Ken Block?s Monster rally Fiesta

Started by SVT666, January 26, 2010, 01:46:22 PM

SVT666

Leaked: Ken Block?s Monster rally Fiesta
01/26/2010, 1:24 PM
BY MARK KLEIS

Leftlane already brought the news that stunt driver and internet phenom Ken Block would be leaving Subaru for Ford ? but now we have obtained some leaked images of his all-new Fiesta rally car. Continuing his traditions of sponsorship, the latest rally car is sporting plenty of Monster, Ford and DC Shoes mentions amongst a unique and eye-grabbing paint job.

Block made his rise to fame largely due to the success of his stunt videos that amassed millions of views on YouTube, known as Gymkhana. Until now, Block has not raced on the world stage in a rally circuit ? but he says he is anxious to get started in the learning process.

?I am stoked to be rallying in a Ford. They are an impressive force in the sport,? said Block. ?Racing in the World Rally Championship has always been a dream of mine but I?d still be dreaming if I promised podiums in the near future.?

Block will make history as the first American racer to compete in the WRC?s 38-year history.
Check back on Wednesday for more high-res images for the official release.

Minpin

God, writing is rash these days. What made him famous was co-founding DC Shoes, not silly youtube.  :facepalm:
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

SVT_Power

Quote from: Minpin on January 26, 2010, 01:50:27 PM
God, writing is rash these days. What made him famous was co-founding DC Shoes, not silly youtube.  :facepalm:

That's where he made his money, but I wouldn't be surprised if a vast majority of people who know of him found out through his youtube videos.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

SVT666

Quote from: Minpin on January 26, 2010, 01:50:27 PM
DC made him rich, YouTube made him famous.

Minpin

And where do you think he got the opportunities he had to drive? Youtube?  :facepalm:

This article is trash, sorry. 

SVT_Power

Quote from: Minpin on January 26, 2010, 02:25:36 PM
And where do you think he got the opportunities he had to drive? Youtube?  :facepalm:

I'm still quite confused as to how he became a rally driver.

I can connect the dots between he has a lot of money and he's a rally driver now. But I'm not sure what the details are between those two points. Did he use his money to start up a new team and set himself as the driver? I mean it doesn't seem like he climbed the ladder and got to where he is now.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT666

Quote from: Minpin on January 26, 2010, 02:25:36 PM

Most of the people I know don't even know who founded DC Shoes.  It was YouTube that made him famous dude.  Without YouTube, he's just another business man.

Minpin

Quote from: SVT_Power on January 26, 2010, 02:27:53 PM
I'm still quite confused as to how he became a rally driver.

I can connect the dots between he has a lot of money and he's a rally driver now. But I'm not sure what the details are between those two points. Did he use his money to start up a new team and set himself as the driver? I mean it doesn't seem like he climbed the ladder and got to where he is now.

People with money get to skip the lines and go straight to the front.

Minpin

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 26, 2010, 02:31:03 PM
Most of the people I know don't even know who founded DC Shoes.  It was YouTube that made him famous dude.  Without YouTube, he's just another business man.

LOL

ok m8

SVT666

Quote from: Minpin on January 26, 2010, 02:31:48 PM
LOL

ok m8
What is false about my statement?  Without YouTube he's just another business man. 

SVT_Power

I THINK he was involved in the skateboarding/snowboarding scene before driving, but that's a tiny crowd to be known in compared to how exposed he is now.

Minpin

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 26, 2010, 02:33:13 PM
What is false about my statement?  Without YouTube he's just another business man. 

He was a driver long before youtube, and will be driving long after. He started driving in 2005, that video didn't pop up until late 2008.

Also, you'll notice that they sold DC shoes to quicksilver in may of 04, and he started driving in 05! Holy shit my money hypothesis is correct as well!

SVT666

Quote from: SVT_Power on January 26, 2010, 02:35:26 PM
I THINK he was involved in the skateboarding/snowboarding scene before driving, but that's a tiny crowd to be known in compared to how exposed he is now.
I didn't know until about 6 months ago that he founded DC Shoes.  I guarantee 99% of the population doesn't know that.  

SVT666

Quote from: Minpin on January 26, 2010, 02:37:09 PM
He was a driver long before youtube, and will be driving long after. He started driving in 2005, that video didn't pop up until late 2008.

Also, you'll notice that they sold DC shoes to quicksilver in may of 04, and he started driving in 05! Holy shit my money hypothesis is correct as well!
He's still the CEO of DC Shoes though.  And who cares about where the money came from or when he started driving.  Nobody knew who he was until that first video showed up on the internet.

SVT_Power

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 26, 2010, 02:37:26 PM
I didn't know until about 6 months ago that he founded DC Shoes.  I guarantee 99% of the population doesn't know that. 

I didn't even know he existed until those videos came up  :lol:

Minpin

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 26, 2010, 02:38:46 PM
He's still the CEO of DC Shoes though.  And who cares about where the money came from or when he started driving.  Nobody knew who he was until that first video showed up on the internet.

No, he's not CEO of DC Shoes.

And plenty of people knew about him dude. All of your arguments are "Well, I didn't know that so everyone else must be the same as me."

SVT666

Quote from: Minpin on January 26, 2010, 02:45:11 PM
No, he's not CEO of DC Shoes.
You're right. He's the Chief Brand Officer of DC Shoes and Damon Way (co-founder) is President.

QuoteAnd plenty of people knew about him dude. All of your arguments are "Well, I didn't know that so everyone else must be the same as me."
Some people knew him.  Very few though.  He rose to stardom because of his videos.  Period.  I don't know how you can argue otherwise.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 26, 2010, 02:37:26 PM
I didn't know until about 6 months ago that he founded DC Shoes.  I guarantee 99% of the population doesn't know that.  

I didn't know that until a moment ago. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Payman

I had no idea until the announcement was made a month or so ago.

Raza

Quote from: Rockraven Target on January 26, 2010, 03:29:23 PM
I had no idea until the announcement was made a month or so ago.

I am uncomfortable with change.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

93JC

Minpin

Ya'll aren't into the type of sports or personality DC shoes markets to either.  :huh:

I guess I can concede my point however, and weep at the loss of humanity.

Eye of the Tiger

Ken Block is just another product of what I like to call "pop culture engineering for profit". Other examples of this concept would be the Jonas Brothers, and 86% of NASCAR drivers.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT666

Quote from: NACar on January 26, 2010, 03:48:56 PM
Ken Block is just another product of what I like to call "pop culture engineering for profit". Other examples of this concept would be the Jonas Brothers, and 86% of NASCAR drivers.
86%?

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Raza  on January 26, 2010, 03:21:00 PM
I didn't know that until a moment ago. 

+1

Looks like Minpin is just being bitchy again.

Sigma Projects

Quote from: SVT666 on January 26, 2010, 02:37:26 PM

I didn't even know until just now :tounge:
RAs, the last of the RWD Celicas