Official 2010 Camaro Review thread

Started by SVT666, March 20, 2009, 04:23:10 PM

Vinsanity

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on March 22, 2009, 11:50:53 AM
The interior is decent enough. I'd rather GM put the money into the powertrain than a spiffy interior. Buy a Caddy if your main concern is how the interior looks.  :rolleyes:

Well, they are almost the same price ... :mask:

Xer0

The interior is decent enough. I'd rather GM put the money into the powertrain than a spiffy interior. Buy a Caddy if your main concern is how the interior looks.  :rolleyes:

I agree.  This is a 31k car with 422 hp, thats good enough for me.

GoCougs

And I have yet to be convinced that the Mustang interior is any better, let alone the Challenger.

CJ

One of the reviews I read, I believe it was Jalopnik, mentioned that the interior was cheap.  They also mentioned that the steering wheel was uncomfortable to use and awkward to hold.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on March 22, 2009, 12:19:26 PM
And I have yet to be convinced that the Mustang interior is any better, let alone the Challenger.
I'm not talking about material quality, I'm talking about the design.

sandertheshark

Quote from: CJ on March 22, 2009, 12:22:05 PM
One of the reviews I read, I believe it was Jalopnik, mentioned that the interior was cheap.  They also mentioned that the steering wheel was uncomfortable to use and awkward to hold.

It's a thirty-thousand-dollar car with over four hundred horsepower.  The interior is not going to be decked out with alcantara and brushed aluminum.  Get over it.

Raza

Quote from: sandertheshark on March 22, 2009, 12:27:16 AM
Honestly, I don't get what people have against the interior of this car.

That looks awfully good to me - a very modern and original take on a retro layout.

It looks a bit retarded, but I can't comment on quality until I see one.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: sandertheshark on March 22, 2009, 01:14:02 PM
It's a thirty-thousand-dollar car with over four hundred horsepower.  The interior is not going to be decked out with alcantara and brushed aluminum.  Get over it.

This is very true, but it should be compared to its competitors that are of similar price and performance. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

Quote from: Raza  on March 22, 2009, 01:18:08 PM
This is very true, but it should be compared to its competitors that are of similar price and performance. 

I don't think anyone is arguing that the Mustang had a hand up in interior quality, but then the Camaro also seems to have a hand-up in performance, which most people would say is more important in this segment.

2o6

Quote from: the Teuton on March 22, 2009, 09:20:04 AM
GM wants you to be sitting in a bath tub.

Do you not know how to adjust the seat or something?

the Teuton

Quote from: 2o6 on March 22, 2009, 01:59:54 PM

Do you not know how to adjust the seat or something?

You think this car is a BMW?  The seat didn't go up and down.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

CJ

Some cars don't have a height adjustable seat.

2o6

Quote from: CJ on March 22, 2009, 02:01:23 PM
Some cars don't have a height adjustable seat.

What? You can find it in a Kia Rio, but not in a Camaro!?

Raza

Quote from: the Teuton on March 22, 2009, 02:01:23 PM
You think this car is a BMW?  The seat didn't go up and down.

Are you sure?  The last generation Camaro had height adjustable seats.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

the Teuton

Quote from: Raza  on March 22, 2009, 02:48:18 PM
Are you sure?  The last generation Camaro had height adjustable seats.

The car I sat in was a base or LS V6 model, and I couldn't find a height adjuster to save my life in the passenger seat.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raza

Quote from: the Teuton on March 22, 2009, 02:53:42 PM
The car I sat in was a base or LS V6 model, and I couldn't find a height adjuster to save my life in the passenger seat.

Oh, it may not have it for the passenger seat.

But I must ask you this.  How often do you sit in the passenger seat of your own car? 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

the Teuton

Quote from: Raza  on March 22, 2009, 03:03:19 PM
Oh, it may not have it for the passenger seat.

But I must ask you this.  How often do you sit in the passenger seat of your own car? 

Almost never.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Only the drivers seat in my Camaro has adjustment for height.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Raza

Quote from: the Teuton on March 22, 2009, 03:09:10 PM
Almost never.

And do you really care about the comfort of your passengers?

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on March 22, 2009, 03:16:38 PM
Only the drivers seat in my Camaro has adjustment for height.

