The Greatest Cars Thread

Started by Payman, July 01, 2012, 10:50:18 AM

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 03, 2012, 06:24:54 PM
Why?

It was the last car ever to be run in NASCAR completely unmodified.

Besides that, its just plain cool.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Payman

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 06, 2012, 09:07:48 PM

Yeah, it was a beautiful car ahead of its time.

Rupert

Quote from: bing_oh on July 03, 2012, 10:25:11 AM

Triumph TR3. First production car to come with standard disk brakes...not to mention a blast to drive.

Speaking of which, don't you have one of those sitting in your garage in bits? How's that coming?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 06, 2012, 09:07:48 PM

Quote from: Rockraven on July 07, 2012, 08:43:12 PM
Yeah, it was a beautiful car ahead of its time.
They were nice cars.  I didn't know about the GT being the last car to run in NASCAR unmodified.  Was it the supercharged version?

The one I think is one-of-the-greatest cars is the 53-54 Starlight Coupe simply because it is so beautiful.  The one I had was a '57 Silver Hawk which, at the time, I thought was quite lovely but it's really the earlier ones that were exquisite.  Harley Earl is given much credit for setting the design trends of the time but I think that Raymond Loewy was just as influential.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on July 02, 2012, 08:59:43 PM
Back on topic, my turn to post a greatest car:

No way, mang.

It needs the 2.3L Duratec. It transforms it from a sedate little runabout into a fire-breathing Corvette stomper.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on July 09, 2012, 07:40:34 PM
No way, mang.

It needs the 2.3L Duratec. It transforms it from a sedate little runabout into a fire-breathing Corvette stomper.

Shit had the 4.0 V6, goddammit.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)