2 seater in a 2 car family household?

Started by sportyaccordy, June 23, 2011, 12:44:49 PM

Onslaught

Quote from: MrH on June 23, 2011, 06:48:51 PM
Any woman who can't put up with me having two cars, isn't one I want to marry.  Sorry, comes with the territory of dating me.  I have two cars right now :huh:
If you make enough money to buy the cars and still give her the life she wants then it will work. But if you don't make enough money to give her the stuff she wants then it won't.

2o6

Quote from: sportyaccordy on June 23, 2011, 01:55:26 PM
Lol

3 cars could work. Sports car, family car, automatic spare. 3.5 4th gen Maxima.... w/the 6th gen 5AT... and Works Bell paddles... that would be pretty rad.

Are there any fun cheap automatic FWD cars? Volvo maybe?

S40 sucks.

Mazda 3.

2o6

Quote from: Onslaught on June 23, 2011, 07:20:35 PM
If you make enough money to buy the cars and still give her the life she wants then it will work. But if you don't make enough money to give her the stuff she wants then it won't.

If you let a woman dominate you, what kind of a man are you?

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Tave

Quote from: sportyaccordy on June 23, 2011, 06:55:58 PM
What does this have to do with what I said?

Certain things are inevitable. Onslaught was being half serious and half sarcastic, but he was right in that things will inevitably change once you marry a girl and start popping out little squirts.

Any woman who can't put up with me having two cars, isn't one I want to marry.  Sorry, comes with the territory of dating me.  I have two cars right now :huh:

I don't think you understand his point.

Quote from: 2o6 on June 23, 2011, 08:43:01 PM

Neither do you.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

2o6

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on June 23, 2011, 08:44:05 PM
Mazda 3 with an automatic sucks.

Regal GS.

Yeah, that sound awesome.

Even the new Verano with the likely 2.0T sounds nice.

Onslaught

Quote from: 2o6 on June 23, 2011, 08:43:01 PM
I don't let them dominate me. That's why I'm single.  ;)

But many men do let them.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on June 23, 2011, 08:46:06 PM
Yeah, that sound awesome.

Even the new Verano with the likely 2.0T sounds nice.

Does that really sound awesome? I don't think they sound awesome.

2o6

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on June 23, 2011, 08:54:08 PM
Does that really sound awesome? I don't think they sound awesome.

It's an Opel Astra for Buick.

Eye of the Tiger

2o6

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on June 23, 2011, 09:01:50 PM

Yup. Looks just like an Astra.

The new Regal GS makes 270HP from a 2.0L Turbo.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on June 23, 2011, 09:12:29 PM

The new Regal GS makes 270HP from a 2.0L Turbo.

Is that a 2012 model or something?

2o6

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on June 23, 2011, 09:24:32 PM
Yes.

It's not cheap, though. The criteria for this discussion is strictly fun cheap automatic FWD cars.

Vinsanity

MrH

You speak like you know this from experience.  I totally get it. Things change when you get married.  But I'm going to be a car dork regardless. Having two cars is not totally unreasonable.  I'm willing to make a ton of sacrifices. Handing in my keys to something fun isn't one of them.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

the Teuton

Quote from: MrH on June 23, 2011, 09:43:23 PM
You speak like you know this from experience.  I totally get it. Things change when you get married.  But I'm going to be a car dork regardless. Having two cars is not totally unreasonable.  I'm willing to make a ton of sacrifices. Handing in my keys to something fun isn't one of them.

Such is why sports sedans were created.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT666

I always find it amusing when people who have never been married speak about it as if they know what they're talking about.

SVT666

Quote from: Tave on June 23, 2011, 08:45:26 PM
Certain things are inevitable. Onslaught was being half serious and half sarcastic, but he was right in that things will inevitably change once you marry a girl and start popping out little squirts.

When we had my daughter, I voluntarily sold my Mustang so that I could have a vehicle more suited to having kids.  That's what marriage is about...compromise, from both parties.  My wife doesn't want to drive an SUV (she wants a Miata), but she drives an Explorer.  Both of us would love to drop 5 large on a holiday to Europe, but instead we go camping in our tent trailer.  I also wouldn't have it any other way if it meant not having kids.

