Sell your car, and replace it!

Started by 2o6, July 09, 2010, 10:04:52 PM

Rupert

Quote from: 68_427 on July 20, 2010, 12:19:41 PM
Times have changed and camping has evolved.

No, camping is still camping; people just camp less.

It's less what you are sleeping in than where you are sleeping. KOA (notice they spell it with a "K") isn't camping, no matter if you're in a tent or an RV. Driving out to some BLM or Forest Service campground without trimmed grass and access to the nearest town is, no matter what you are sleeping in. However, bringing a TV or the internet is never camping. ;)

Additionally, camping is not (or should not be) about proving to the world/yourself/your friends/Bear "The Poseur" Grylls how rugged or manly or whatever you are. It is just fun (unless you're me, and then it's work). If it pours all day, and everything is wet, there is no shame in going home/to a motel, because camping in the rain sucks ass.

IMO, only people who don't know how to camp:
shout all night
have more marble in their RV than in my rock collection
leave their shit out all night
litter
cut some fresh wood to attempt to make a fire with
bring yapping shitface dogs
are there to "commune with nature"
think they're so hardcore for doing any of the above
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Quote from: 68_427 on July 20, 2010, 01:15:51 PM
Hotel = Camping

Everyone's perception of camping is that it's not real camping unless your doing that bear grills thing or whatever his name is.

That's not camping; it's retarded.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

BimmerM3

Quote from: omicron on July 27, 2010, 10:26:19 PM
I love this.

I figured you would. I believe it exists in t-shirt format, just in case you want to wear it.

http://www.bustedtees.com/outdoorsy

omicron

Quote from: BimmerM3 on July 28, 2010, 12:19:50 AM
I figured you would. I believe it exists in t-shirt format, just in case you want to wear it.

http://www.bustedtees.com/outdoorsy

Egads, and the model has a big nose, too! There is a degree of fate here.