The Hyundai Genesis Coupe thread

Started by ifcar, August 27, 2009, 05:13:10 PM

Raza

Quote from: Morris Minor on October 20, 2009, 12:21:39 PM
If one were to buy the R-Spec & decided to budget an extra $2K on mods, what would yield the best return on the buck? I'm thinking cold air intake & decent exhaust headers, but that would prolly give no more than about 20hp.

I'd look at anything involving the chip.  There are a lot of similar power turbo fours (and fives, actually) out there that gain 50+bhp out of just a chip/reprogram/whatever they call it. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

S204STi

Depends on the vehicle, but yeah.  Sometimes there is a huge amount of power to be gained.  Whether it's safe or not... well, many thousands of cars are out there with over 100k on a tuned motor, so it can't be that bad.  Someday if I keep my car long enough I'll let you guys know how long the engine lasts with one. :lol:

sportyaccordy

I am pretty sure this motor will benefit greatly from a chip. High compression + low boost = big power ceiling w/stock turbo and I think this has both. I don't think any new turbo motors have less than 10:1 compression, which not long ago was considered exotic on a non-turbo motor :P

SVT666

SEMA preview: Rhys Millen-built mid-engine Hyundai Genesis RM460 Coupe
10/23/2009, 9:17 AMBY DREW JOHNSON

With the build process now all but complete, Rhys Millen Racing has released a rendering of its mid-engined RM460 Hyundai Genesis Coupe. Like all things with a spec sheet this wild, the RM460 Genesis Coupe will debut next month at the SMEA Show in Las Vegas.

Powered by a thoroughly massaged version of the V8 engine used in the Genesis sedan ? mounted midship, of course ? the show car promises handling more on par with the Porsche Cayman. The engine receives eight individual throttle bodies and a set of JE pistons, which bump the compression ratio up to about 11.0:1, although none of the internals have been modified. Hyundai says the show car will crank out 500 horsepower.

The V8 mounts to a five-speed race-ready Mendeola sequential transmission tuned for a maximum speed of 182 mph, according to Inside Line.

Despite the engine placement, RMR is keeping the suspension mostly stock since the driveshaft doesn?t interfere with the rear suspension.
To facilitate access to the engine, the Genesis Coupe has been converted into a hatchback.

RMR says the modified coupe was inspired by the Ferrari 599XX, so no over-the-top SEMA spec body kit here. Just some subtle tweaks capped off by a set of 20-inch rims.

Don?t forget to check back here the first week of November for Leftlane?s live coverage of SEMA from Las Vegas.