"Oh what a feeling!" (2o6's Yaris)

Started by 2o6, March 13, 2012, 07:27:33 PM

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

2o6

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 14, 2012, 06:11:13 PM
Is your hood open?

It's misaligned. In some shots, it's obvious, others it isn't.

I'm not sure if it's because of the accident, or because of crapola Toyota panel gaps. I've noticed numerous Yarises with odd looking hoods, most of them 2007 cars.

MrH

Ummm, that's definitely from an accident.  Nothing is leaving the factory like that.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

2o6

Quote from: MrH on December 14, 2012, 06:14:54 PM
Ummm, that's definitely from an accident.  Nothing is leaving the factory like that.

Let me feel better about myself, OK?  :lol:

In this angle, it doesn't look so bad (and notice, that was the ONLY peeling paint the car had when I bought it!) I will take a picture when it's brighter out.

Eye of the Tiger

I didn't realize you had such sweet aftermarket rims.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

2o6

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 14, 2012, 06:20:11 PM
I didn't realize you had such sweet aftermarket rims.

And I just put new Firestone FR710's on them, so I should be good to go for awhile. I've put around 13K on it so far, and it's treated me pretty well. Tracks straight as an arrow, returns 34-35MPG mixed (although winter gas has brought this down to 32-33) and I think it handles decently.

I like the wheels a whole lot more than stock. I also like the fact that my car doesn't have that ugly as heck wing spoiler.

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

2o6

2o6

15K check in....

No new problems; MPG has dropped due to winter gas and increased idling. I'm seeing a solid 34MPG mixed of around 50/50 freeway and city. Highest I've recorded is around 40MPG on a trip early December. If I put my foot in it, it really does suck fuel above 75MPH, though.

I put new tires on it (no, I'm not putting 6 different used tires on it like I did with the Focus  :lol:) and it's pretty fine in the wet now. (Firestone FR710)

Snow driving isn't the greatest; it's better than some other cars I've driven, but the car is fairly light and the steering is vague and the clutch is still unforgiving. The Focus and Neon are wayy better in this regard. My work's Chevy Cruze is a tank in snow (that extra 1000 lbs comes in handy)

I feel like an idiot; I used to almost never stall with the Focus. The auto choke in the Yaris coupled with the world's vaguest clutch makes me stall all the time.

Aside from some stone chips, the $250 paintjob is holding up very well; the car looks pretty much like new.

I love the ride quality.

I love the predictable, if not sloppy, rear end step out characteristic

I love the engine.

I hate the shifter. And I hate the clutch.

I hate the stupid gas gauge that lies. It'll show full for sometimes over 80 miles, then it drops rapidly.

2o6

Speed_Racer

Laconian

Are you planning on working during college? You might want to see if you can get by without a car when you go to college. Colleges typically charge an arm and a leg for parking, and public transportation + biking might be a more palatable option. I got by for a couple years without one, 'twas fine (though I played a LOT more GT3 to make up for it!)
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

2o6

Quote from: Laconian on March 01, 2013, 11:28:21 AM
Are you planning on working during college? You might want to see if you can get by without a car when you go to college. Colleges typically charge an arm and a leg for parking, and public transportation + biking might be a more palatable option. I got by for a couple years without one, 'twas fine (though I played a LOT more GT3 to make up for it!)

Akrons parking is integrated into tuition. IDK about OSU or otber schools.

Laconian

Quote from: 2o6 on March 01, 2013, 11:30:29 AM

Akrons parking is integrated into tuition. IDK about OSU or otber schools.
Akron is a commuter school, isn't it?

2o6

Quote from: Laconian on March 01, 2013, 11:31:29 AM
Akron is a commuter school, isn't it?

Yes ish, but theres a huge push to get more residents .

Laconian

Well, just keep an open mind about going carless for a while whatever your next situation is.

NomisR

Wouldn't he still need to work though? But not having a car would save him a lot of money though.

Laconian

Public transit might work fine for that. Might.

2o6

Quote from: Laconian on March 01, 2013, 02:35:35 PM
Public transit might work fine for that. Might.

This is Ohio. Chimp had a car for a reason.

Remember, in going to work and school I end up driving 300 miles a week. Ive put on 15K in my car in one year.

NomisR

Quote from: 2o6 on March 01, 2013, 02:45:30 PM

This is Ohio. Chimp had a car for a reason.

Remember, in going to work and school I end up driving 300 miles a week. Ive put on 15K in my car in one year.

Ouch, can you find part time work at school that pays decently well? Or anywhere close to school?

Secret Chimp

Parking on the far west lot at OSU only ran like $60-80 for a school year.

And you don't want to live in Columbus where you have to take the bus. Nothing goes on the highway and hell if you ever see more than one bus on the same route in the stretch of five or six miles. Columbus proper is ghettooooo. Dublin or Westerville would be a nice place to live to go to OSU.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Rupert

Quote from: Laconian on March 01, 2013, 11:28:21 AM

I did the same thing for the year I didn't have a car. I actually went out and bought a PS2 and GT4 as soon as I sold the car because I knew I would need something to keep me from buying another busted-ass old car.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

cawimmer430

Quote from: 2o6 on January 14, 2013, 07:30:56 AM
I hate the stupid gas gauge that lies. It'll show full for sometimes over 80 miles, then it drops rapidly.

So that's how Toyota's pass the EPA tests!  :vapors:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

2o6

I've had this car a year

- Airbag clockspring is still broken. Meh. I'll fix it eventually.

otherwise, the car runs like a top. No problems at all. It's eaten up pretty much everything I've thrown at it. Maybe if I get some extra $$$ maybe a small subwoofer? Swaybar/Springs/Shocks (the TRD ones are dirt cheap), but otherwise, I plan on driving it for awhile.

Car is approaching 90K, and I bought it with 72K....

2o6

~not quite 25K check in.

I'm at 95,XXX, and I'm about to hit 100K here soon.

- Front bumper paint is peeling again; guy fucked me over.

- I need brakes.

- 3rd gear synchro is still crunchy.

- I don't plan on repairing the rear bumper cover damage from my accident a few weeks ago.

Otherwise, I really have done only oil changes and tire rotations. I'd say it's been pretty good to me, I'm actually really attached to it now....I mean I've LIVED in the damn thing; literally. Not the best car dynamically, but it's reliable and fuel efficient. Not going to lie, I could see myself buying another Yaris if mine got totaled or when the car finally wears out.

280Z Turbo

2o6

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on June 30, 2013, 09:30:16 PM
Still dancing on the ceiling?

I've been stuck mid-jump for three weeks now.

68_427

The Yaris is space efficient, but I hate driving it.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

2o6

Quote from: 68_427 on July 01, 2013, 11:49:29 AM
The Yaris is space efficient, but I hate driving it.

I like driving mine. :huh:

68_427

It feels nervous over 65mph.  Might be the tires, but my car feels more composed at 120mph than it does at 75mph.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no