worst post-2000 automobile?

Started by BENZ BOY15, September 15, 2012, 04:01:12 PM

S204STi

Quote from: 2o6 on September 15, 2012, 04:10:59 PM

Aztek isn't that bad. It's ugly and the starting point sucked, but I don't outright hate it. I wouldn't buy one, and I try to stop anyone I know from buying Aztek or Rendezvous, but it's really not that bad. People get hung up on the styling and don't consider the rest of the car (which sucked)

I nominate the Aveo

I have a strange relationship with this car; I actually think it looks good for what it is. It also has some merits; the interior is screwed together decently enough, and the interior quality is OK. It's also pretty roomy for it's size.

But it's slow without good fuel economy, it rides and handles like crap and they never stay together. These Aveos are always falling apart and having catastrophic failures on pretty much every component of the car.

No, it really is that bad.  Try working on them for a while and you'll get why.

2o6

Quote from: S204STi on September 16, 2012, 06:01:12 PM
No, it really is that bad.  Try working on them for a while and you'll get why.

Yeah, all the techs at work hate them.

Gotta-Qik-C7

I gotta go with The Caliber. Horrid!!!

Quote from: MX793 on September 16, 2012, 02:42:45 PM
Pretty much all of the ultra-performance cars are so far beyond the capabilities of the non-professional-racing driver that they all are laden with all sorts of nannies to make them driveable by mortals.  I fail to see how the GT-R is any worse than a 458, ZR-1, Murcielago, or R8 in that regard.

The GT-R is a 2+2 GT car (and in that regard, it's actually lighter than 2+2s like the 612 or FF) that can run with hardcore exotic sports cars (that also cost more) on the track yet be driven daily on real roads in "weather".  I don't see what's there to hate beyond the styling.
:hesaid:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

TurboDan

I'm gonna go with the first post. I literally get angry every time I see an Aztec. Even moreso when the lady in the Aztec in Atlantic City this evening was holding up traffic.  :banghead:

sportyaccordy

The GTR is worse because its ugly and sounds like a vacuum cleaner even uncorked

So you don't even get the visceral thrills of its Italian contemporaries our even the 911

And even when you turn the electronics off, they are still in control of all the differentials for example. What is mechanical about the GTR?

And the Corolla is fine. Aside from the Civic, and maybe the Sentra, which of its competitors would you pick over it for the sole purpose of getting you where you need to go a close to 100% of the time? My mother in law has the 4AT and in any case they are not hard to find in stickshift. 3AT was the stripper that nobody bought. You might a well say Corolla had no AC either. Its a solid but boring car which its more that you can say for some of its contemporaries

Lebowski

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on September 15, 2012, 07:53:06 PM
LOL

I really don't know what compelled my dad to buy a Fit. I really don't. It's far from the worst car in the past decade of so....but it's not great. Maybe it's me, but it just doesn't feel substantial. It feels like a tin can....unlike the Accord.

It's also ugly. It's also baby-blue. :facepalm:

Your dad drives a Fit?

Lebowski

Quote from: sportyaccordy on September 16, 2012, 09:49:49 AM

I nominate the 09+ GT-R. A technological tour de force for sure, but a philosophical embodiment of everything wrong with "drivers" cars today. Ugly, heavy, complex, expensive, literally designed to reward an absence of skill, weighs 2 tons and only seats two. Its a street car with performance you can't access + use, and a track car that doesn't help you hone your skills. I really don't get it.
Where is the GT-R in its element.

I'm not a big GTR fan but I nominate this as the worst nomination in the thread.

Lebowski

Maybe not the worst, but two of my least favorite:

2o6

Quote from: sportyaccordy on September 17, 2012, 07:51:51 AM
The GTR is worse because its ugly and sounds like a vacuum cleaner even uncorked

So you don't even get the visceral thrills of its Italian contemporaries our even the 911

And even when you turn the electronics off, they are still in control of all the differentials for example. What is mechanical about the GTR?

SSo that puts it in the same league as the Aztek?

And the Corolla is fine. Aside from the Civic, and maybe the Sentra, which of its competitors would you pick over it for the sole purpose of getting you where you need to go a close to 100% of the time? My mother in law has the 4AT and in any case they are not hard to find in stickshift. 3AT was the stripper that nobody bought. You might a well say Corolla had no AC either. Its a solid but boring car which its more that you can say for some of its contemporaries

Everything elsw was better! Focus destroyed Corolla, as did pretty much everything else!

Raza

Quote from: sportyaccordy on September 17, 2012, 07:51:51 AM

Ferraris are ugly too.  And the sound is subjective. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

sportyaccordy

2o6, what would you spend your money on now, a 2000 Corolla or 2000 Focus

Lebowski, :evildude:

Raza, Ferraris are not as dramatic from the cockpit, but they are miles away from the GTR. A G37 has more throat than a stock GTR.

2o6

sportyaccordy

The Corolla its far from the worst car since 2000.  It wasn't even the worst car in its segment

Not sure how one can ruin a thread with an opinion, unless the point of the thread was to only get phonons o one agrees with

Vinsanity

Quote from: sportyaccordy on September 17, 2012, 01:28:02 PM
The Corolla its far from the worst car since 2000.  It wasn't even the worst car in its segment

Neither is the GT-R :hammerhead:

2o6

Arguably the GTR is One of the greatest cars on the road, but you lump it in with the Aztek and Rendezvous.

NomisR

Quote from: 2o6 on September 17, 2012, 01:50:44 PM
Arguably the GTR is One of the greatest cars on the road, but you lump it in with the Aztek and Rendezvous.

:lol:  I am actually agreeing with Kevin on this one...

sportyaccordy

Quote from: 2o6 on September 17, 2012, 01:50:44 PM
You just said the Aztec wasnt that bad. And where did I say the Aztek was bad? This is very sloppy

GTR is an achievement for sure, but a deeply flawed premise