headlight bulbs

Started by hounddog, January 07, 2011, 02:53:24 PM

S204STi

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on June 01, 2012, 03:03:39 PM
ME TOO!  :lol:

Yeah, I was only giving you shit for the 6000k bulbs, honestly. :lol:  4300k feels perfect to my eyes, but whatsoever floatest thine boat.

Also, no lens flares or other shit that I can tell with the existing projectors, so I feel good about not bothering other motorists any more than usual with this sort of output.  I know it's going to bug some people either way, a lot of motorists hate oncoming Xenon HIDs.  To me they're part of the normal landscape at night now, so it's not a bother.

Gotta-Qik-C7

True! Have you seen how bright the HIDs are in The Cadillac DTS? They're projectors but they throw light everywhere!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

S204STi

:lol:

When I get the projectors retrofitted I'll feel less guilty about it.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on June 01, 2012, 03:11:33 PM
True! Have you seen how bright the HIDs are in The Cadillac DTS? They're projectors but they throw light everywhere!

Yes.  Those things are SO fucking bright that I'm not even sure how they're legal.  On more than one occasion have I flashed some super-bright, oncoming HIDs, only to be returned with an even brighter flash back...then once they've gone by, I see the unmistakable line of LEDs going up the rear.  Yup, there goes another DTS.