Alright, it's time

Started by Rupert, October 02, 2005, 04:02:37 PM

Rupert

Now that I have a 4X4, I think I need to go use it. I don't know anyone else with a 4WD, so I think I'm gonna have to figure it out myself. There aren't any clubs that aren't mostly Jeeps anywhere near to me (that I know of). I live in Bellingham, WA (that's between Seattle and Canada). So, does anyone know of any good trails near to me? Even better, does anyone know of any good books that have trails nearish to me? Keep in mind that I have pretty much no experience, a midsize-large SUV, and no one to help pull me out.

I promise pics to anyone that helps me!
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Raghavan

Rupert

I did. Nothing that's not Jeep-y. I'm much larger than a Jeep.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

ifcar

Rupert

QuoteI'm much larger than a Jeep.
:o

http://weightwatchers.com/
Very funny, wiseguy. :lol:  

Tom

I don't have any experience in 4X4ing either, but I would find your trail, put in in 4WD, and start doing cool stuff.  There can't be much to it.

Raghavan

QuoteI'm much larger than a Jeep.
:o

http://weightwatchers.com/
Ifcar has some humor! :o  :lol:  :lol:  

TBR

It might be hard to find trails in the Northwest, that is where all of the tree huggers come from ;)

Run Away

What's wrong with hanging out with the Jeep guys? I'm sure they know some good spots.

Otherwise, I'd just start driving to work via the ditches or something.

Rupert

Well, I'm not worried about my abilities as a driver, I just know that I'm not ready to really test the truck's limits. The problem is mostly just finding where to go, and all the info I can find is for Jeeps (they say "For short wheelbase 4X4s only" or something to that effect). There aren't really any clubs in Bellingham, and I don't really have time for anything more interesting than a day of off-roading, including travel there and back.

Run Away

Well then, shorten your wheelbase. A sawsall is $30 a day at home depot.:P

Rupert

Man, you guys are such a big help! :rolleyes:

ifcar

You expected vast knowledge of 4X4 clubs in northern WA? <_<

You'll get more response at C/D. If pnwbeers is still active, I'd contact him, he does a fair bit of off-roading in an Xterra in Oregon.  

Rupert

Well, I was thinking someone here might live in the northwest and know a good book about the area... Doesn't pnwbeers post here too?

See, I figured I'd get a lot more crap at C/D, since there are a lot more stupid people over there. Guess I was wrong, eh? ;)

ifcar

Actually, I don't recall seeing pnw on either forum recently. But he hasn't been here since June, and has only 23 posts.

The only person I can think of on this forum who might be able to help is 93JC, but I doubt he knows your area too well.  

Rupert

Hmmm, actuallly, goo point.

I posted it on C/D and looked to see when pnwbeers posted last and it's today...

footoflead

QuoteHmmm, actuallly, goo point.

I posted it on C/D and looked to see when pnwbeers posted last and it's today...
Glad to see your actually going to use your suv was designed to do :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Tom

QuoteHmmm, actuallly, goo point.

Glad to see your actually going to use your suv was designed to do :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:
:rockon:  I want a Trooper :ph34r:  

Rupert

Wanna start a club?

"CarSPIN Trooper Club"

footoflead

QuoteWanna start a club?

"CarSPIN Trooper Club"
how bout..."CarSPIN's I (name) actually take my SUV off-road club...

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raghavan

QuoteActually, I don't recall seeing pnw on either forum recently. But he hasn't been here since June, and has only 23 posts.

The only person I can think of on this forum who might be able to help is 93JC, but I doubt he knows your area too well.
Please, he's Canadian. :rolleyes:  ;)  

footoflead

QuoteActually, I don't recall seeing pnw on either forum recently. But he hasn't been here since June, and has only 23 posts.

And your indian..so... :D

J/king  

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raghavan

J/king
Indian > Canadian. :praise:
;)  

Rupert

QuoteWanna start a club?

"CarSPIN Trooper Club"
how bout..."CarSPIN's I (name) actually take my SUV off-road club...
Well, it would help if I had done so more than once... ;)

Laconian

What the hell are you doing in Bellingham?

Secret Chimp and I live here already!

It's too crowded!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Laconian

I would check for something along the Mt. Baker highway, or near Lake Samish.

Do you mountain bike at all? Mt. Galbraith is a seriously fun course and it's pretty close to south Bellingham (near Lk. Padden).
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

SaltyDog

QuoteWanna start a club?

"CarSPIN Trooper Club"
My bad, I missed this post.  Sure, I'll join.  Afterall, Troopers rule.  If you put something in your sig I'll follow, seeing that you actually own one :D  

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

footoflead

J/king
Indian < Canadian. :praise:
;)
Thats better

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

so cal cookie

QuoteWanna start a club?

"CarSPIN Trooper Club"
My bad, I missed this post.  Sure, I'll join.  Afterall, Troopers rule.  If you put something in your sig I'll follow, seeing that you actually own one :D
If Troopers rule, then do Rodeos count as well?  :lol:  

Raghavan

J/king
Indian < Canadian. :praise:
;)
Thats better
HEY!!! :angry:  :angry:  <_<  :(
:lol: