Audi A4

Started by giant_mtb, April 03, 2010, 03:19:12 PM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 02, 2010, 01:50:03 PM
Of course.  Dust will stick to anything, regardless of how much it has been waxed.  If dust didn't stick to waxed things, my car would never ever ever ever be dusty.  Alas, it is.

Smoothies

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 02, 2010, 01:50:41 PM
It would take 4 minutes of my life, and it'd be hilarious to see my Fox badge on your Swift, but whatevvvvvv.

Eh, I'm probably selling the Swift... or the Sonoma... or both. And soon. Rodeo time is nigh.

giant_mtb

Eye of the Tiger

giant_mtb

I look retarded in hats.

Minpin

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 02, 2010, 02:20:55 PM
I look retarded in hats.

I also have this problem. Easy solution though.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

CJ

Quote from: Minpin on July 02, 2010, 02:21:59 PM
I also have this problem. Easy solution though.

Don't wear hats?

giant_mtb

Precisely.  I think.

Minpin

It's amazing what a good education does these days. No alcohol really paid off for you CJ! Keep up the fantastic work! You're the best! Stellar! Bravo!

Colonel Cadillac

He's not fucking around  :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Minpin on July 02, 2010, 02:25:35 PM
It's amazing what a good education does these days. No alcohol really paid off for you CJ! Keep up the fantastic work! You're the best! Stellar! Bravo!

Alcohol is bad, mmmkay?

Minpin

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Minpin on July 02, 2010, 02:29:20 PM
Look what it did to me!

It gives me heartburn, sometimes.  :mask:  :nono:  :pullover:

Rupert

We have to rent field vehicles this year at exorbitant prices. They are brand new (well, they're well broken in, now) Dodge 3/4 tons that do not meet any of the specs that we set out in the contract (except the tires), and they came with the stupid dealership badges on the back. I told my crew people that I would not be mad if those accidentally came off. I got one broken in half from one of the crews, and it's going on my peg board. :lol:

OK, that was a good story.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

BimmerM3

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 01, 2010, 06:32:22 PM
I wish I had the money to get some ceramic brake pads.  I'm sick of feeling the urge to clean my wheels after every 25 miles.  I try to brake as little as possible, but Christ; this shit just piles on like crazy. :rage:

Is it true that waxing wheels make them easier to clean in the future?
Quote from: 2o6 on July 01, 2010, 06:58:54 PM

Was thinking of computer terms.

MP3 is a lossy format. FLAC is lossless.

Compression algorithms are not all bad.

ifcar

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 02, 2010, 01:13:40 PM
A month?  Jesus.  I wash my car once a week, whether or not I've got a sign on my car.  But, I've always been into keeping my cars clean anyways, so yeah. :huh:  I do love the fact that I have a garage.  Unfortunately, I won't have one once I go back to school.  Ugh.

A month? Jesus. I wash my car approximately once a year. (Whether it needs it or not!)

the Teuton

I wash my car once every other week right now. I will have the sads when I can no longer do that...and when road salt starts fucking up my automobile.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Colonel Cadillac

There's a $6 deluxe car wash near me that I'll use, but it rains just about every single day here so there's really no point.

Rupert

I wash fancy cars every other week or more, but I wash utilitarian cars in the spring and in the late summer/fall only.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

giant_mtb

Plate came!  I never got around to purchasing it myself, so my brothers did so for me for my birthday.  Sweeeeeeeeeet.  H8rz kan h8.

Submariner

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 25, 2010, 12:29:21 PM
Plate came!  I never got around to purchasing it myself, so my brothers did so for me for my birthday.  Sweeeeeeeeeet.  H8rz kan h8.

It's alright - Led Zeppelin likes LOTR, ergo, I do too.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

giant_mtb

Almost the one-year anniversary!  Saturday will be the day.  I'll probably crest 20,000 miles that day.  I'm at 19,850-something, so I could probably find 150 miles to eat up over the next two days so i can say I drove 20,000 miles exactly in a year. :lol:  Gonna give it a good wash tomorrow after this week's annoying rain and probably rotate the tires (and oil change when I get home).  She'll be all clean and tidy for the drive home on Sunday.

And I'm super jacked to get home and give 'er a real deep clean.  Gonna get it up in the air, clean the frame/chassis/whatever the hell else is underneath.  Probably take out the wheelwell liners and clean those and all the areas they cover.  Give it a once-over with a finishing pad and light polish to get the year's worth of washing swirls and imperfections out.  Restore the trim, polish the exhaust, clean under the hood, etc.  Then put 4 million coats of Liquid Glass on it.

It'll be a long day(s). :lol:

And yes, I'm still in love with this car.  I love looking out my window and seeing it sitting out there waiting for me to drive it. :wub:

Cookie Monster

Nice!!

How the crap did you put 20k on it in one year? :lol:

I think I've put about 4.5k on mine so far. I'll probably put 8k on it by the end of 1 year.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

giant_mtb

Quote from: thecarnut on April 28, 2011, 06:23:55 PM
Nice!!

How the crap did you put 20k on it in one year? :lol:

I think I've put about 4.5k on mine so far. I'll probably put 8k on it by the end of 1 year.

Well, I dunno.  I drove a lot last summer because I just love driving it so much.  And when you live 450 miles from home when you go to school, the miles add up.  I think I drove home (1,000 miles round trip basically) four times this year.  And I'm always one to say "I'll drive!"  I love to drive it. :rockon:

Cookie Monster

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 28, 2011, 08:31:39 PM
Well, I dunno.  I drove a lot last summer because I just love driving it so much.  And when you live 450 miles from home when you go to school, the miles add up.  I think I drove home (1,000 miles round trip basically) four times this year.  And I'm always one to say "I'll drive!"  I love to drive it. :rockon:
Ah. I live 50 miles away from home and a lot of times am too busy to go driving for fun. Also, I can't really say "I'll drive" since I can't take anyone anywhere. :lol:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

giant_mtb

haha Very true, very true. ;)

giant_mtb

Just hit 30,000 miles last night.  It's been about 22 months of ownership (April 30th of this year will be the 2-year anniversary) including 3 months of storage this winter.  So, I've averaged about 1,500-1,600 miles per month since day one (that's counting 19 months of driving).  It still feels and smells like a new car.  I cleaned it out yesterday and prepared it for the sloppy spring season that's coming up soon...lined the driver and passenger carpets with 3-mil black plastic and put beater floor mats on top to keep the stock floor mats and carpet underneath away from too much salt and moisture.

I still love this car ever so much.  I can't wait, once again, to give it a good spring cleaning.  A once-over with some fine polish and a finishing pad to remove any winter residue and take out any fine scratches left over from washing it and it'll look good as new again. :rockon:

2o6

Congrats, dude. May it give you more trouble-free miles.

ifcar

What did you drive during the winter?

And I wouldn't stack the floormats -- at least for the driver's, take out the original so there's going to be a risk of pedal entrapment.

giant_mtb

Quote from: ifcar on March 10, 2012, 07:01:16 AM
What did you drive during the winter?

And I wouldn't stack the floormats -- at least for the driver's, take out the original so there's going to be a risk of pedal entrapment.

I was driving the Bravvy since Thanksgiving.  The shitty mileage (13mpg) and not-A4-ness were starting to get to me. :lol:

And I worded that funny...I don't have the floor mats stacked.  The originals are safely in my bedroom.