Atomic

Quote from: Vinsanity on September 22, 2012, 12:50:29 PM
No he meant 2012.

2013 Accord V6: 0-60 in 6.1 seconds
2012 Accord V6: 0-60 in ~7 seconds
2008 Passat V6: 0-62 in 6.9 seconds

Ah, got it. Thanks

Atomic

Another thing I forgot to mention about today's test drive is a much greater feeling of security sitting behind the wheel of the '13 Accord. It was airy in regards to visibility and the feeling was bright, cheery and exhilarating. Not just compared to all Accord's before it, but probably that of most cars of similar size and smaller sedans (even larger) because of a taller stance. I immediately knew I was in a different car. Very confident changing lanes without the usual blind spots. The rear view camera was awesome and the controls -- so simple, it was instinctual. Everything about the placement of reach, tactile feel and such made complete sense. Something else: silence. Yes. It was like being in my new Volvo. Not realizing when the car is running.

I hope the upgraded Civic (that is alledegedly due out soon) benefits from such upgrades as those Honda made to this new Accord. I found it amazing how the editor described his driving experience so similar to mine. The car felt more like a solid version of some older model year Nissan Maxima models I owned, but with far superior quality. That is not an insult to any Maxi I drove. The Honda is that good. Obviously, the Maxima is a far more exciting vehicle in every regard but the Honda is very spirit in its own right. It is quite a bargain considering content, quality and complete driving experience from the time I spent with the car.

Vinsanity