Audi A4

Started by giant_mtb, April 03, 2010, 03:19:12 PM

saxonyron

Charlie, come on Down! Josh should be around 5 or 5:30. I'm good till 7:15 or so, so it'll be brief but meaningful! 3 New Englanders holding a deep Southwest GTG. :rockon:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

deep south that is. Damn phone suggesting these words... :lol:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Colonel Cadillac

I'll be there, where's the destination?

SVT_Power

where's the booze?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raza

Headline:  Bald New England Contractor Lures Two Young Men to Hotel Room
NEW ORLEANS - Early this morning three people were found dead in what appears to be a deranged love triangle murder/suicide pact.  The instigator in this incident is survived by his wife and 37 children.  Police are refusing to comment, but early responders suspect motives for the crime to be sexual in nature.  More details as they become available.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT_Power

ron are you balding? I can't even see the top of your head so I couldn't tell  :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

BimmerM3

Quote from: saxonyron on April 28, 2010, 07:49:58 PM
They've never met? I think it should be mandatory that any Spinner within a 1 hr drive should meet any fellow Spinner. Or you're out of the club.  I've been buried at work lately, so this trip pretty much came up as a surprise, even though it's been booked for over 6 months.  I never stopped to think about who might be down here.  Sometimes the unplanned events work out better than the planned ones.

I think you northeasterners are a lot tighter of a group than the rest of us. After all, the two major Spin GTGs every year are in Boston and NYC.

Morris Minor doesn't live far from me and we've never met. He has a daughter around my age too. :mask:

Quote from: The Pirate on April 28, 2010, 08:05:49 PM
Get an Abita Turbodog while you're down there!  It's one of my favorite beers, and you can't find 'em up here.  It's a brown ale, so similar to Newcastle, but much much better.

Really? We get Abita Turbodog, Jockamo, and Purple Haze in Atlanta. I've had Purple Haze, but never tired Turbodog. I'll have to pick up a 6er sometime.

BimmerM3

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 28, 2010, 10:31:04 PM
I don't even remember what I talked about during the GTG.

My dad and I had a very technical discussion about car engines and the future of the IC engine over dinner. My mom started to get ticked off and said "pay the bill and then come out after you guys are done"  :lol:

And really, I'm not that asian. I play hockey and ultimate frisbee (the two whitest sports around IMO)! I don't really have an accent either.

Oh and, yes I have seen the movie. Great flick btw.

The two whitest sports are tennis and skiing.

Quote from: dazzleman on April 29, 2010, 04:59:21 AM
Or did you not notice, because you're so used to driving falling apart rustbuckets that feel like 80 mph when you're doing 40?  :evildude:

Having ridden in my dad's 5er a lot, that's actually a likely explanation.

the Teuton

Quote from: BimmerM3 on April 29, 2010, 03:47:51 PM
I think you northeasterners are a lot tighter of a group than the rest of us. After all, the two major Spin GTGs every year are in Boston and NYC.

The Northwesterners seem to have you beat, too. Hemi's met Laconian, and Secret Chimp and Laconian have met one another several times. I think it's more because, with the exception of Morris Minor, there are no old people out there. Old people are good at organizing things. Total, I've met six people from here on occasion.

QuoteMorris Minor doesn't live far from me and we've never met. He has a daughter around my age too. :mask:

:winkguy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKDdT_nyP54
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

saxonyron

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 29, 2010, 03:22:03 PM
ron are you balding? I can't even see the top of your head so I couldn't tell  :lol:

Not a chance.  Raza just likes bust my balls because he's jealous of my hair.  He is in fact the balding one.  My forehead is growing larger, but by no means am I a balding old fart. 

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

Quote from: Raza  on April 29, 2010, 03:08:59 PM
Headline:  Bald New England Contractor Lures Two Young Men to Hotel Room
NEW ORLEANS - Early this morning three people were found dead in what appears to be a deranged love triangle murder/suicide pact.  The instigator in this incident is survived by his wife and 37 children.  Police are refusing to comment, but early responders suspect motives for the crime to be sexual in nature.  More details as they become available.

All I can say is :evildude:   

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

Quote from: the Teuton on April 29, 2010, 04:03:13 PM
The Northwesterners seem to have you beat, too. Hemi's met Laconian, and Secret Chimp and Laconian have met one another several times. I think it's more because, with the exception of Morris Minor, there are no old people out there. Old people are good at organizing things. Total, I've met six people from here on occasion.