Is your Camaro stick?  I was checking out an SS the other day (I didn't get to drive it), and dry shifting it felt pretty smooth and easy.  Much better than the 'box on like year Mustangs, actually.  Am I right in that assessment?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Gotta-Qik-C7

Yes mine is a 6 speed. I haven't driven a manual 'Stang since the '94 model so I really don't remember how well it shifted. IIRC the SS had a Hurst shifter.

Raza

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on March 22, 2009, 03:45:26 PM
Yes mine is a 6 speed. I haven't driven a manual 'Stang since the '94 model so I really don't remember how well it shifted. IIRC the SS had a Hurst shifter.

Ah. 

What I really wanted to look at was a Trans Am convertible, but they only had on SS coupe (6MT) and one SS t-tops (automatic). 

But when I fired that engine up, boy did it sound nice.  Such a dramatic spark to life...I didn't get to drive it, but I might already be in love with it. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Gotta-Qik-C7

The sound and the instant throttle responce in my Z28 are addictive. The trottle responce in my T-Bird is horrid! Thats the one thing I hate about that car.

280Z Turbo

This is 2009. Excuses like that aren't good enough any more.

Raza

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on March 22, 2009, 03:56:36 PM
The sound and the instant throttle responce in my Z28 are addictive. The trottle responce in my T-Bird is horrid! Thats the one thing I hate about that car.

That's the one thing you hate about the Thunderbird?   :lol: (Sorry!  I just don't see the appeal, honestly)

I remember driving a same year Corvette and being unimpressed by the exhaust note on that car.  What's so different about the less powerful Camaro's exhaust?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Raza  on March 22, 2009, 04:07:59 PM
That's the one thing you hate about the Thunderbird?   :lol: (Sorry!  I just don't see the appeal, honestly)

I remember driving a same year Corvette and being unimpressed by the exhaust note on that car.  What's so different about the less powerful Camaro's exhaust?
:lol: There is no way I would have walked into a Ford dealership and spent my hard earned money on that Thunderbird. No way,no how!! My mom leased the car in '04.By '06 she wanted a H3. So I took over the lease on the T-Bird. I told her to buy a Vette when she went to buy the T-Bird but she claimed the "Vettes are too manly for her"  :facepalm:

As far as the exhaust note on the Z28 goes mine is not stock so thats the differance.(I have a Flowmaster cat back system) But thats was my biggest disappointment when I traded my '94 LT1 Z28 in. The '99 was too quiet. My LT1 Z28 had a stock exhaust that sounded 10 times better than my LS1. 

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on March 22, 2009, 04:06:48 PM
This is 2009. Excuses like that aren't good enough any more.
Have you seen the interior of the car in your sig?  :nono: Or how about the one in the $90,000 Viper.  :rolleyes:

FlatBlackCaddy

Yes it's a 400+ hp car for 31K, great if that's what's the most important.

I'm sure someone could come up with a 500HP car for 25K, would you still want it when you find out that it tips the scales at 5500lbs and isn't any faster than a car with 400hp or even 350hp?

I'd rather have a car with less HP and less weight, speed is easy to obtain(even through factory performance packages). Once a car is heavy it's much harder to fix that. It's one of the main reason the miata is what it is. Mazda decided to put the money into other things and offer a light weight roadster with a unmatched drivers experience, they could have dumped 300HP motor in it and made it a 3700lb 2 seat convertable. It would have been fast, it would have been cheap, it would have lasted 3-4 model years before sales dried up and it got canned.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on March 22, 2009, 04:40:22 PM
Yes it's a 400+ hp car for 31K, great if that's what's the most important.

I'm sure someone could come up with a 500HP car for 25K, would you still want it when you find out that it tips the scales at 5500lbs and isn't any faster than a car with 400hp or even 350hp?

I'd rather have a car with less HP and less weight, speed is easy to obtain(even through factory performance packages). Once a car is heavy it's much harder to fix that. It's one of the main reason the miata is what it is. Mazda decided to put the money into other things and offer a light weight roadster with a unmatched drivers experience, they could have dumped 300HP motor in it and made it a 3700lb 2 seat convertable. It would have been fast, it would have been cheap, it would have lasted 3-4 model years before sales dried up and it got canned.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Onslaught

Both the Mustang and the Camaro have ugly interiors. But the Camaro's is even uglier.

Catman

My biggest gripe is the gauges, that's where the crumbs go. :mask: