Sports/Sporty cars at work (or school)

Started by mazda6er, September 12, 2005, 05:27:23 PM

mazda6er

Alright, you guys all now what I'm talking about, those bastards in the parking lot at work or school with a very nice ride.   :angry:   :lol:  What sweet sporty/sports cars do you see in the lot of your workplace or school everyday?

As for me:

back in H.S. -> Lexus IS, Hummer H2 (not really sports cars, but worth mention for a H.S. lot) and some teacher had a Z3

work (grocery store) -> SRT-4, 5-series (still haven't found out who has that)

college (R.I.T.) -> a few 350Zs, a few Corvettes, a Viper, a Porsche 944, and a whole slew of luxury sport sedans.

Now post yours.  :)  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Fire It Up

My old middle school teachers...

S2000
S2000
C5 Vette
Z3
Z3

High school teachers...
Older (better looking) 7 Series

Students:
Red restored 69 Stingray (well, now the guys outta high school)
Custom Tahoe

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

ifcar

Nice things in the parking lot? Not much to speak of, a current-gen S430, a 1970s Seville, a Z4, occasionally an old Triumph.  

MX793

High school - really, the only car I can remember lusting over in high school was a red Porsche 944 that belonged to a guy who lived on my street.

Work - everyone I work with drives pickup trucks.  I'm not really a pickup truck person.

College - Many many nice cars at college.  350Zs, G35s, BMW 3 series, WRX STi, Lancer Evo, Golf R32, Corvette, RSXs, A4s, at least one M3, Saab 9-3s, and there used to be a kid around with a Jag XK8

Those are just the sportier cars, though.  There are quite a few luxury sedans and SUVs running around my school.  Given the amount of snow, SUVs are really popular.  Lexus RXs, BMW X5s, an Audi A8, Infiniti FXs, Hummers (a couple of H2s and I swear I saw an H1 last year).
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

mazda6er

Forgot to mention, the dean has an XJ.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raghavan

Audi A8l, New Beetle Cabrio (don't see many new cars), MK1 MR2, Integra GS-R, lots of nice E30 3ers, and a Nismo S-tune Z.

Raza

Back in the day, there was my E320, two Corvettes (one coupe, one vert, both automatics  :rolleyes: ), a sweet five speed Mustang GT (low 13s quarter), but that's about it.  Endless Lexus SUVs, and higher end Toyotas and Hondas.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Fire It Up

Oh, my old elementary school principal has a porsche 944.

BMWDave

BMW M3 Competition Package, BMW 330ci Performance package, then your run of the mill cars, with some Lexus and MBs thrown in.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

El Barto

My 6th grade teacher owned a Jag E-type   :rockon:

High school:
C4 vette
new (at the time, prob a 2004) Mustang
My friends lowered 3 series (which he sold, then he bought a G20)
friend's 240sx
tech teacher's 330i

college:
M3
couple of RX7's
MR2 turbo
my friend's 240sx (yes, the same one)
not much else, just a bunch of ricers

Work:
a silver 3rd gen maxima  B)
nobody there has any nice cars, my boss drives a Jeep Liberty, the other shift super drives a beat up old camry, 2 of the pharmacists drive SUVs (CRV and Pathfinder), the other pharmacist drives a Pontiac Sunfire, and one of the photo lab techs has an olds bravada.  Most of the part-timers there are in high shool and walk/bike or get rides from there parents.    <_<

:edit: I just remembered that our new district manager has a mid 90's Benz SL   B)  
2016 Volkswagen GTI (Aug 2015 - Present)
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg (Aug 2011 - Aug 2015)
2003 Saab 9-3 2.0t (Oct 2007 - Aug 2011)
1990 Nissan Maxima SE (July 2003 - Oct 2007)

TBR

Why is a pharmacist driving a Sunfire? They make like $100k a year.

El Barto

QuoteWhy is a pharmacist driving a Sunfire? They make like $100k a year.
I have no idea.  For people that are payed a crap load of money they drive 3 boring cars. The sunfire is the worst, its bright yellow   :blink:  
2016 Volkswagen GTI (Aug 2015 - Present)
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg (Aug 2011 - Aug 2015)
2003 Saab 9-3 2.0t (Oct 2007 - Aug 2011)
1990 Nissan Maxima SE (July 2003 - Oct 2007)

Tom

Because everyone knows you need to make 250k a year to have a nice car.

ifcar

That would imply that they would rather spend their money on something else, or save it. Not everyone needs to or even wants to flaunt their income in what they drive.  

Champ

That would imply that they would rather spend their money on something else, or save it. Not everyone needs to or even wants to flaunt their income in what they drive.
My parents (mom) is like this.  She drives a $3,000 1997 saab but there are a few houses on the lake (small pond) we are on that are selling for 1.5-2.5M.

jadewolf123

High School- Range Rovers
Hummers
3ers
5er
7er
C, E, CLK, SLK, G, M Classes
Lexuses of all shapes and kinds, Asians mostly
3rd Gen Maxima in sweet condition
Crappy Cars
Nice Cars
Porsche 911s, and Boxsters, and a single Cayenne Turbo

Stupid Hinsdale

College-
Everyone here either doesn't have a car or they have regular cars.
I saw a M3 that is at the frat down the street.
Some professors have some pretty sweet cars, my Bio teacher drives a Boxster S that's license says GOLGI
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

TBR

I understand that, but the Sunfire is pure crap, a Corolla isn't exactly pretentious or anything yet it is a much, much better car.

Raza

QuoteHigh School- Range Rovers
Hummers
3ers
5er
7er
Crappy Cars
Nice Cars

Stupid Hinsdale

College-
Some professors have some pretty sweet cars, my Bio teacher drives a Boxster S that's license says GOLGI
As in the Golgi Apparatus of a cell?  What a nerd.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Speed_Racer

Wow...thanks for making this thread.

Nicest cars at my old highschool:
- WRX
- Audi A4
- BMW 3 series

At College
- BMW X5 4.4
- Boxster S
- Brand new 330i
- M-B of all sorts
- Escalade
- Escalade EXT
- Saleen Mustang (no lie)
- Audi A4
- 300C
- Land Rover Discos
- Range Rover Sports (2 of those)
- Cayennes
- Hummer H2
- M3's

Pretty much, it's rediculous. And these kids can't drive either. As in they drive like retards. Not to mention these cars are always dirty, because they don't take care of them (because they didn't buy them, of course).

It just bothers me to no end.

jadewolf123

QuoteHigh School- Range Rovers
Hummers
3ers
5er
7er
Crappy Cars
Nice Cars

Stupid Hinsdale

College-
As in the Golgi Apparatus of a cell?  What a nerd.
Shoot to driver a Boxster S I'll put Endoplasmic Reticlulum on my ass.
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

mazda6er

:lol:  Were did I hear that from?
--Mark

mazda6er

I have no idea.  For people that are payed a crap load of money they drive 3 boring cars. The sunfire is the worst, its bright yellow   :blink:
Clearly they thought it was a "sports" car. :rolleyes: I'm really not joking.  
--Mark

mazda6er

QuoteWow...thanks for making this thread.
Glad to be of service dude.  :praise:  
--Mark

ifcar

I understand that, but the Sunfire is pure crap, a Corolla isn't exactly pretentious or anything yet it is a much, much better car.
A Sunfire is much cheaper, especially used vs. used, and the pre-2003 versions were never very good at much more than fuel economy and durability.  

ifcar

Raza.  

Raza

Ha ha...If you make 250K a year you can surely buy a very nice car.  If you make 100K a year, I bet you won't drive a 90K car.  Make fun, but don't come to me when your paycheck can't cover your expenses.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Fire It Up

Ha ha...If you make 250K a year you can surely buy a very nice car.  If you make 100K a year, I bet you won't drive a 90K car.
i can vouch for that

footoflead

Umm,
H2 :rolleyes:
stingray-not is such good shape but its alright
'02 stang (my temp. school commuter) :praise:
'75 fastback mustang (graduated)
'fugly corvette that has been raped
'05 mustang (green :rolleyes: )
i'll look as i go in tomorrow see if i see any thing else
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

mazda6er

Ha ha...If you make 250K a year you can surely buy a very nice car.  If you make 100K a year, I bet you won't drive a 90K car.  Make fun, but don't come to me when your paycheck can't cover your expenses.
Where'd you get the idea that I want a freakin' AMG or something? Right now I'm only considering low-rung sports cars (i.e. 350Z, Mustang) and entry-level lux sedans(i.e. TSX, 325i). 90% of the people in America could "afford" those cars, and I should be making enough to do so comfortably. If I'm not, then my plans will be adjusted, that's the way it goes. Surely as an auto-enthusiast and someone of a less-than-plebian background you don't see yourself driving an econocar, right?  <_<  
--Mark

Raza

Where'd you get the idea that I want a freakin' AMG or something? Right now I'm only considering low-rung sports cars (i.e. 350Z, Mustang) and entry-level lux sedans(i.e. TSX, 325i). 90% of the people in America could "afford" those cars, and I should be making enough to do so comfortably. If I'm not, then my plans will be adjusted, that's the way it goes. Surely as an auto-enthusiast and someone of a less-than-plebian background you don't see yourself driving an econocar, right?  <_<
Roughly,  you could spend about half your gross annual income on a car, not more, unless you have other savings/investments/other forms of income.  And if you think 90% of America can afford those cars, you better tell that the millions of people who make 10-15K a year.  

No, I don't see myself driving an econocar, unless it's a fun econocar, and I used it as a daily driver.  Then again, my first car was a new E320.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i