Too lazy to (use non functional) search. Star Trek?

Started by sportyaccordy, January 17, 2012, 10:09:57 AM

What is your favorite Star Trek

Original Series
2 (10%)
Cartoon (???)
0 (0%)
The Next Generation
10 (50%)
Deep Space Nine
2 (10%)
Voyager
5 (25%)
Enterprise
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Galaxy

Quote from: Laconian on January 18, 2012, 02:58:13 PM
Except the animated series. Does that even count?

To be honest episodes from the animated series are the only ones I am missing as well. I saw two. So I will it does not count.  :lol:

Onslaught

Quote from: hounddog on January 18, 2012, 02:12:27 PM
I have often wondered why Picard would send Worf to protect this or that person when he had the ultimate body guard in Data. 

Like sending a boy to do a mans job.

Picard did not recognize talent when he saw it.

Janeway wins.
Janeway? Janeway?!!! She can sit at the same ready room table as Picard. That over emotional,technobabble spewing, time travel using (in ever show) bitch isn't half the leader Picard is. Or even Sisko.

And Picard sends Worf because that's his JOB.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Onslaught on January 18, 2012, 03:17:04 PM
Janeway? Janeway?!!! She can sit at the same ready room table as Picard. That over emotional,technobabble spewing, time travel using (in ever show) bitch isn't half the leader Picard is. Or even Sisko.

Yes, Janeway. She wins everything.

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Onslaught

Janeway is number 3 at best. And I'd probablykick her to number 4 and take Kirk over her even if I HATE William Shatner.

Laconian

Let's just all make up and agree that Scott Bakula was a crappy captain.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

sportyaccordy

cawimmer430

Quote from: Galaxy on January 18, 2012, 03:01:56 PM
Yes, but that did not show in the stories. The only one that comes to mind is one of the very early episodes where they mine that nebula (that turns out to be a life form)  for energy.

I think my biggest problem was the fact that they never ran out of...

1) Shuttles

2) Photon torpedoes

Even some fans commented on this. And I agree that there was a lot of "magic reset button" for Voyager. Overall, with the exception of a few episodes, I liked Voyager mostly because of the good CGI effects, interesting aliens and the fact that the Delta Quadrant was unexplored and potentially hostile territory.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

hounddog

Quote from: Onslaught on January 18, 2012, 03:17:04 PM

Which is why he loses.  He put his second best into the starting spot.

You never put your second best in the starting role, unless, you cannot judge talent. 

If that is the case, Janeway wins.  Simple personnel management.  :huh:
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

Northlands

ST NG #1 for me.

2. DS9.

Voyager dead fucking last.

I hated the cook, and Janeway got lost chasing a bunch of bandits! Then she blasts the only thing that could have sent her back to her home quadrant ( the Kazon probe )!  WEAK! 

The show was in need of an audience, so they thought " Hey! Let's add some awesome boobs! "  ( Best move for the show btw  :ohyeah: )

:evildude:

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Onslaught

Quote from: Northlands on January 18, 2012, 09:00:17 PM

The show was in need of an audience, so they thought " Hey! Let's add some awesome boobs! "  ( Best move for the show btw  :ohyeah: )

:evildude:
She was hot. But to tell you the truth Jeri Ryan nailed the 7 of 9 role. Not only did she look great but she did a really good job playing a Borg who had to work her way back into being an individual. I think she saved the show and not on looks alone.

SVT666

Quote from: Onslaught on January 18, 2012, 09:10:03 PM
She was hot. But to tell you the truth Jeri Ryan nailed the 7 of 9 role. Not only did she look great but she did a really good job playing a Borg who had to work her way back into being an individual. I think she saved the show and not on looks alone.
I agree with you on that.  She was the best actor on the show with the most interesting character.  She still would have saved the show without the bodysuit.

SVT666

Quote from: hounddog on January 18, 2012, 08:35:41 PM
Which is why he loses.  He put his second best into the starting spot.

You never put your second best in the starting role, unless, you cannot judge talent.  

If that is the case, Janeway wins.  Simple personnel management.  :huh:
Yeah, but Data is only one android.  He was the best pilot, the best engineer, the best security officer, etc.  Picard used him in a position where he could get the most use out of him.  Using him as security would be like making Einstein serve burgers because he makes a mean patty.  You would have been absolutely fucking lousy as a Captain. :lol:

Onslaught

Quote from: SVT666 on January 18, 2012, 09:15:58 PM
Yeah, but Data is only one android.  He was the best pilot, the best engineer, the best security officer, etc.  Picard used him in a position where he could get the most use out of him.  Using him as security would be like making Einstein serve burgers because he makes a mean patty.  You would have been absolutely fucking lousy as a Captain. :lol:
He was also 3rd in Command. You don't make someone like that stand around on guard duty. He also had no "gut" feelings that could hurt him in a situation that called for trusting your gut. And if Worf isn't enough of a bad ass to protect you then you're already dead.

Laconian

Worf also helped the Enterprise with its affirmative action personnel quotas.

Hey, I threw the conservatives a bone!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

cawimmer430

Let's talk about more serious things.

