Cut or uncut

Started by NomisR, October 10, 2011, 12:35:24 PM

What would you guys choose if you had a choice.

Cut
21 (75%)
Uncut
7 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 26

NomisR

It was one of the decisions we had to make at the hospital.  And from what they said, seems like over 40% of the boys today are released uncut.  And since we had no religious reasons to do so, we saved him from the pain. 

What would you guys choose if you had a choice, either yourself or your kid, doesn't matter.

GoCougs

The "religious" reasons were actually practical health reasons; namely, the spread of STDs and hygiene, both of which were profound issues in ancient times and still fairly big problems today.

Though not into judging other dudes like this, I think uncut looks deformed and grotesque, and the hygiene issues are very real. I've known a few guys born overseas that had it done after they came to the US in their adult years.

For myself, definitely choose yes. For a son, I'd have to think about it - I could go either way with advice that he should get it done when he's old enough to understand the benefits.

Raza

Cut, for the aforementioned hygiene reasons.  He's so young, his little mushy brain is never going to remember it. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Byteme

Ironic that this is posted in "Head to Head".   :lol:

There's an old joke about a guy working in the circumcism clinic.  Pay was advertised as a quarter an hour plus tips, with a chance to get a head.    :rolleyes:

In answer to the question.  CUT.

RomanChariot

My older sister chose not to have her boys cut but her second started having problems with infections and following the doctor's recommendation they had him cut when he was around 2 years old.

My wife and I decided to have our son cut to avoid that issue as well as to fit in better with societal norms.

Rupert

My understanding is that there is no longer much if any health reason to cut.

[reads above] ...

:huh:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Eye of the Tiger

Don't mutilate him unless he starts to have problems. It's dumb to just do it to everyone when most will never have problems.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

hotrodalex

What benefits are there to being uncut? Seems like cutting just gets rid of any potential problems without ruining anything much.

Raza

Quote from: hotrodalex on October 10, 2011, 01:49:10 PM
What benefits are there to being uncut? Seems like cutting just gets rid of any potential problems without ruining anything much.

The tip of your dick is more sensitive if you're uncut, if I remember correctly. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Raza  on October 10, 2011, 01:50:43 PM
The tip of your dick is more sensitive if you're uncut, if I remember correctly. 

Eh, he'll never know any different. :lol:

RomanChariot

Quote from: Rupert on October 10, 2011, 01:41:38 PM
My understanding is that there is no longer much if any health reason to cut.

[reads above] ...

:huh:

That is my understanding as well and that is the reason that my sister originally chose not to have her boys cut.  Unfortunately, it did turn into a problem for her second son.

I really don't have a strong opinion one way or the other.

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

68_427

Considering he's Asian you probably saved the doctor more trouble.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Lebowski

I'm cut, but would probably go uncut if I had the choice.

Cookie Monster

I'm uncut and have never had any problems. :huh:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

NomisR

Quote from: GoCougs on October 10, 2011, 12:47:55 PM
The "religious" reasons were actually practical health reasons; namely, the spread of STDs and hygiene, both of which were profound issues in ancient times and still fairly big problems today.

Though not into judging other dudes like this, I think uncut looks deformed and grotesque, and the hygiene issues are very real. I've known a few guys born overseas that had it done after they came to the US in their adult years.

For myself, definitely choose yes. For a son, I'd have to think about it - I could go either way with advice that he should get it done when he's old enough to understand the benefits.

I don't really stare at men's penises like you do so I wouldn't really think much about how "grotesque" a natural piece of human flesh that every man has when they're born would look. 

NomisR

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on October 10, 2011, 01:43:06 PM
Don't mutilate him unless he starts to have problems. It's dumb to just do it to everyone when most will never have problems.

That's my thought too. 

And I guess it's not as big of a societal norm today as it was before, considering only little over half of the baby boys today have them cut. 

Laconian

I wish I was uncut. Zero chafing issues and it makes it easier to have fun by yourself.

Cut guys: have you ever gone bicycling in boxers before? I have. The end result is not pretty.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on October 10, 2011, 03:15:31 PM
I wish I was uncut. Zero chafing issues and it makes it easier to have fun by yourself.

Cut guys: have you ever gone bicycling in boxers before? I have. The end result is not pretty.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I hate biking, and walking, and existing. I want my penis back.

NomisR

Quote from: Laconian on October 10, 2011, 03:15:31 PM

God created foreskins for a reason.  :lol:

Onslaught

All the girls I know liked them cut. Some I'm happy to be cut.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Onslaught on October 10, 2011, 03:23:15 PM

Girls don't even know what they like.

mzziaz

Quote from: Onslaught on October 10, 2011, 03:23:15 PM

That's because your girls haven't tried me :lol:

Uncut, oc.

Civilized societies don't do genital mutilation.
Cuore Sportivo

shp4man

Payman

GoCougs

Quote from: Raza  on October 10, 2011, 01:50:43 PM

Unless you've built up callouses or scar tissue, I would disagree.

GoCougs

Quote from: mzziaz on October 10, 2011, 03:35:00 PM
Civilized societies don't do genital mutilation.

Jealous, and stinky.

GoCougs

Quote from: NomisR on October 10, 2011, 03:10:17 PM
I don't really stare at men's penises like you do so I wouldn't really think much about how "grotesque" a natural piece of human flesh that every man has when they're born would look. 

I find it nauseating.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: GoCougs on October 10, 2011, 06:54:43 PM
Unless you've built up callouses or scar tissue, I would disagree.

You don't know dick about dicks. You'll disagree with anything just to be a troll.

The Pirate

Cut.  For reasons already stated.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.