Audi A4

Started by giant_mtb, April 03, 2010, 03:19:12 PM

saxonyron

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

Quote from: Rupert on May 01, 2010, 08:56:32 PM
FILM?!

Wow, talk about showing your age...

:lol:

Just making sure you were paying attention.  Even someone of my advanced age hasn't even seen a roll of film in about 8 years.  But srsly, where are more pics of the smokin' A4?  Invquiring minds want to know!

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Rupert

Quote from: saxonyron on May 01, 2010, 09:10:15 PM
Just making sure you were paying attention.  Even someone of my advanced age hasn't even seen a roll of film in about 8 years.  But srsly, where are more pics of the smokin' A4?  Invquiring minds want to know!

Sure, baldy...

If I got a new A4, I sure wouldn't be wasting my time uploading photos; I'd be on a road trip!
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

saxonyron

Quote from: Rupert on May 01, 2010, 09:17:56 PM
Sure, baldy...

If I got a new A4, I sure wouldn't be wasting my time uploading photos; I'd be on a road trip!

Baldy??  You and Raza just don't want to let this thing die, do you?  Your jealousy knows no bounds.  And sure, he can take a road trip, but he has a sworn duty to upload at least a few pics for us.  Isn't that in our Carspin membership bylaws? :huh:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

Rupert

Yeah, but wait a couple of days...

You're not as much fun to rag on about your age than daz.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

saxonyron

Quote from: Rupert on May 01, 2010, 10:25:24 PM
Yeah, but wait a couple of days...

You're not as much fun to rag on about your age than daz.

Well, that's because I have a long thick and full head of hair and I'm commonly mistaken for a 29 year old.  Daz is so old, even his walker is getting rusty. :devil:  

But seriously, he can outrun me - he's been doing 5k's and running quite a bit.  I just stagger over to my girly eliptical trainer every few days, slip into my pumps, and wheeze my way through a 6 minute workout. :huh:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

giant_mtb

J86

Lookin' good dude!

giant_mtb

Alright, guys.  Here I am.  Drove about 120 miles today, all with my best friend.  I fucking love this car.  I am so glad I got the manual transmission.  It's so much nicer to be in total control.  I'm fine with starts now, and have had to take on a couple of slight inclines, which I handled just fine.  I'm really gettin' the hang of it quickly, and I fucking love rowing my own gears.  It just feels like total power over the machine and a real connection with what it's doing and what I want it to do.  I will never buy an automatic car again.

Compared to what I've driven and have been driving, this thing handles like it's on rails.  To finish off the night, my buddy and I went on the twisty road that we frequent when we're feeling adventurous.  My lord does it handle like a dream.  There're a couple 90-degree "15 MPH" turns in the town after the twisty road (which itself is a ~20 mile stretch of pure driving heaven) that I easily took at 35 MPH with no chirps, issues, or anything.  Just. Pure. Grip.  Yay AWD! 

Also, while cruising around earlier, we saw a couple guys that my friend knows who are Audi freaks.  One of them has a V8 S4, and the other has a chipped A3 2.0T.  We were just cruisin' along and saw them, so we turned around to go see 'em.  Real nice guys.  Talked about the cars, listened to the magnificent S4 V8 and just shot the breeze talkin' about cars.  Fuckin' awesome.  I let my friend drive it - and he's really the only one who will ever drive it besides me - and he fuckin' loves it, too.  That beWst is just so addicting and fun.  So much fun.  On a back road, we came up on a passing lane and I just punched it.  Suddenly, we was goin' 100 MPH.  Felt like 60 or 70.  "Dude, we were just going 100."  "No fucking way!"  The car cruises like a dream.  Whisper quiet (literally, we could whisper at 70 MPH), smooth as hell, stable at speed...the works.

This car.  Is amazing.  A great start to an awesome summer. 

giant_mtb

And since I just have a temporary plate taped up in the window...I figured I'd do this:

:praise:

J86

Sharp!

Although my MSU buddy might not think so :lol:

giant_mtb

Yeah, I hope some OSU/MSU peeps don't throw soda at it. :rage:

J86

Put an NRA sticker in the window :lol:

saxonyron

Awesome, man!  I love the wheels, too.  your writeup reminds me of my 1st test drive when I bought my A4 in 2006.  I hit the entrance ramp and rowed through the gears.  My (at the time) 12 yr old daughter looked over and said "Dad, you're going a hundred." The speed just pours on. The cars really are made for and geared for effortless Autobahn cruising at 90-100mph all day long. :ohyeah:

Now just be careful and don't get yourself a ticket.  It's so easy to space out and find yourself gong 20-30 mph over the speed limit.  :mask:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

giant_mtb

Quote from: saxonyron on May 01, 2010, 10:56:05 PM
Awesome, man!  I love the wheels, too.  your writeup reminds me of my 1st test drive when I bought my A4 in 2006.  I hit the entrance ramp and rowed through the gears.  My (at the time) 12 yr old daughter looked over and said "Dad, you're going a hundred." The speed just pours on. The cars really are made for and geared for effortless Autobahn cruising at 90-100mph all day long. :ohyeah:

Now just be careful and don't get yourself a ticket.  It's so easy to space out and find yourself gong 20-30 mph over the speed limit.  :mask:

Yeah, I use the cruise for the most part and only will speed on roads where I know the chance of getting caught are pretty much nonexistent.  :mask:

Eye of the Tiger

Yes, cruise control is your friend when your car is too awesome to be slow. V8Q's cruise did not work, and I got a speeding ticket just crusing down the highway. Lame.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

Car and I at dealership.  The wind really liked playing with my hair that day. :wub:

aFour's first sunset. :wub:

giant_mtb

Freshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Got the Liquid Glass treatment today.  Looks awesome.

the Teuton

The car's official name is aFour?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

giant_mtb

lolz No.

