Tesla pics

Started by red_shift, April 06, 2013, 06:22:48 PM

red_shift

Hi,

Here are some pictures of my new Tesla. Work was killing last 2 weeks, only this weekend I got a chance to finally take it out for a spin in the hills. It's worth every penny I paid ( and I paid a lot of them! ).

http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/MyTesla/library/?page=1#

I like the very light grey almost cream colored nappa leather I have in this car. Very upscale to look at and touch.

So far I have been challenged to a race by a brand new looking Camaro and a flat black painted BMW M3. I won the Camaro and refused the BMW M3 (my son was with me in the back in the car seat). I have promised myself no more drag racing. I have attracted several gawkers. Today, a blue-collor worker type came up to me and said, "I am going to buy the stock. I don't have the money to buy a Tesla, but the car is so damn good looking, I will buy the stock". "do you need some spark plugs or some fuel from my truck for that thing?"

I answered: "Do you happen to have some supercharged electrons?" :-) It's been fun. Tomorrow, the first road trip, with supercharging in Gilroy.

I don't get too much time nowadays due to my super busy schedule, but I believe some of you who live close want to drive my car. Let us arrange it one of these days. PM me. My current clients are in Sunnyvale and nearby, I spend most of my work days there.

Future is electric

2018 Light Blue wrapped Tesla Model 3
2013 Dark blue Tesla Model S

All electric, no compromises!

Laconian

That is such a pretty car. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Knowing that each mile on it antagonizes Cougs must make it all the sweeter. :lol:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

TurboDan

Catman

Nice looking car. Love the packaging and storage.

Lebowski

CALL_911

The Model S is gorgeous. It is easily one of the best looking sedans on the market today (if not the best).

I would not have the balls to buy one, but I'm envious for sure. Congrats, and best of luck. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

red_shift

Thanks for the comments guys.

Laconian, life is too short to worry about what some people think. This is my dream car. Everyone has a dream, and I believe I am living mine right now.
Future is electric

GoCougs

Antagonize? Nah, the car is fine. Get 'em why you can though ;).

red_shift

Call_911,

I run a consulting firm. It's for semiconductor design and verification, mainly.
Future is electric

thewizard16

Amazing, beautiful machine. Congratulations! (I'm a bit jealous.)
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

TurboDan

Quote from: thewizard16 on April 06, 2013, 11:49:45 PM
Amazing, beautiful machine. Congratulations! (I'm a bit jealous.)

I think we all are (except Cougs)!  :thumbsup: :evildude:

Cookie Monster

Awesome! Congratulations!

I initially wasn't a fan of the Tesla but after seeing them around here in the Bay Area I'm a HUGE fan. My mom wants to get one now after having countless amounts of issues with her 7 (namely, the car won't even start now most of the time :facepalm: ).

What battery capacity did you get?

FYI I'm about 10 minutes from Sunnyvale and would love to test drive your car (which is a very generous offer btw) but I don't think I'd trust myself in a stranger's $70k luxury car.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

hotrodalex

Quote from: thecarnut on April 07, 2013, 01:56:01 AM
FYI I'm about 10 minutes from Sunnyvale and would love to test drive your car (which is a very generous offer btw) but I don't think I'd trust myself in a stranger's $70k luxury car.

Don't bend a wheel!

I know what you mean, though. The guy I know with an modified Elise said I could drive it sometime, but I don't know if I really want to. It'd be a crazy experience, but could also end badly. :lol:

Morris Minor

This is great - keep us posted.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Morris Minor

Great-looking car. A styling lesson to Porsche on how it could have avoided the fat-bottomed rear of the Panamera.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

pendyman

Quote from: Morris Minor on April 07, 2013, 08:30:48 AM
Great-looking car. A styling lesson to Porsche on how it could have avoided the fat-bottomed rear of the Panamera.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Congrats!

cawimmer430

Sweet ride. Congrats!  :mrcool:

Just never drive that baby with wet hands. The electric shock might kill ya.  :winkguy:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

SJ_GTI

Looks great! Very jealous, but not sure I would have the guts to buy one of these yet. I am a late adapter of new technology.  :lol:

red_shift

Thanks SJ. ( and others )

Don't know where you are, but if you get a chance to test drive one.

To quote a former illustrious member: " it will render you like no other vehicle when driven on rough pavement. "

Plus it drives better than a BMW on twisties. :-)

Future is electric

red_shift

Just a quick update after about 800 miles.

No car will ever seem the same now, after I have driven my Tesla.

The regen way of driving my Tesla feels more natural, as if cars should always have been made this way. ( regen is tied to when I lift my foot off the accelerator, and not pressing the brakes as in other EVs, and an accelerometer senses change in car's speed to turn on the brake lights for you )

Going over rough patches, the car simply ignores them, with just a hint of jiggle and jounce. Yet, when I hit that sweeping curve, the car eggs me to keep increasing the speed until I hear the front tires start to protest a bit. ( under steer is tuned in thanks to lawyers ). Stomping on the accelerator and watch everything start to become smaller in my rear view mirror is becoming an embarrassing habit. ( although I am mellowing in my third week of ownership)

Quick and fast. Efficient. Silent. Clean. Comfortable. Luxurious. High tech. But, ultimately, a great CAR. Period.

Tesla is expected to bring the Gen 3 sedan around 2015, which is expected to be sub 40k and 200 miles range according to Elon. This car appears to be a hit, and the model X SUV should do well, given the rate of their reservations. I sincerely hope this whole EV paradigm takes off.

This car feels natural in a way none of my ICE cars have felt before. That is my sincere opinion.
Future is electric

Cookie Monster

How is the recharging and range treating you? I wouldn't mind taking a ride in yours, I just don't want to drive it. :mask:

I've seen a ton of Model S's driving around here and they still catch my attention every time. Plus I saw one owner launch it pretty hard from a light and it just moves so quickly but so quietly. It's weird to see.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

red_shift

carnut,

PMed you.

Charging is just fine, range is in excess of 200 miles, though I have not exceeded it yet.
Future is electric

2o6

It's such a pretty car! Congrats

Laconian

One snuck up on me at the parking garage today. Need to outlaw quiet cars!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

red_shift

Lawmakers are talking about having noisemakers in EVs at speeds below 25 mph.

I don't mind it, unlike a lot of EV owners. After all, I don't want to run over someone!

Future is electric

Raza

I love the sound of my car when I fire it up.  Especially if I put the top down first and I'm in a garage.  I don't want to give that up.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

red_shift

Quote from: Raza  on April 12, 2013, 10:32:21 AM
I love the sound of my car when I fire it up.  Especially if I put the top down first and I'm in a garage.  I don't want to give that up.

Serenity, NOW !  :-)
Future is electric

Onslaught

MrH

Awesome!  Congrats, red shift!  As much as I rag on Tesla for the loan situation, they made one hell of a car.  Glad you're enjoying it!
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

afty