New car ponderings.

Started by MX793, November 20, 2009, 02:10:59 PM

CALL_911

In the right color too. You, sir, are a very lucky man.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Vinsanity

Quote from: Onslaught on November 30, 2009, 07:44:41 PM

Apparently my girlfriend posted this picture of me with it at the dealer on facebook. I've got people asking what I've got and I didn't tell anyone yet.

You should tell them you got the "his" and "her" golf carts behind the pretty blue car.

Congrats :rockon: :ohyeah:

and let us know how well this works out as your "not as harsh as the Miata" car ;)

Laconian

Beautiful car, there, and nice wheels too! Congratulations!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

SVT666

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

NomisR

Nice color, almost as good as my Winning Blue.. :lol: 

Actually I love that color..

Nethead

Quote from: MX793 on November 20, 2009, 08:08:36 PM
2010 is more of the same.  But since the V6 Mustang really has had no real direct competition to be measured against up until this year, there was no reason for Ford to up the bar.  Now you have Camaro and Genesis offering a lot more performance for similar money.  My hope is this will prompt Ford to not only upgrade the engine, but upgrade the V6 suspension to GT spec so it can hold its own against the Camaro and Genesis.

MX793:  The word is that the 2011 V6 Mustang is a whole 'nother car than all previous Mustang V6s--read the various reports on the new 3.7L V6 Mustang shown at the L.A. Auto Show.  It is conceivable that--if it performs consistently with all its hardware upgrades--this could be a cult classic highly sought after decades down the road as well as in the Spring of 2010.  And of course there are all the aftermarket parts for the dozens of Mustang tuner cars that may be adaptable to the V6 chassis (the Griggs racing suspension, the Shelby brake-cooling ducts, yada yada yada) if not to the engine itself.  Doubtless, numerous Ford dealerships will offer V6 Mustangs with the full hard-on EcoBoost twin turbos and related hardware.  Tuners will offer that, too, plus reflashes, upped boost, high-perf CAIs, you know the routine...).  It's easy to say "Wait until you can drive both, and then compare", but as you have noted the RX-8s are damned good and may have big end-of-year discounts on 2009s that make them especially tantalizing.

Between these two choices, there ain't no mistakes to make.  Actually, your position is to be envied--you'll delight in whichever choice you make!  For your peace of mind, it would be best to try 'em both so you can say with certainty that of the two "the one I bought was the better choice for me".
So many stairs...so little time...

Nethead

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE RX8!!! 

What's that old saying?  A hand in the bush is worth more than all the fuckin' birds on the planet, or somethin' like that?  Whatever.  Thank God your gf had her camera along!

Clean it up, find a patch o' sunshine, and take some quality pics for the forums!  'Better have the gf and her camera along just in case you screw it up again...
So many stairs...so little time...

Onslaught

Quote from: Nethead on December 10, 2009, 09:57:23 PM
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE RX8!!! 

What's that old saying?  A hand in the bush is worth more than all the fuckin' birds on the planet, or somethin' like that?  Whatever.  Thank God your gf had her camera along!

Clean it up, find a patch o' sunshine, and take some quality pics for the forums!  'Better have the gf and her camera along just in case you screw it up again...
http://www.carspin.net/forums/index.php?topic=20620.0

I still need a new Camera. Need some pictures of the MX and RX together.