Camaro 1LE gets destroyed by BOSS 302

Started by 68_427, August 02, 2012, 12:56:52 PM

GoCougs

Quote from: 68_427 on August 26, 2012, 10:02:56 PM
I know someone who races Stevenson Camaros in Continental series and sometimes Rolex series, and he said GM is saving the Z28 for something special.

That's the only thing that makes sense; 'Z28' is one of the most storied monikers of Detroit. Can't imagine what it would be though. Couldn't realistically be above the ZL1.

GoCougs

At least for me, 13.9 is the new 14.9.

sportyaccordy

68_427

Quote from: GoCougs on August 27, 2012, 07:50:39 AM
That's the only thing that makes sense; 'Z28' is one of the most storied monikers of Detroit. Can't imagine what it would be though. Couldn't realistically be above the ZL1.

QuoteTo be fair, there is no real comparable 302 version of the Camaro. They're aimed at different markets. Chevy does not (yet) make a road-course-racing street version of the Camaro, but they are talking about it. We do a lot of work with them through our GS program which competes directly with the Boss 302R. The GS Camaro is lighter, has a bigger engine, better brakes, and a rear suspension designed in the last century. Trust me, if they make a Z28, it'll be a great model, they're just saving that name for when it'll truly live up to the history.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

ChrisV

Quote from: GoCougs on August 25, 2012, 10:45:28 PM
Pretty much. This talk about "steering feel" and "fun to drive" and other "enthusiast" language is the stuff people blindly regurgitate from auto mags in the never ending quest for automatic self-validating knowledge.

Spoken like a true appliance car driver.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

GoCougs

Quote from: ChrisV on August 31, 2012, 08:32:57 AM

Then what are you given that my "appliance" has equal or better "better steering feel," "fun to drive" quotient and speaks other "enthusiast" language to a an equal or greater degree (including having a more powerful and better engineered motor and tranny, double wishbone/multilink vs. strut/live axle, etc.) than your car?

S204STi

Quote from: ChrisV on August 31, 2012, 08:32:57 AM

From the guy who demands respect for all cars ever built.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: GoCougs on August 31, 2012, 09:36:04 AM
Then what are you given that my "appliance" has equal or better "better steering feel," "fun to drive" quotient and speaks other "enthusiast" language to a an equal or greater degree (including having a more powerful and better engineered motor and tranny, double wishbone/multilink vs. strut/live axle, etc.) than your car?
Convertible + stickshift + RWD + V8 >>>>>> sedan + slushbox + AWD + V6

All other things being equal :huh:

Raza

Quote from: sportyaccordy on August 31, 2012, 09:20:12 PM
Convertible + stickshift + RWD + V8 I6 - back seat >>>>>> sedan + slushbox + AWD + V6 all

All other things being equal :huh: Always

:praise: 

Had to.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

GoCougs

Quote from: sportyaccordy on August 31, 2012, 09:20:12 PM
Convertible + stickshift + RWD + V8 >>>>>> sedan + slushbox + AWD + V6

All other things being equal :huh:

Hold in there - when the day comes that you're actually correct on something I'll let you know.

hotrodalex

Quote from: GoCougs on September 01, 2012, 01:22:36 AM
Hold in there - when the day comes that you're actually correct on something I'll let you know.

Uhh, pretty sure Chris's car is more fun.

Should we have a poll?

GoCougs

Quote from: hotrodalex on September 01, 2012, 01:27:10 AM
Uhh, pretty sure Chris's car is more fun.

Should we have a poll?

My point wasn't to cut on his car, my point was that by his own measure he is an appliance driver; an oblique way of saying his Internetry failed miserably.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: GoCougs on September 01, 2012, 07:07:25 AM
oblique way of saying

-32.6 internetry points

Not for the original statement, but for using "oblique" to explain your internetry.
Will

GoCougs

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 01, 2012, 08:41:49 AM
-32.6 internetry points

Not for the original statement, but for using "oblique" to explain your internetry.

FertilefodderSPIN.

LonghornTX

Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.