SVT666

Any woman who can't put up with me having two cars, isn't one I want to marry.  Sorry, comes with the territory of dating me.  I have two cars right now :huh:
It's not when you get married, it's when the kids come and you need the extra money you are spending on your fun car for diapers.  That's when it changes.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: SVT666 on June 23, 2011, 10:32:17 PM
When we had my daughter, I voluntarily sold my Mustang so that I could have a vehicle more suited to having kids.  That's what marriage is about...compromise, from both parties.  My wife doesn't want to drive an SUV (she wants a Miata), but she drives an Explorer.  Both of us would love to drop 5 large on a holiday to Europe, but instead we go camping in our tent trailer.  I also wouldn't have it any other way if it meant not having kids.

I don't see what is so impossible about having a Mustang with a kid or two. It might not be easy, but people do it.

Laconian

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on June 23, 2011, 10:36:45 PM
I don't see what is so impossible about having a Mustang with a kid or two. It might not be easy, but people do it.
Have you seen the crazy car seats that the government forces people to buy? Those things are practically bigger than the cars themselves. I don't blame parents for wanting dedicated doors to shoehorn those monoliths in into their cars.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on June 23, 2011, 10:39:25 PM
Have you seen the crazy car seats that the government forces people to buy? Those things are practically bigger than the cars themselves. I don't blame parents for wanting dedicated doors to shoehorn those monoliths in into their cars.

They make them for race cars

SVT666

Car seats are so big that my wife had to sit in the back seat of our Olds Alero sedan because we had to slide the front passenger seat almost as far forward as it would go.

Laconian

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on June 23, 2011, 10:43:38 PM
They make them for race cars

Can I dress my babby up in logos from household brands, like he's  an officially sponsored pro pooper?

Laconian

Quote from: SVT666 on June 23, 2011, 11:48:25 PM
Car seats are so big that my wife had to sit in the back seat of our Olds Alero sedan because we had to slide the front passenger seat almost as far forward as it would go.
My friend's Fit actually turned out pretty well for baby duty. The doors have special hinges that allow the doors to be opened 90 degrees (maybe a little more???) It's insane.

Onslaught

That's why people don't do it. You see when you get older you won't put up with the shit you would as a young person. I know everyone of you guys thinks "that won't happen to me!" But it will. Trust me.
And unless you have the best wife in the world she won't put up with having to pull a kid in and out of a Mustang too. And I want you to trust me on this, if a wife isn't happy about something then you
won't be happy about it too.

I don't have a wife but I've been around long enough to know that this is true. I've had a girlfriend for 5-6 years and lived with her for 4 so I get the small version of this everyday.

As for some of the stuff I say, it's just to egg on some of the young people in here who have a little too rosy view relationships. While some of what I say is true, I blow it out of proportion. Just a little.

Tave

Quote from: SVT666 on June 23, 2011, 10:28:45 PM
I always find it amusing when people who have never been married speak about it as if they know what they're talking about.

Well it can't be that funny; you just confirmed what Onslaught and I were telling them! :huh: :lol:

I don't claim to be an expert on marriage, but I think I know a little bit more about it than some of these younger guys, given that I'm old enough to where I have a lot of married friends and a lot of friends with children. You learn some things about marriage from them that you never learned from your parents.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Onslaught

:hesaid:

I'm 37 and almost all my guy friends have been around me from the 4th grade on. I'm the last one without a wife and half of them have kids. They all still live down the road from me too and I see them every Friday. So I see and here what it's like. Some of it's good and some not so much. But take my long term relationships, talking with friends and my parents and being around people and I can say I have a good idea what it's like.

I'm sure I don't know it all. But I've got a better idea then some of the kids on this site.

sportyaccordy

Who is putting car seats in Mustangs? :wtf:

If you had a family hauler why would you ever take the car seats out of it? I don't understand. My parents switched them, but that was because for some reason up till about '95 my mom always had the smaller car, so when the family traveled w/my baby sister we would put the car seat in my dad's car. Would have made more sense for the family to have a minivan- which we eventually got. Now in the rare occasion that my family travels together, we all jump in the RX. My dad could easily have bought a sports car once we were in school.

Plus its not like each person would have to be limited to only one car. I have no probs driving a minivan, I'd hope my gf would embrace the joys of driving stick and enjoying driving as well. Yea things would change but you guys are taking things to unrealistic extremes.