I've yet to name her.  I must wait for the correct female name to hit me whilst driving the vehicle before she can be officially named.

the Teuton

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 01, 2010, 11:42:35 PM
lolz No.

I've yet to name her.  I must wait for the correct female name to hit me whilst driving the vehicle before she can be officially named.

SexyBeast would suffice, no?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

giant_mtb

'Tis a sexy beast, but no.  I'm talkin' real names, dawg.  For now, it's just "the Audi."

the Teuton

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 01, 2010, 11:47:10 PM
'Tis a sexy beast, but no.  I'm talkin' real names, dawg.  For now, it's just "the Audi."

I shall stake out the name SexyBeast then for your car, much the same as mine hails by PlastiCar. I am smitten by your car, and I would likely option one similarly if I could afford it. Do I seem as though I'm sobering up, or am I just an English major who knows how to use the backspace button?

dazzleman

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: saxonyron on May 01, 2010, 10:56:05 PM
Awesome, man!  I love the wheels, too.  your writeup reminds me of my 1st test drive when I bought my A4 in 2006.  I hit the entrance ramp and rowed through the gears.  My (at the time) 12 yr old daughter looked over and said "Dad, you're going a hundred." The speed just pours on. The cars really are made for and geared for effortless Autobahn cruising at 90-100mph all day long. :ohyeah:

Now just be careful and don't get yourself a ticket.  It's so easy to space out and find yourself gong 20-30 mph over the speed limit.  :mask:

And yet your last ticket was one of the lamest tickets I've ever seen.... :tounge:  What was it, 57 in a 55 or something like that?  :evildude:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 01, 2010, 10:47:28 PM
Alright, guys.  Here I am.  Drove about 120 miles today, all with my best friend.  I fucking love this car.  I am so glad I got the manual transmission.  It's so much nicer to be in total control.  I'm fine with starts now, and have had to take on a couple of slight inclines, which I handled just fine.  I'm really gettin' the hang of it quickly, and I fucking love rowing my own gears.  It just feels like total power over the machine and a real connection with what it's doing and what I want it to do.  I will never buy an automatic car again.

Compared to what I've driven and have been driving, this thing handles like it's on rails.  To finish off the night, my buddy and I went on the twisty road that we frequent when we're feeling adventurous.  My lord does it handle like a dream.  There're a couple 90-degree "15 MPH" turns in the town after the twisty road (which itself is a ~20 mile stretch of pure driving heaven) that I easily took at 35 MPH with no chirps, issues, or anything.  Just. Pure. Grip.  Yay AWD! 

Also, while cruising around earlier, we saw a couple guys that my friend knows who are Audi freaks.  One of them has a V8 S4, and the other has a chipped A3 2.0T.  We were just cruisin' along and saw them, so we turned around to go see 'em.  Real nice guys.  Talked about the cars, listened to the magnificent S4 V8 and just shot the breeze talkin' about cars.  Fuckin' awesome.  I let my friend drive it - and he's really the only one who will ever drive it besides me - and he fuckin' loves it, too.  That beWst is just so addicting and fun.  So much fun.  On a back road, we came up on a passing lane and I just punched it.  Suddenly, we was goin' 100 MPH.  Felt like 60 or 70.  "Dude, we were just going 100."  "No fucking way!"  The car cruises like a dream.  Whisper quiet (literally, we could whisper at 70 MPH), smooth as hell, stable at speed...the works.

This car.  Is amazing.  A great start to an awesome summer. 

:rockon:
Glad you love it so much, Chris.  There's nothing like the feeling of driving a new car that you love.  Have a lot of fun with it.

dazzleman

Quote from: saxonyron on May 01, 2010, 10:35:10 PM
Well, that's because I have a long thick and full head of hair and I'm commonly mistaken for a 29 year old.  Daz is so old, even his walker is getting rusty. :devil:  

But seriously, he can outrun me - he's been doing 5k's and running quite a bit.  I just stagger over to my girly eliptical trainer every few days, slip into my pumps, and wheeze my way through a 6 minute workout. :huh:

Thanks for sticking up for me, Ron.  I'm so sick of these punks ragging on my advanced age.... :lol:

saxonyron

Quote from: dazzleman on May 02, 2010, 06:24:35 AM
And yet your last ticket was one of the lamest tickets I've ever seen.... :tounge:  What was it, 57 in a 55 or something like that?  :evildude:
Quote from: dazzleman on May 02, 2010, 06:26:07 AM
Thanks for sticking up for me, Ron.  I'm so sick of these punks ragging on my advanced age.... :lol:

So there's my reward for sticking up for you, eh?? Making fun of my pathetic little ticket?  Cruel man, cruel.  :cry:   It's just that when I decide to speed, I'm so good at ticket avoidance and radar evasion, I never get a ticket for a real big number.  It's when I'm cruising at 74 in a 55 that I let my guard down and get bagged.  I didn't even fight it in court.  Once I found out there'd be no insurance surcharges, I wrote the check.  A sad story indeed.  Thanks so much for bringing it up.   :heated:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan