My friend is buying a 944

Started by BMWDave, October 27, 2005, 05:37:19 PM

BMWDave

Well, my friend and I went to check out a red 944 today that was going to sell for 2000 dollars.  It had a lot of cosmetic stuff wrong with it (although it was in fine mechanical condition).  There was another 944 (Slate Grey) being sold for 3K, which had 143K miles, but had a new engine with 80K miles put in it.  Timing belts,  the works, were all redone this past week.  So my friend decided to buy the car.  Here are pictures-I'll get a video of me revving it up soon  :)

Video:

Link to Video!

Link to Interior Video

[/IMG]

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

Very nice, that is a great color!  

BMWDave

Yup--and I got a video up right here...

Link To Video!

2007 Honda S2000

SaltyDog

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

Raghavan

It's ok... a boxter would've been nicer.

footoflead

Nice...

You couldnt make it a link ;)...come on dave...you know how to do this
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

BMWDave

QuoteNice...

You couldnt make it a link ;)...come on dave...you know how to do this
Sorry about that, I was rushing to get it up before. :)  

2007 Honda S2000

280Z Turbo

QuoteIt's ok... a boxter would've been nicer.
The Boxster is a good car, but I like the 944 better. The styling is more aggresive and the Turbo has some serious power!

BMWDave

QuoteIt's ok... a boxter would've been nicer.
The Boxster is a good car, but I like the 944 better. The styling is more aggresive and the Turbo has some serious power!
The NA we testdrove felt pretty powerful-I cant imagine how powerful a turbo must be  :o

There is one for sale there-6K with 140K or so miles.  It looks much sexier than the Boxster with the turbo twist wheels.

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

Raghavan

QuoteI like the MPG gauge. ^_^
Old skool. :praise:  

footoflead

QuoteI like the MPG gauge. ^_^
Me too :D  :rockon:  B)  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

BMWDave

Here are more pictures of the car:

Interior is dirty-needs to be cleaned-and the leather on the shifter has to be redone.  Otherwise, in very good condition with only one small crack on the dash.

The useless back seats...

Steering wheel and instrument guage:

Random shots:

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

The leather looks pretty worn as well.

BMWDave

QuoteThe leather looks pretty worn as well.
No, its just the flash from my camera really highlighted the whole interior.  There are creases in the leather, but it looks very nice in person.  The leather overall is in very good condition, and the A/C blows cold.  

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

I just put up an interior video in my first post.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

W00H00! Dave, do drifts in it when your friend gets it! CAll it the 'break in period'. :lol:

BMWDave

QuoteW00H00! Dave, do drifts in it when your friend gets it! CAll it the 'break in period'. :lol:
Yup, we call that a 143K mile engine breakin :rolleyes:  :lol:

Its my friends car, I wouldnt do anything in it that he wouldnt want me to do.  I'm getting my own in a year or two, I'll do plenty of drifts then :praise:  :D  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteW00H00! Dave, do drifts in it when your friend gets it! CAll it the 'break in period'. :lol:

Its my friends car, I wouldnt do anything in it that he wouldnt want me to do.  I'm getting my own in a year or two, I'll do plenty of drifts then :praise:  :D
WEll, if your friend is very car savvy, you could persuade him to let you do drifts as the 'break in period'. Maybe he'll believe you. :lol:
And you'll prolly get a Honda Civic or some POS, so no drifts for you!

BMWDave

WEll, if your friend is very car savvy, you could persuade him to let you do drifts as the 'break in period'. Maybe he'll believe you. :lol:
And you'll prolly get a Honda Civic or some POS, so no drifts for you!
My "friend" is actually a family friend-hes 60 years old, and hes no idiot.  I'm not a dishonest person, I wouldnt 'drift' in his car.  Its his car, he'll do whatever he wants with it, I wont touch it unless he allows me too.

And why would I be getting a POS Civic?  I'll be buying my own car, and I will be dictating where my money goes.  Its going to be a Porsche for me, I can tell you that much.

2007 Honda S2000

Run Away

Noice.

What year again?
Base model, non-S/Turbo?

BMWDave

QuoteNoice.

What year again?
Base model, non-S/Turbo?
Its an 86.  NA version.

2007 Honda S2000

Run Away

Hmm, that's a shame. Why the sudden decision to buy this one, I though he was looking more into $10k range of cars?

BMWDave

QuoteHmm, that's a shame. Why the sudden decision to buy this one, I though he was looking more into $10k range of cars?
He wasnt looking necessarily to buy a 10K dollar car...if he had seen one that was really nice in that price range, he would have bought it.

But hes not a speed freak-hes more in for the handling.  And to get a turbo with equivalent mileage would be double as much.  

2007 Honda S2000

Run Away

QuoteHmm, that's a shame. Why the sudden decision to buy this one, I though he was looking more into $10k range of cars?
He wasnt looking necessarily to buy a 10K dollar car...if he had seen one that was really nice in that price range, he would have bought it.

But hes not a speed freak-hes more in for the handling.  And to get a turbo with equivalent mileage would be double as much.
True, but the thing is almost as slow in a straight line as my car. :o  :D

If you've got a Porsche, might as well have the performance to back up the name.

BMWDave

True, but the thing is almost as slow in a straight line as my car. :o  :D

If you've got a Porsche, might as well have the performance to back up the name.
Its not as bad as you make it seem-coming from a LR, when it was floored in 2nd gear, it felt like I was on a rocket ship :lol:

Nah, its really very respectable acceleration.  Like I said, hes not looking to win drag races or anything like that...he just wants a nice sports car that he can cruise around in and have fun in...and he doesnt think its worth spending all that extra for the turbo.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

Dave, how much more does the Turbo cost to insure than the non turbo? Is that also a reason why your friend didn't buy the Turbo?

Run Away

In my mind it's pretty poor.

Perhaps it was just the particular example that I was riding in, but acceleration was pretty dissapointing for me. I was expecting alot more when I got my ride in one.

It's plenty of squirt, no doubt, and tons of fun for the driver, but it my mind it's not "Porsche level".

BMWDave

QuoteIn my mind it's pretty poor.

Perhaps it was just the particular example that I was riding in, but acceleration was pretty dissapointing for me. I was expecting alot more when I got my ride in one.

It's plenty of squirt, no doubt, and tons of fun for the driver, but it my mind it's not "Porsche level".
When the accelerator was dumped in 2nd gear, there is a loud roar, and you get pushed (not shoved-its not that brutal) into your seat, and you get a little wooshing feeling in your stomach.  Its not up to the level of modern Porsches, but its still good acceleration nonetheless.

Perhaps the one you went in had something wrong with it.

2007 Honda S2000