Pulled over for seatbelt violation

Started by Mustangfan2003, May 22, 2013, 06:27:40 PM

CALL_911

Yeah, I feel naked in a car without a seatbelt on.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

dazzleman

Quote from: CALL_911 on July 13, 2013, 11:53:13 AM

When I first started driving, nobody wore them.  I didn't start wearing one until I was driving about 10 years.   Now it's a habit.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

TurboDan

Quote from: CALL_911 on July 13, 2013, 11:53:13 AM

Same here... Plus my car beeps loudly and annoyingly until you put it on. So it's sort of unavoidable.

dazzleman

Quote from: TurboDan on July 13, 2013, 08:22:27 PM
Same here... Plus my car beeps loudly and annoyingly until you put it on. So it's sort of unavoidable.

Mine beeps too but I think it stops at a certain point.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

bing_oh

Quote from: dazzleman on July 13, 2013, 11:50:03 AMWould you write one on its own merits that was unconnected to another violation, such as speeding?

Not really possible in Ohio. It's a secondary violation for which I can't make a stop. I have to have a primary violation to even have contact for a seat belt violation.

dazzleman

Quote from: bing_oh on July 13, 2013, 09:15:11 PM
Not really possible in Ohio. It's a secondary violation for which I can't make a stop. I have to have a primary violation to even have contact for a seat belt violation.

Got it.  It's a primary violation here.

bing_oh

Quote from: dazzleman on July 13, 2013, 09:21:09 PMGot it.  It's a primary violation here.

The only primary restraint violation in Ohio is child seat and that's a different story for me. I'll write those all day and chew someone's ass while I do it.

dazzleman

Quote from: bing_oh on July 13, 2013, 09:26:09 PM
The only primary restraint violation in Ohio is child seat and that's a different story for me. I'll write those all day and chew someone's ass while I do it.

Do you see a lot of that?

Is texting while driving illegal in Ohio?   How do you feel about that?

Soup DeVille

Quote from: TurboDan on July 13, 2013, 08:22:27 PM

Naww. You just buckle the seatbelt before you sit down.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

hotrodalex

Quote from: dazzleman on July 13, 2013, 09:31:39 PM
Is texting while driving illegal in Ohio?

Yeah, along with talking on the phone. Just kidding that's only if you're under 18. Someone told me it was anything cell phone related for all ages.

dazzleman

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 13, 2013, 09:35:08 PM
Naww. You just buckle the seatbelt before you sit down.
Too much work.  Easier to put it on.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: dazzleman on July 13, 2013, 09:43:22 PM
Too much work.  Easier to put it on.

Naww. You do that once: and leave it that way forever.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

dazzleman

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 13, 2013, 09:47:13 PM
Naww. You do that once: and leave it that way forever.

:lol:
Is that what you do?

Soup DeVille

dazzleman

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 13, 2013, 09:54:12 PM
No. Not for several years have I done that.
Your badassery is fading away... :(

Soup DeVille

dazzleman

Soup DeVille

Quote from: dazzleman on July 13, 2013, 10:02:46 PM
I bet you don't even speed anymore... 

I drive the Pilot now, so there's not a lot of reason to speed; although 80 on the highway is still pretty common.

On a side note though, my old Civic, which I sold to my mom?  She's driving that thing around like she's a teenager.

dazzleman

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 13, 2013, 10:05:36 PM
I drive the Pilot now, so there's not a lot of reason to speed; although 80 on the highway is still pretty common.

On a side note though, my old Civic, which I sold to my mom?  She's driving that thing around like she's a teenager.

You need to take it back, man.  Can't have mom be more of a badass than you!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: dazzleman on July 13, 2013, 10:08:54 PM
You need to take it back, man.  Can't have mom be more of a badass than you!

I've agreed to one more year with the Pilot, before I buy another car. I'll come up with something interesting.

dazzleman

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 13, 2013, 10:10:20 PM
I've agreed to one more year with the Pilot, before I buy another car. I'll come up with something interesting.

Excellent man.  Keep us posted.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: dazzleman on July 13, 2013, 10:11:45 PM
Excellent man.  Keep us posted.

The threads I plan to be posting in the Head to head forum are going to be part of that process.

dazzleman

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 13, 2013, 10:15:46 PM
The threads I plan to be posting in the Head to head forum are going to be part of that process.
How long have you been driving a Pilot?  This is your chance to reclaim your balls.  :evildude:

Soup DeVille

Quote from: dazzleman on July 14, 2013, 04:09:06 AM
How longn have you been driving a Pilot?  This is your chance to reclaim your balls.  :evildude:

My balls are, and have always been exactly where they need to be.

About two years now. When the twinds were born, we bought a new minivan for the wife to haul them around in, and I sold the Civic to my mom, so I ended up driving the wife's Pilot. I was going to change that situation this year, but we ended up paying for a basement remodeling first.

dazzleman

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 14, 2013, 03:17:28 PM
My balls are, and have always been exactly where they need to be.

About two years now. When the twinds were born, we bought a new minivan for the wife to haul them around in, and I sold the Civic to my mom, so I ended up driving the wife's Pilot. I was going to change that situation this year, but we ended up paying for a basement remodeling first.

Makes sense.  J/K about the balls comment.

J86

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 13, 2013, 10:10:20 PM

Don't you have some old Cadillac kicking around in a garage?

Soup DeVille

Quote from: J86 on July 14, 2013, 08:38:06 PM
Don't you have some old Cadillac kicking around in a garage?

Yes, I do; and reality is slowing setting in that I'll in no way be able to finish it. I have four kids running around, I'm so pressed for time I have to wipe my ass in stages.

bing_oh

Quote from: dazzleman on July 13, 2013, 09:31:39 PMDo you see a lot of that?

Pretty uncommon for me to see it, given my shift. Obviously it's a more common violation on days and evenings. Fortunately, it's not that common of a violation...and the violators seem to generally be dirties who have zero parenting skills.

QuoteIs texting while driving illegal in Ohio?   How do you feel about that?

Yep, it's illegal here. I feel like it's a good law (texting is a major distractor), but nearly impossible to enforce. It's one of those laws that's great in theory, not so much in practice.

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

bing_oh

Quote from: Rupert on July 14, 2013, 11:37:25 PMDirties?

Dirties. Shitballs. Human cockroaches. Regular customers. The scum of humanity. Good, kind-hearted human beings who have strayed down the wrong path and need guidance (liberal definition).