Hey, Jake, where's that "bite me" smiley that I keep looking for?  That would be the only reasonable response to all your vindictive "old people" comments.  You hurt me man.  You really hurt me.   :mask:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

the Teuton

Quote from: saxonyron on April 29, 2010, 04:07:35 PM
All I can say is :evildude:   

You know, your head was at cloud level well before I turned on my car.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

Is that guy saying Gallado....?

the Teuton

Quote from: saxonyron on April 29, 2010, 04:09:26 PM
Hey, Jake, where's that "bite me" smiley that I keep looking for?  That would be the only reasonable response to all your vindictive "old people" comments.  You hurt me man.  You really hurt me.   :mask:

You're acting bitter...like...an old person. :devil:

the Teuton

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 29, 2010, 04:10:04 PM
Is that guy saying Gallado....?

He's from Africa -- give him a break.

BimmerM3

That's true. I've met two people from the Spin though (Chimp and Wimmer).

dazzleman

Quote from: BimmerM3 on April 29, 2010, 03:54:12 PM

Having ridden in my dad's 5er a lot, that's actually a likely explanation.

So he doesn't let you drive it?  Smart man... :devil:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

giant_mtb

Well, mother and I are in Grand Rapids.  After checking into the hotel, we went to the dealership and snuck a peek at the car.  It looks goooooooood.  Little dirty 'cause it got rained on, but hopefully they wash it in the morning. :mask:

I'm 'cited.  I'll throw up a pic or two on Facebook tomorrow with my phone and someone can link it over to this place. :ohyeah:

:cheers:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 29, 2010, 10:33:32 PM
Well, mother and I are in Grand Rapids.  After checking into the hotel, we went to the dealership and snuck a peek at the car.  It looks goooooooood.  Little dirty 'cause it got rained on, but hopefully they wash it in the morning. :mask:

I'm 'cited.  I'll throw up a pic or two on Facebook tomorrow with my phone and someone can link it over to this place. :ohyeah:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG  :wub:  :whatshesaid:

giant_mtb

Rupert

I've hung out with Laconian a bunch, but I don't know that Chimp has... Has he moved back to Seattle yet?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

BimmerM3

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 29, 2010, 10:33:32 PM

Send me a Facebook message (or just tag me) when you post the pic and I'll put it up here.

Quote from: dazzleman on April 29, 2010, 06:00:47 PM
So he doesn't let you drive it?  Smart man... :devil:

Naw, I've driven it several times, more than anyone else besides him. I even have my seating position on the #2 seat memory button. I just haven't had the need to drive it in quite some time.

Quote from: Rupert on April 29, 2010, 11:03:47 PM
I've hung out with Laconian a bunch, but I don't know that Chimp has... Has he moved back to Seattle yet?

Chimp has been back in Seattle for a month or so.

giant_mtb

Will do, Charlie. I don't believe I can tag photos from my iPhone, so if you haven't gotten a notification by noon or so just check my profile or somethin. :ohyeah:

Rich

Yep.... there were 4 of us living in NC, and I never met any of the 'spinners.  JWC, myself, Onslaught, and another that lived near Norfolk (ZCarNut?)
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Rich

I wanna see the A4!!!!!
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

dazzleman

Quote from: BimmerM3 on April 30, 2010, 12:14:35 AM

Naw, I've driven it several times, more than anyone else besides him. I even have my seating position on the #2 seat memory button. I just haven't had the need to drive it in quite some time.

Sorry Charlie, I got confused.  I meant to direct my comment at Eddie, not you.  Must be the senility setting in... :evildude:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

SVT_Power

Quote from: dazzleman on April 29, 2010, 04:59:21 AM
Delinquent ways?  :huh:

We were going a bit over 80 mph on the way to the train.  Or did you not notice, because you're so used to driving falling apart rustbuckets that feel like 80 mph when you're doing 40?  :evildude:

I don't judge speeding by the absolute number. I judge it by the relative speed vs. the flow of traffic. Like if you're doing 80 and everyone else is doing 85. I didn't really pay attention to the flow of traffic but definitely didn't feel like you were going much faster  :devil:

SVT_Power

Quote from: dazzleman on April 30, 2010, 04:54:31 AM
Sorry Charlie, I got confused.  I meant to direct my comment at Eddie, not you.  Must be the senility setting in... :evildude:

Setting in? I thought it was already in full stride a while ago?