Top Gear thread

Started by Mustangfan2003, November 17, 2010, 09:32:40 PM

Mustangfan2003

Oh by the way when I used to work at a parts store there was this guy that was a regular that drove a Fiero like that, he looked a little like Charles Manson  :lol:

hotrodalex

Quote from: hotrodalex on December 19, 2010, 08:39:15 PM
Poor Cutlass. Dents and Coke all over the place. :(

And eggs and filled with water!  :cry:

Mustangfan2003

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

hotrodalex

The show definitely needs music. It sounds kind of unfinished without it. Other than that it's getting pretty good.

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: hotrodalex on December 19, 2010, 09:05:25 PM
The show definitely needs music. It sounds kind of unfinished without it. Other than that it's getting pretty good.

+ and the Stig also needs to listen to something while driving.  Morris code, language cd's or something. 

giant_mtb

Middle_Path

That actually was a pretty good episode. I didn't like the previous ones, but I enjoyed this one.
You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!!

ChrisV

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on December 19, 2010, 08:27:11 PM
I think they can do without the news segment. 

I'd actually rather see them drop the big star, small car part and replace it with the news. Since it's only 46 minutes long vs most of the full hour the UK guys get, the shorter time would be better served with that news spot for banter and cut downs between them (the news segment with the "electric lamborghini" was better than any "big star, small car") The interviews on "big star, small car" are often as painful to watch as the UK original "star in a reasopnably priced car" segment.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: ChrisV on December 20, 2010, 03:02:03 PM
I'd actually rather see them drop the big star, small car part and replace it with the news. Since it's only 46 minutes long vs most of the full hour the UK guys get, the shorter time would be better served with that news spot for banter and cut downs between them (the news segment with the "electric lamborghini" was better than any "big star, small car") The interviews on "big star, small car" are often as painful to watch as the UK original "star in a reasopnably priced car" segment.

Good call, or at least not have a big star in a small car for every episode. It would probably be a little easier for them also. I absolutely want to see Tom Cruise on there at some point.

Mustangfan2003

Yeah I think maybe have a star on every other episode.  It would've been nice to be able to see the Stig to take a car out to the test track on the last episode. 

Mustangfan2003

Oh yeah I think next weeks Key West episode should be good even though I would think the plane will win. 

TBR

Pretty solid episode.

Shame about the Roadmaster and Fiero, both looked to be pretty mint.

SVT666

Even though it was a total and complete ripoff of the British Leyland episode, it was good.  I like last week's episode better though since it was a little more unique.

Mustangfan2003

Good thing they didn't do a Chrysler show, I think it might have made Wimmer cry. 

SVT666

Don't forget that the British Top Gear has the Iraq Special on tomorrow night.  Should be on Streetfire.net on Wednesday.

Mustangfan2003

I wished BBC American wasn't so behind. 

MrH

That episode was atrocious.

I don't think I can take anymore of the fat guy just screaming the word awesome.  He's got the descriptive vocabulary of 10 year old seeing tits for the first time.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

CJ

Where can you see the episodes online?

hotrodalex

history.com usually has the latest one. Other than that, you'll probably have to torrent them.

SVT666

the Teuton

Quote from: MrH on December 21, 2010, 12:00:43 AM
That episode was atrocious.

I don't think I can take anymore of the fat guy just screaming the word awesome.  He's got the descriptive vocabulary of 10 year old seeing tits for the first time.

None of them are that great.

"Verb adverb noun! Noun verb, adverb predicate! Random analogy! Random metaphor!"

I swear, Seth MacFarland is a writer for this series. That said, they didn't have much narration in this episode, but it was a lot better. They also didn't have much purpose behind all of the challenges, either.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Colin

Quote from: SVT666 on December 20, 2010, 10:53:14 PM
Don't forget that the British Top Gear has the Iraq Special on tomorrow night.  Should be on Streetfire.net on Wednesday.
Nah - it is broadcast this coming Sunday. Last night was the first of the new series - major feature was the drive of the SLS AMG, 458 Italia and 911 GT3 RS from the Blue Ridge Parkway to Manhattan, with some Christmas larks around some naff motoring themed presents and Danny Boyle in the reasonably priced brown Cee'd. Not a bad episode.

Colonel Cadillac

I thought Rutledge was funny in that episode. He got a Roadmaster wagon!

SVT666

Quote from: Colin on December 21, 2010, 11:02:20 PM
Nah - it is broadcast this coming Sunday. Last night was the first of the new series - major feature was the drive of the SLS AMG, 458 Italia and 911 GT3 RS from the Blue Ridge Parkway to Manhattan, with some Christmas larks around some naff motoring themed presents and Danny Boyle in the reasonably priced brown Cee'd. Not a bad episode.
That was a great episode.

L. ed foote

Quote from: The Pirate on December 18, 2010, 07:35:21 PM
Yeah, that was a very Clarkson-esque vibe that Tanner gave off (and a good thing).  I do want to like Rutledge, but his lines seem a bit forced.  He's getting a lot better with each episode, and the show is still something that I look forward to each week.  The segment where they are sitting around the fire with the moonshine was simply fantastic.

I also laughed at Rutledge running around with bottles of moonshine, as well as Ferrara beating the hell out of his Coupe de Ville
Member, Self Preservation Society

hotrodalex

Quote from: SVT666 on December 22, 2010, 01:19:24 AM
That was a great episode.

I agree. Though it made the US version look worse, as it shows what an incredibly "finished" show the UK version is and how far the US version has to go.

MaxPower

The US hosts were on the Tonight Show last week.  Rutledge had some pretty funny jokes.  http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/top-gear-hosts/1265642/

I like the US version for what it is.  I hope that it continues for a while and doesn't succumb to the constant comparisons to TGUK that will probably bring it down.

hotrodalex

Quote from: MaxPower on December 24, 2010, 01:22:29 PM
The US hosts were on the Tonight Show last week.  Rutledge had some pretty funny jokes.  http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/top-gear-hosts/1265642/

Who's the random dude on the end? :huh:

QuoteI like the US version for what it is.  I hope that it continues for a while and doesn't succumb to the constant comparisons to TGUK that will probably bring it down.

:hesaid: