The Official MX-5 Miata Thread

Started by Onslaught, September 09, 2010, 01:35:50 PM

Rich

The HotRod will be tackling Brands Hatch Indy Circuit tomorrow evening for a bit.
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Onslaught

Just saw on car and drivers Facebook page that the ND miata will be shown in the US and Japan on September 3. Hope it looks as good as other current Mazda's.

Raza

Quote from: Onslaught on July 03, 2014, 09:41:08 AM
Just saw on car and drivers Facebook page that the ND miata will be shown in the US and Japan on September 3. Hope it looks as good as other current Mazda's.

My guess is that it will look like a convertible Mazda3.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Rich

I hope it's tuned to a torque curve that doesn't taper off.
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Catman

Wouldn't mind if it was a bit more aggressive looking.

SVT666

It's too big and too heavy.   :lol:

Catman

Quote from: SVT666 on July 03, 2014, 08:25:55 PM
It's too big and too heavy.   :lol:

It will be too big, no question.

12,000 RPM

Im tentative. I will forgive the turbo if they make good on their promises of lightness and it's up the the current lineup's aesthetic standards. Plus Ferrari has shown 4x cylinder engines can sound decent and pull to redline nicely.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

68_427

According to my insider it'll weigh about 2000lbs.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

SVT666

Payman

Quote from: 68_427 on July 04, 2014, 09:57:55 AM
According to my insider it'll weigh about 2000lbs.

That's lighter than the NA. I suspect it'll be a more realistic 2300.

Payman

If this is indeed what it sounds like, I will have one.

#LongLiveTheRoadster | Mazda USA

FlatBlackCaddy

I think I have a buyer for my NB, probably be back next week to get it. Also likely the Z will be gone.

With no more fun cars in the stable, this new ND is really pulling at me. I'll try to resist, but if it looks great, sounds great I may just have one.

SVT666

Quote from: Rockraven on July 04, 2014, 10:18:45 AM
If this is indeed what it sounds like, I will have one.

#LongLiveTheRoadster | Mazda USA
If it looks like the rendering we saw a little while back and sounds like that, even I might be interested.

Payman

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on July 04, 2014, 10:35:54 AM
I think I have a buyer for my NB, probably be back next week to get it. Also likely the Z will be gone.

With no more fun cars in the stable, this new ND is really pulling at me. I'll try to resist, but if it looks great, sounds great I may just have one.

Benn away working in BC, so I still have my NA. That and retarded offers. Anyways, I plan to wait a year until the dust and dealership markups recede, and I think I'm going to make the plunge. Not sure if Mazda or Fiat yet... depends on styling and engine. I would love a Fiat Spider that sounds like the 500 Abarth. The Fiat dealership happens to be much closer to me than the Mazda one.

SVT666

Catman

Quote from: SVT666 on July 04, 2014, 10:50:23 AM
If it looks like the rendering we saw a little while back and sounds like that, even I might be interested.

+1

Payman

Quote from: SVT666 on July 04, 2014, 03:37:17 PM
Where were you in BC?

Abbotsford. Might be going back in a few weeks.

Onslaught

Quote from: SVT666 on July 04, 2014, 10:50:23 AM
It's possible I'd be interested in it too. But I doubt they make something aggressive looking and I can't fault them for it. The others have been "cute" and look how well that's turned out for them. Could be dangerous fucking with what works.

Payman

Quote from: Onslaught on July 04, 2014, 04:55:29 PM
It's possible I'd be interested in it too. But I doubt they make something aggressive looking and I can't fault them for it. The others have been "cute" and look how well that's turned out for them. Could be dangerous fucking with what works.

If it ends up looking like this, it'll work just fine.

68_427

That obviously started as an 8C convertible.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Payman

Quote from: 68_427 on July 04, 2014, 05:09:00 PM
That obviously started as an 8C convertible.

Kevin?

No way. The only way you could say that is because of the side vents, which apparently both cars will have, due to Alfa wanting it. Ironically, the Italian version will most likely be a Fiat instead.

Payman

Onslaught

Those finder vents are off a 09+ RX-8. The oil coolers on the front bumper are very similar to the R3 RX-8 stuff too.

Payman

Quote from: Onslaught on July 04, 2014, 05:44:07 PM
Those finder vents are off a 09+ RX-8. The oil coolers on the front bumper are very similar to the R3 RX-8 stuff too.

Similar, but slightly different size and shape. The front of the render has a lot of RX-8 cues, and that's not a bad thing. Kind of a cross between new Mazda3 and last RX-8. Works for me if that's the case.

12,000 RPM

Photoshopped renderings are about as useful as group photos on dating profiles. "It will definitely have 4 wheels, WITH tires."
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Payman

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on July 04, 2014, 06:07:38 PM
Photoshopped renderings are about as useful as group photos on dating profiles. "It will definitely have 4 wheels, WITH tires."

I know, but they tend to get pretty accurate closer to the actual reveal date (Corvette, Mustang, etc).

Catman

Quote from: Rockraven on July 04, 2014, 05:17:08 PM

That looks decent.  I bet it will look better though.

Payman

Quote from: Catman on July 04, 2014, 06:25:03 PM
That looks decent.  I bet it will look better though.

Can't wait for September. This is like waiting all last summer for Rush to come out.  :lol: