale and definitely premium looking.

The RX interior we are seeing here looks tacky from a design point of view but that's not the point. The plastics used and especially the panel gaps (which people always claim are evidence of how well interiors are made) look terrible. This interior would fit in nicely into a Toyota, not a Lexus. Oh wait, they're the same thing. My bad.  :facepalm:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

2o6

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 02, 2009, 01:54:23 PM
Your mental block prevents you from seeing past the "black plastic" in the C-Class. I have spent considerable time inside the C-Class cabin and I can tell you first hand that it is well-made and feels premium and upscale. Over on Germancarzone there are plenty of examples of new members who at first thought the cabin of the C-Class was cheap, but after spending time inside it, testdriving the car etc. they came to the conclusion that the interior is well-made, upscale and definitely premium looking.

The RX interior we are seeing here looks tacky from a design point of view but that's not the point. The plastics used and especially the panel gaps (which people always claim are evidence of how well interiors are made) look terrible. This interior would fit in nicely into a Toyota, not a Lexus. Oh wait, they're the same thing. My bad.  :facepalm:

Have YOU sat in, test drove and looked in? A lot of times, the company doesn't post the most flattering photos. You're blasting the RX, yet you haven't been inside one.

TBR

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 02, 2009, 01:54:23 PM

:banghead:

We're saying the C-class interior looks cheap. You're saying but it feels good and then criticizing the RX because it looks cheap.

cawimmer430

Quote from: 2o6 on March 02, 2009, 01:57:17 PM
Have YOU sat in, test drove and looked in? A lot of times, the company doesn't post the most flattering photos. You're blasting the RX, yet you haven't been inside one.

See my previous posts above. I've not seen or sat in this thing yet. I've mentioned that. But I doubt I would change my mind if I did. The pictures look convincing enough.

Look at this:

The section near the door looks POORLY PUT TOGETHER.

The center dashboard looks tacky. I don't have a problem with the black plastic at all, since it seems to look much more honest than that tacky silver-colored plastic.

Heck, I was reading on the Club Lexus forums what people think about the new RX and to my surprise, a lot of Lexus fans actually thought the interior was CHEAP too. Go check it out if you don't believe me.

www.wimmerfotografie.de