Who else wanted to throw Wesley and Counselor Troi out an airlock?  :praise:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Byteme

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 19, 2012, 05:07:12 AM

Wesley was the main reason I could never watch TNG (well that and the Frog Captain) even after Wesley was history I couldn't stand it.

Xer0

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 19, 2012, 05:07:12 AM

I HATED them.  I could never see a reason for them on the show.

SVT666

The way Deanna speaks always irritated me, but Wesley was downright terrible.  I love that he can laugh at himself though.  Whenever he guest stars on The Big Bang Theory, Sheldon always refers to him as the "Jar Jar Binks of Star Trek" or some other insult about his acting skills or his irritating character.

cawimmer430

Yeah, Counselor Troi was just awful in every season, but her worst and most annoying performances came in the first two seasons.

And Wesley was like the Wunderkind of Star Trek. Ahhhhhh....  :lol:

Wil Wheaton is awesome on The Big Bang Theory though.  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

sportyaccordy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 18, 2012, 07:07:18 PM

I think my biggest problem was the fact that they never ran out of...

1) Shuttles

2) Photon torpedoes

Even some fans commented on this. And I agree that there was a lot of "magic reset button" for Voyager. Overall, with the exception of a few episodes, I liked Voyager mostly because of the good CGI effects, interesting aliens and the fact that the Delta Quadrant was unexplored and potentially hostile territory.
Lol me and wifey always joke about the shuttles. I think we will start keeping count. I think every shuttle they sound out in an episode gets destroyed

Galaxy

Quote from: sportyaccordy on January 19, 2012, 12:55:06 PM
Lol me and wifey always joke about the shuttles. I think we will start keeping count. I think every shuttle they sound out in an episode gets destroyed

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/inconsistencies/inconsistencies-voy.htm

hounddog

Quote from: SVT666 on January 18, 2012, 09:15:58 PM
Yeah, but Data is only one android.  He was the best pilot, the best engineer, the best security officer, etc.  Picard used him in a position where he could get the most use out of him.  Using him as security would be like making Einstein serve burgers because he makes a mean patty.
Yes, but, there is no one stronger or tougher in the known universe, which makes him the #1 security chief candidate in all of the known universe.  His strength and combat prowess was known to all Klingons, and even the Borg were little more than ragdolls against him yet they threw Worf around as if he were a she-doll.

QuoteYou would have been absolutely fucking lousy as a Captain. :lol:
Except I would have gone around plucking an entire crew from the hottest Starfleet had to offer, making my ship the rockin'est most awesomest place in the Federation.  And you would not have been welcome.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Onslaught

Quote from: hounddog on January 19, 2012, 01:32:05 PM
Yes, but, there is no one stronger or tougher in the known universe, which makes him the #1 security chief candidate in all of the known universe.  His strength and combat prowess was known to all Klingons, and even the Borg were little more than ragdolls against him yet they threw Worf around as if he were a she-doll.

1. A changeling could bitch slap Data. His brother Lore is as strong. Q can turn him into a slug. So Data is not the most bad ass thing in the known Trek Universe.
2. Work killed the shit out of Borg in First Contact.

And if Janeway was so good she'd made 7 of 9 in charge of everything seeing that she's better then anyone on Voyager.

Raza

Guys, has history taught you nothing?  You can't put a robot in charge of shit otherwise everything goes all I, Robot.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

hounddog

Quote from: Onslaught on January 19, 2012, 02:38:29 PM
1. A changeling could bitch slap Data. His brother Lore is as strong. Q can turn him into a slug. So Data is not the most bad ass thing in the known Trek Universe.
There is zero evidence to support a changeling is physically stronger than Data.  They are made of goo while Data is made of ultra high strength composite alloys.

Quote2. Work killed the shit out of Borg in First Contact.
The Borg do keep their "collective" noses to the grindstone, I will give you that, but I never saw any of them falling over from all their hard work.  :huh:

QuoteAnd if Janeway was so good she'd made 7 of 9 in charge of everything seeing that she's better then anyone on Voyager.
7of9 is Borg, being in charge is irrelevant.  

She was in charge of finding them a way home, a 24of7 job.  :lol:
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

hounddog

Quote from: Raza  on January 19, 2012, 02:39:24 PM
Guys, has history taught you nothing?  You can't put a robot in charge of shit otherwise everything goes all I, Robot.
Just like HAL2000.

I never said they should be in charge, just in charge of being being bad ass.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

SVT666

Quote from: hounddog on January 19, 2012, 01:32:05 PM
Yes, but, there is no one stronger or tougher in the known universe, which makes him the #1 security chief candidate in all of the known universe.  His strength and combat prowess was known to all Klingons, and even the Borg were little more than ragdolls against him yet they threw Worf around as if he were a she-doll.
He's also the smartest and when he's not on the bridge, where the hell would Picard get any of his ...ahem...data from?

Except I would have gone around plucking an entire crew from the hottest Starfleet had to offer, making my ship the rockin'est most awesomest place in the Federation.  And you would not have been welcome.
That's not cool.  You would have been welcome on my ship.  I would have even made you an officer and in charge of something important...like security.