MINI Countryman

Started by 2o6, January 19, 2010, 01:49:48 PM

2o6

I think the whole idea is dumb. It's too large and too pointless.

Looks pretty good, though.

S204STi

2o6

giant_mtb

So, what's the point of this?  An awkward-looking roof and some black wheels?

Cool.  I guess.

2o6

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 19, 2010, 01:54:20 PM
So, what's the point of this?  An awkward-looking roof and some black wheels?

Cool.  I guess.

What?

It has five doors and raised ground clearance.

giant_mtb

So. They went from three doors.  To three doors + suicide door.  Now it's 5 doors, a fucked up roof, and some ground clearance.

I don't really care about the number of doors.  It's a damn Mini and normal people can't sit in the back for too long anyways.

Raised ground clearance, heh?  To do what, traverse 3 inch boulders?

2o6

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 19, 2010, 01:59:23 PM
So. They went from three doors.  To three doors + suicide door.  Now it's 5 doors, a fucked up roof, and some ground clearance.

I don't really care about the number of doors.  It's a damn Mini and normal people can't sit in the back for too long anyways.

Raised ground clearance, heh?  To do what, traverse 3 inch boulders?

It's a CUV.

giant_mtb

2o6

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 19, 2010, 02:01:28 PM
For midgets?

Yes, because you can obviously tell how roomy a car is from leaked photos.

giant_mtb

Or I can tell because it's a Mini.

Why'd you post the pictures if I can't ask questions?

S204STi

If it's anything like the Clubman it'll just be a physically awkward looking vehicle that is still entirely impractical.  (Not to say I wouldn't still want a MINI, but the Clubman is absurd, IMO).

2o6

I've also heard that a variant with normal ground clearance and 2WD will battle the GTI.

SVT666

SVT666

Give me a Mini like this, and I might think about buying one.

the Teuton

I've got to say that MINIs are no longer really small, practical, or seem to have a mission. What can a $20something MINI SUV do that a larger RAV4 or Forester can't do better for less?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

2o6

Quote from: the Teuton on January 19, 2010, 02:22:36 PM
I've got to say that MINIs are no longer really small, practical, or seem to have a mission. What can a $20something MINI SUV do that a larger RAV4 or Forester can't do better for less?

Have style.

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Laconian

$20something? You know this thing will hit $40k no problem.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

SVT666

You could say the same about the regular Mini.

FoMoJo

Make money for BMW :huh:.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

the Teuton

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 19, 2010, 02:30:54 PM
You could say the same about the regular Mini.

The standard MINI has [insert cliche] gokart handling. What happens when you raise the car off the ground? In goes butch (if you can call it that), and out goes fun.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT666

Quote from: the Teuton on January 19, 2010, 02:34:53 PM
The standard MINI has [insert cliche] gokart handling.
So do other, more practical cars.

QuoteWhat happens when you raise the car off the ground? In goes butch (if you can call it that), and out goes fun.
Not necessarily.  The amount of ground clearance they gave it looks like it would be enough to go camping, but little more then that.  I bet the car is still fun.  Personally, I would never actually buy a car smaller then a Focus anyway, but having driven one, I can certainly understand why some people would.

Raza

Quote from: 2o6 on January 19, 2010, 02:13:02 PM
I've also heard that a variant with normal ground clearance and 2WD will battle the GTI.

They call that one the Cooper or Clubman.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

It's at least 4wd, I hope. A winter beater for the psuedo rich?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Laconian

A MINI for every purse and purpose, purposes like fording rivers and towing speedboats.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CJ

I love the regular MINI, LOVE the Clubman, somewhat like the convertible for retaining its good-to-drive-ness, but don't care for this.  People will buy it.

the Teuton

But when does a MINI become a MAXI?

BimmerM3

CALL_911

Why does BMW like to answer questions no one asked?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

J86

Jesus this actually makes some semblance of sense down here, assuming the air intake is placed up high.