Your favorite luxury sedan

Started by BENZ BOY15, March 28, 2010, 10:20:28 PM

BENZ BOY15

Hello,

I was wondering what your favorite luxury sedan is. I'm talking about the big ones too...S, A8, 7...etc.

I love the S class. The outside is great, the inside is great....hell the whole car is amazing. The 7 is great too. However, I HATE, HATE, HATE...the fucking iDrive. I can't figure out how to use it....very confusing. My friend's sister had no clue how to use it.

Anyway, what sedan do you guys like?
:rastaman:

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

CJ

the Teuton

I've only ever driven the A8, 7er, and DTS. That said, A8 -- it makes me sehr froh in oh-so many ways.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Vinsanity

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Vinsanity

now that's just over the top. I prefer my Caddy's to be stately and subtle ;)

Rupert

Vinsanity

Quote from: Rupert on March 28, 2010, 11:56:10 PM
What's not subtle about that? :huh:

well I suppose it could pass muster at most reputable country clubs. I would probably opt for a different color vinyl top, though.

AltinD

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on March 28, 2010, 10:20:28 PM
...the fucking iDrive. I can't figure out how to use it....very confusing. My friend's sister had no clue how to use it.

If you have been frequenting car forums since you were 15 and can't figure out the iDrive, you should get yourself checked

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

r0tor

Panamera.... what, I want to drive rather then be driven
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

cawimmer430

There's no bad car in this class. It all depends on personal preference.

I prefer the S-Class because I am biased.  :praise:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

CALL_911

3-way tie between the Panamera, 7er and Quattroporte.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Jon?

Current Rides: 2011 VW Golf TDi, 2008 Pontiac Vibe

SVT_Power

A8 and the XJ.

Both previous generations.

Mid 2000's were a good time for those two.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

BENZ BOY15

Quote from: AltinD on March 29, 2010, 04:24:05 AM
If you have been frequenting car forums since you were 15 and can't figure out the iDrive, you should get yourself checked

I was just really slow at it....and my Dad doesn't have a BMW....so I can't really practice.

SVT666

Submariner

A toss up between the XJ and the S-class.

The new 7 is great too.

The Quatroporte just drips with sex.

The Panamera may be ugly, but the interior is fantastic, and who can say no to a sedan that does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds?

The A8 looks...like an A4.

The LS will fly you into a barrier at 120MPH, so that's out. 

The DTS blows.

Am I missing any?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Colin

I've only driven the S Class - and that was mightily impressive.

However, given a moderate budget, I would have no hesitation in choosing the brand new Jaguar XJ......... it is a gorgeous car, with the inside even better than the pictures suggest.

Increase the budget a bit, and I could well be tempted into a Quattroporte. Objectively it may not be as good as its rivals, but it oozes desirability in a way that none of the German Big barges can quite manage.

Add another 50% to the budget, and I'd blow it on the new Aston Rapide...... having parked up almost next to one at the recent race Retro event, I can tell you that it sounded so awesome that it matters not if the Panamera is perhaps "better".

If I was feeling really rich, then the new Rolls-Royce Ghost would get my vote.... looks far better than the rather gawky new Bentley Mulsanne. 

the Teuton

If we were talking about the really expensive ones, an S65 AMG or Bentley CFS would be my first choices on the way to $200k.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

the Teuton

I can't tell anyone about the new A8, but the old one was an absolute dandy of a car, and a far better car than the refreshed 7er ever was.

Tave

XJ and Quattroporte. Then again I have good taste. :ohyeah:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 29, 2010, 08:00:21 AM
There's no bad car in this class. It all depends on personal preference.

+1

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 29, 2010, 08:00:21 AM
I prefer the S-Class because I am biased.  :praise:

7 for the same reason. I drove the new 750i extensively at the press launch. I liked it but I would get many other BMWs before it. After that it would be the Maser and the Jag.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Speed_Racer

I'm a Quattroporte fan - its sound and looks are intoxicating.

omicron

If we're talking about current models, I'd have to say Quattroporte. That body, that leather, that engine, that sound. Oh my.

I must say, though, that of the earlier models I've started to develop a bit of a soft spot for the E65 7-series. I forget that the first examples are eight years old already, and there really are some cheap examples about the place.

AltinD

My boss who is driven on the back of a Bentley Flying Spur told me the other day that after two years is getting bored to it and want to change. He said he has taken a look at the RR Ghost but found the back seat smaller (I don't know if he sat in one or just saw specs).

Can that be right?

Oh, and that was while he was driving my Passat and totally complimenting it :lol:

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD