2o6's Focus!

Started by 2o6, May 24, 2011, 11:51:23 AM

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Laconian

Quote from: cawimmer430 on June 15, 2011, 11:17:28 AM

Is this better?  :lol:

You need to dial down the saturation and shift the hue to blue to match the surrounding scene, Mr. Art School!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

2o6

At least do a levels adjustment on the original photo.

cawimmer430

Quote from: 2o6 on June 15, 2011, 12:19:43 PM
At least do a levels adjustment on the original photo.

Send me the RAW file (if you have one) and I can correct it. This poor quality JPEG has to little information to do a proper color correction on it.

Oh, and check the White Balance settings on your camera.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

2o6

Twenty minutes later (mostly due to my inability to read) parking brake is fixed.

It just needed to be adjusted. Adjustment bolt is underneath the parking brake boot inside the cabin.

sportyaccordy

How is this thing treatin ya kid

2o6

Aside from a bad mechanic screwing up brake shoes, me needing new tires real soon, and the rear springs being broken, quite well.

I've put 3500 miles on it, with no problem.

2o6

145K check in

- Fuel economy is still good.

- Rear springs are broken at the top, or so I am told by a shady mechanic. Two other mechanics looked at my car and said nothing (when I was getting the brakes checked out) There is a slight knocking at the back, and the car does feel a bit odd over bumps, so there probably is some spring or shock issue at the back. I'm going to get the SVT kit, so that will solve all suspension issues. Might do the front myself, it looks pretty simple.

- I wish I had a 6th gear. 3200RPM at 75 isn't terrible, and by modern car standards, it's actually really good, but I wish I had another gear.

- I will need tires very soon.

- I never sent the previous owner's plates back. Oh well. He doesn't need them.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on July 27, 2011, 11:11:52 AM
145K check in

- Fuel economy is still good.

- Rear springs are broken at the top, or so I am told by a shady mechanic. Two other mechanics looked at my car and said nothing (when I was getting the brakes checked out) There is a slight knocking at the back, and the car does feel a bit odd over bumps, so there probably is some spring or shock issue at the back. I'm going to get the SVT kit, so that will solve all suspension issues. Might do the front myself, it looks pretty simple.

- I wish I had a 6th gear. 3200RPM at 75 isn't terrible, and by modern car standards, it's actually really good, but I wish I had another gear.

- I will need tires very soon.

- I never sent the previous owner's plates back. Oh well. He doesn't need them.

I hate you people!!!! :lockedup:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

2o6

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 26, 2011, 02:27:34 PM
Good. It's a waste of money unless you are a bad driver.

Now, you need to make a race Focus.

Get things

I bought it today! $300 dollars later and a quick 15 minute drive to the Summit Racing store, the box was in my car (it's really small, it fit in my trunk) and I was on my way home.

SVT_Power

I had the SVTF front brakes on my car. I had those babies smoking too  :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

2o6

Next project: Paint.

Talked to a local auto paint supply place; for about $30, he'll sell me a metal etching/primer solution and an aerosol can of matching paint.

Time and money are my enemies, though. November is on it's way....and I still need tires and (possibly) wheels.

cawimmer430

Quote from: 2o6 on July 27, 2011, 11:11:52 AM

The BMW 118i has a 6-speed automatic and at 140 km/h (75 mph) the engine and wind noises are still so loud you can't hear any shit on the radio. I have to jack up the volume big time to hear anything and over longer periods this hurts my ears.

At cruising speed of 130 km/h the engine and wind noises are relatively quiet but that speed is low. I generally like to cruise between 150-170 km/h.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

2o6

Repost from the thread in "The Garage" but I made the rust spots disappear.

Before:

After:

I'm very pleased with the outcome.

Eye of the Tiger

Repost from the thread in "The Garage" but I still want to know WTF is this shit?

2o6

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on October 05, 2011, 12:12:00 PM
Repost from the thread in "The Garage" but I still want to know WTF is this shit?

Made the car look a little better.

SVT666

Looks good.  Did I read back in the thread that you bought the SVT suspension kit for it?  If so, don't be disappointed with the wheel gap you will still have because you won't be running the 17" SVT wheel package.  My car has the stock SVT suspension, but look how little wheel gap it has with the 17" wheel package.

2o6

I don't mind wheel gap. I bought the kit really because it was so cheap (cheaper at Summit Racing than the other place you were talking about, and Summit Racing is close to my house. I could take it home with me), and because my front struts are done, rear shocks are bad, and I have a broken spring.

I may go up a size to 16", but 17's seem a little big, especially since I will have all seasons and use them in the winter.

Secret Chimp

Where did you locate said phosphoric acid? I should probably use that junk in waggin's nooks and crannies prior to spraying on any kind of coating.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

2o6

Quote from: Secret Chimp on October 05, 2011, 12:24:11 PM
Where did you locate said phosphoric acid? I should probably use that junk in waggin's nooks and crannies prior to spraying on any kind of coating.

I used Ospho, and there's a local auto paint store that sold me about a pint or so for only $10. Then he mixed up an aerosol can of matching paint for $20.

SVT666

Quote from: 2o6 on October 05, 2011, 12:22:36 PM
I don't mind wheel gap. I bought the kit really because it was so cheap (cheaper at Summit Racing than the other place you were talking about, and Summit Racing is close to my house. I could take it home with me), and because my front struts are done, rear shocks are bad, and I have a broken spring.

I may go up a size to 16", but 17's seem a little big, especially since I will have all seasons and use them in the winter.
$5 cheaper, but you didn't have to pay shipping.  I use winter tires on 17" wheels, so 17" isn't too big.

2o6

Quote from: SVT666 on October 05, 2011, 12:30:33 PM
$5 cheaper, but you didn't have to pay shipping.  I use winter tires on 17" wheels, so 17" isn't too big.

It's not out of the question, but I think the 16's would ride better and have cheaper tires.

SVT666

Quote from: 2o6 on October 05, 2011, 12:32:20 PM
It's not out of the question, but I think the 16's would ride better and have cheaper tires.
Definitely cheaper tires, but the ride quality will be squishier in corners.  It rides a little rough, but it's nowhere near as rough as my buddy's 2005 Civic SiR.

2o6

What about these? They came from a Mystique, so they'll fit my car just fine. Not sure if I actually want those, though.

CJ

Tires are more expensive for larger wheels.  Stick with a set of 16s and you'll be golden.

Eye of the Tiger

15 inches is plenty of wheel for a Focus, IMNHO.

2o6

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on October 05, 2011, 02:38:51 PM
15 inches is plenty of wheel for a Focus, IMNHO.

The kit reccomends a wheel upgrade.

195/60/15's seem like too much sidewall now.

CJ

Quote from: 2o6 on October 05, 2011, 02:39:53 PM
The kit reccomends a wheel upgrade.

195/60/15's seem like too much sidewall now.

My car is lowered as well (More than your car, actually) and I have the stock size tires.  It'll be fine.

SVT666

Upgrade the wheels and tires and you'll notice an even bigger handling improvement.

Submariner

Quote from: 2o6 on October 05, 2011, 12:10:55 PM
Repost from the thread in "The Garage" but I made the rust spots disappear.

Before:

After:

I'm very pleased with the outcome.

That looks pretty damn good.

Nicely done. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550