Explorer! Or, An SUV that I can sleep in.

Started by Rupert, August 25, 2009, 08:58:59 PM

Eye of the Tiger

Rodeo versus Exploder
Pikes peak
Next weekend
Let's go.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Rupert

Quote from: Madman on August 26, 2009, 07:48:17 PM
Need new tyres, eh?  Have you considered the Firestone ATX/ATX II or the Firestone Wilderness AT?

Oh, wait.  Never mind!  :lol:

:lol:

On one of the Excursions at work (which is the federal gubment, BTW) had what I can only assume are the original Firestones a the start of the summer. One tire completely and catastrophically blew out at 55 mph in June, and the other's tread started to come off at 75 mph last week. It's completely ridiculous on so many levels, and I'm glad my crew is not dead. Jesus.

Yeah, Ford tried shifting Explorers in the UK and Europe from 1997-2001.  European shoppers stayed away in droves, proving Europeans have good taste!

Cheers,
Madman of the People

Hey!
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Quote from: NACar on August 26, 2009, 07:56:34 PM
Rodeo versus Exploder
Pikes peak
Next weekend
Let's go.

Oh. Shit. Yes. Your ass is going down.

But I'm busy then. Weekend after that?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Psilos on August 26, 2009, 07:58:53 PM
Oh. Shit. Yes. Your ass is going down.

But I'm busy then. Weekend after that?

Wait. How far is that from Maine? Lemme google it...

Eye of the Tiger

Rupert

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Psilos on August 26, 2009, 08:10:41 PM
That's, like, three days.
:lockedup:

I'll get back to you after I move out to Michigan.  :lol:

Submariner

I like the car, alot.

Just make sure to shampoo the hell out of the rear quarters.  ;)
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Rupert

Quote from: Submariner on August 26, 2009, 08:50:24 PM
I like the car, alot.

Just make sure to shampoo the hell out of the rear quarters.  ;)

Thanks, and yeah. :lol:

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: Madman on August 26, 2009, 07:48:17 PM
Need new tyres, eh?  Have you considered the Firestone ATX/ATX II or the Firestone Wilderness AT?

Oh, wait.  Never mind!  :lol:

Yeah, Ford tried shifting Explorers in the UK and Europe from 1997-2001.  European shoppers stayed away in droves, proving Europeans have good taste!

Cheers,
Madman of the People

I don't think it was a matter of taste so much as the fact that fuel is expensive here.  The Nissan Murano has done pretty badly here too.  People will only buy a gas-guzzler if it has a premium badge, it seems.

S204STi

Quote from: Psilos on August 26, 2009, 06:44:34 PM
Ah, nice. No one will get it, but nice. :lol:

I like Les Schwab. :huh:

Oh, does les schwab not sell the major brands?  I dunno because I don't have those out here. 

S204STi

Quote from: NACar on August 26, 2009, 07:56:34 PM
Rodeo versus Exploder
Pikes peak
Next weekend
Let's go.

If you can get around all the traffic.  (Best to do that sort of thing on a weekday probably).

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: R-inge on August 27, 2009, 07:52:29 AM

If you can get around all the traffic.  (Best to do that sort of thing on a weekday probably).

Nobody should be allowed to drive up Pikes Peak unless they are racing! :rage:

Tave

Most of them are flatlanders scared out of their minds. The last stretch to the top is very intimidating if you haven't driven anything like it.

Even worse are the assholes who fry their brakes on the way down.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Rupert

Quote from: R-inge on August 27, 2009, 07:51:05 AM
Oh, does les schwab not sell the major brands?  I dunno because I don't have those out here. 

Yeah, they sell Les Schwab brand only. :lol: :ohyeah:

Raza

So when are you moving out of your apartment?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

RomanChariot

Actually, Les Schwab is a major outlet for Toyo tires.

S204STi

Quote from: RomanChariot on August 27, 2009, 04:22:36 PM

Ah, now that makes sense.  When I got my first car, that 94 Legacy, it had a set of Toyos on them and a Les Schwab booklet that came with them, so I guess I assumed they carried other brands as well based on that.

Rupert

Quote from: R-inge on August 27, 2009, 11:27:06 AM
lul, whodathunkit

Quote from: RomanChariot on August 27, 2009, 04:22:36 PM

Ha, yeah, I realized that today. :lol:

Also Hankook, I think.

Rupert

http://www.lesschwab.com/tires/light_truck/sxt_at.asp

I got those in about 30". They didn't think the 31s would fit right, and I trust them more than the internet (which told me 31").

:ohyeah:

Rupert

Eye of the Tiger

Rupert

Eye of the Tiger

Rupert

Quote from: NACar on August 27, 2009, 07:21:15 PM
That's what I'm sayin, brah

But I won't. Most people will just think I'm another retard with a Calvin sticker, and the rest will notice that it's on a Ford and think I'm a retard who thinks he's driving a Blazer.

Rupert

'Sploder is washed! With them new tires, it sure do look purty.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Psilos on August 27, 2009, 08:03:56 PM
But I won't. Most people will just think I'm another retard with a Calvin sticker, and the rest will notice that it's on a Ford and think I'm a retard who thinks he's driving a Blazer.

Then you also need to get a huge FORD banner for the rear window.  :lol:

Rupert

Quote from: NACar on August 27, 2009, 08:05:49 PM
Then you also need to get a huge FORD banner for the rear window.  :lol:

Hahaha, that would be hilarious! But still no.

:lol: