MazdaSpeed6 ?

Started by TBR, September 05, 2005, 11:26:39 AM

TBR

Has anyone done a full test on the Mazdaspeed6?

And, to make this post more interesting:

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

BMWDave

I think Automobile tested it.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Thanks, can you summarize it for me? (it isn't on the web yet)

BMWDave

QuoteThanks, can you summarize it for me? (it isn't on the web yet)
I remember hearing that they testdrove it, but I didnt read any such article.  If I did, I would summarize it for you, but I cant do that at the moment.

2007 Honda S2000

MX793

All I've seen are preview test drives, no real tests of the car.  Basically, Mazda invited the press to a "test day" where they let them each have a couple of laps, but there was no quantitative data collected (i.e. 0-60, skidpad, 1/4 mile, etc).
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

TBR

Yeah, C/D and R&T had previews of the Mazdaspeed6 3-4 months ago, but I am interested in knowing how the car drives off the track.

Raza

I see this as being a more grown up WRX alternative, but nothing really too special performance-wise.  The Legacy might be a better bet.  

But I can't wait to see some real data.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

Raghavan

Quote274 hp>250 hp ;) :lol:
Real AWD > FWD based AWD  ;)  :lol:  

Raza

Quote274 hp>250 hp ;) :lol:
But when the B spec comes out, the handling problems fixed...

You'd also think 298>255, but the 330i is one hell of a feisty son of a bitch in a race with the G35.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

Good point there, but the Mazaspeed6 also has an extra gear.

Raza

QuoteGood point there, but the Mazaspeed6 also has an extra gear.
Hmm, a six speed.  

That throws spanners into my evaluation, doesn't it?  Maybe Subaru will bump the power on the Legacy and make me happy.  Then again, maybe the MS6 will just rock.  

Legacy still looks better, I think.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

I'll agree with that :)

CaseyNPham

I'll disagree. When you turn on a Subaru, it doesn't go zoom-zoom ^_^
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

mazda6er

QuoteI'll disagree. When you turn on a Subaru, it doesn't go zoom-zoom ^_^
:praise:  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raghavan

:rolleyes:  

mazda6er

:angry:  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raghavan

:angry:

mazda6er

:angry: :angry: :angry: :really f*cking angry:
--Mark

Raghavan

Quote:angry: :angry: :angry: :really f*cking angry:
YOUR CAR IS A FWD POS!!! :devil:

mazda6er

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  So is your car! oh, wait... :praise:

j/k  :lol:   You don't really think my car is a POS do you?  :(  Just because it's FWD?  :angry:  :(  
--Mark

Raghavan

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  So is your car! oh, wait... :praise:

j/k  :lol:   You don't really think my car is a POS do you?  :(  Just because it's FWD?  :angry:  :(
I think it's a really nice looking car that's a little bit of a POS because it's FWD... :lol:  

giant_mtb

That's very ignorant of you...as usual, Rag.  <_<  

mazda6er

QuoteI think it's a really nice looking car that's a little bit of a POS because it's FWD... :lol:
Well that's ok then.   B)  :lol:  
--Mark

mazda6er

QuoteThat's very ignorant of you...as usual, Rag.  <_<
I'm not offended by that really, he probably considers the TL a POS too.  :lol:  As long as the only thing he's got against it is FWD.
--Mark

giant_mtb

I'm not offended by that really, he probably considers the TL a POS too.  :lol:  As long as the only thing he's got against it is FWD.
Until he's had true experience with something...he can't really call it a POS just because of it's drive-type.

mazda6er

QuoteThat's very ignorant of you...as usual, Rag.? <_<
Until he's had true experience with something...he can't really call it a POS just because of it's drive-type.
I know, but what else can we expect from him?  
--Mark

giant_mtb

I know, but what else can we expect from him?
Good point...