Audi A4

Started by giant_mtb, April 03, 2010, 03:19:12 PM

CALL_911

I've put on 5.5k on in about 9 months, amounting to a total of 11k miles on the car. I'm always too cheap to aimlessly drive around (as much as I'd like to). I'm also never the one to drive, as getting into my car is such a PITA. When a bunch of us are going somewhere, we usually just pile in my friend's Accord.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

giant_mtb

I'm pretty okay with aimless driving if I'm in the mood to rip around town a bit.  I like driving long distances and my car is perfectly fine for four people over long distances.  And since I have the nicest/most reliable car, I usually end up being the guy doing the driving.  And I just usually don't like being a passenger...a lot of people my age scare the shit out of me with the way they drive. :mask: :lol:

Atomic

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 03, 2010, 04:57:45 PM
The drive was great.  It achieves 250+ lb-ft. of torque at a Death Valley low 1500 RPM.  It pulls very very well, and the turbo feels great.  I drove an automatic, and the "S" mode on the transmission was very cool.  It holds gears longer, so going through twisties (which we did), it'll hold a gear much longer, and downshift a lot more quickly.  The cornering feel is awesome.  Extremely limited body roll.  Point and shoot!  Conversely, it felt great on the bit of freeway we traversed.  It was a rainy/very windy day, and the car stayed straight, planted, and smooth, and still didn't require us to yell to communicate at 80MPH even though it was pouring rain.  We were driving down a 55-MPH road, and he said "go ahead and punch it."  Gobs of thrust and seconds later, we were suddenly going 80.  The engine is phenomenal, and so is the transmission!  I still think I want to get a manual, though, that's for sure.  So our salesman was really nice; said he even used to detail cars as his job, but got married and decided to sell cars instead.  We got along well. 

I want this car.  It's amazing.

Coming from a kid who drives a Bravada and used to drive a GM w-body, keep in mind. :ohyeah:
the A4 is fantastic! two friends each have one... the previous generation. the current A4 is more upscale looking, IMO and certainly much roomier. i test drove a sweet A4 premium plus model immediately after my thorough inspection and test drive in an audi Q5. the A4 sedan impressed me far more than the Q5 crossover/SUV with the popular premium plus package be certain to check out all three packages:

- premium
- premium plus
- prestige (very hard to find)

i am pretty much sold on the volvo XC60 for increased cargo room, sitting up higher, panoramic roof, etc. however, this is due to my tragic motor vehicle accident (2010), sustaining a major concussion and many long range issues from countless broken bones and all. if not for "feeling safer" in the three crossover/SUV vehicles (to alleviate an intense fear of driving for which i have a counselor), i would purchase the A4 in a heartbeat. BTW, i narrowed the list down to: a new 2012 or MY13 volvo XC60 T6 or XC60 R, BMW X3 (either 6) and audi Q5 premium plus or prestige...

having looked closely at several AWD/4WD sedans prior to deciding on a crossover/SUV, the audi A4 was the car for me. who knows... if things change, i, too, may become an audi A4 owner  :praise: good luck!

Atomic

i started a thread featuring what we can expect from audi for the 2013 model year...

check it out: http://www.carspin.net/forums/index.php?topic=26960.new#new

giant_mtb

Quote from: Atomic on March 10, 2012, 08:30:00 PM
the A4 is fantastic! two friends each have one... the previous generation. the current A4 is more upscale looking, IMO and certainly much roomier. i test drove a sweet A4 premium plus model immediately after my thorough inspection and test drive in an audi Q5. the A4 sedan impressed me far more than the Q5 crossover/SUV with the popular premium plus package be certain to check out all three packages:

- premium
- premium plus
- prestige (very hard to find)

i am pretty much sold on the volvo XC60 for increased cargo room, sitting up higher, panoramic roof, etc. however, this is due to my tragic motor vehicle accident (2010), sustaining a major concussion and many long range issues from countless broken bones and all. if not for "feeling safer" in the three crossover/SUV vehicles (to alleviate an intense fear of driving for which i have a counselor), i would purchase the A4 in a heartbeat. BTW, i narrowed the list down to: a new 2012 or MY13 volvo XC60 T6 or XC60 R, BMW X3 (either 6) and audi Q5 premium plus or prestige...

having looked closely at several AWD/4WD sedans prior to deciding on a crossover/SUV, the audi A4 was the car for me. who knows... if things change, i, too, may become an audi A4 owner  :praise: good luck!

I could only afford the basic Premium package.  My only options were heated seats and chrome exhaust tips. :lol:

My brother should be taking delivery of his brand new Q5 in a few days here.  Apparently the Audi in my blood rubbed off on him. :ohyeah: