Driver runs over bikers at rally, proceeds to get chased down and beaten.

Started by S204STi, September 30, 2013, 01:30:53 PM

Soup DeVille

"Earlier, Eyewitness News learned that among the bikers on the Henry Hudson last weekend, were five off-duty NYPD officers.

Sources say at least two detectives witnessed the attack on Alexian Lien and did not directly intervene. And investigators are still working to determine what role, if any, was played by the other three officers.

What is clear, sources say, is that the men did not begin to come forward until late Wednesday, four full-days after the incident.

And detectives are also investigating reports that several others in the group may have been off-duty New York City correction officers.

An undercover detective has informed Internal Affairs that he was present at the time of the confrontation.

The undercover narcotics detective, himself a motorcycle rider, was off duty. Official sources say he did not get involved because he did not want to blow his cover. Internal Affairs is now investigating. The undercover detective is being advised by an attorney.
"

And the shit gets deeper and deeper.

Title of this thread is looking kind of strange now, aint it?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FlatBlackCaddy

Not surprising, cops are people too.

They are used to gang tactics, mob mentality, un-necessary physical violence and self preservation when in the uniform. It's only natural to assume this is the way they are.

280Z Turbo

Narcotics = victimless crime < people actually getting hurt

FlatBlackCaddy

So now the driver of the range rover can sue the police department. That's good news, since I'm sure the riders that actually attacked him don't have any money to speak of. Certainly they won't have pockets anywhere near the depth of the local PD.

280Z Turbo

You could sue them for a Muzzy exhaust for an SV650. That should be worth something.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on October 05, 2013, 11:42:40 PM
You could sue them for a Muzzy exhaust for an SV650. That should be worth something.

Are they worth anything with tire marks all over them?

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on October 05, 2013, 11:35:51 PM
Narcotics = victimless crime < people actually getting hurt

I really doubt that if the undercover guys there were really working a case that we would have ever heard about any of it, much less an internal affairs case opened on it.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Raza

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 05, 2013, 11:33:26 PM
Not surprising, cops are people too.

They are used to gang tactics, mob mentality, un-necessary physical violence and self preservation when in the uniform. It's only natural to assume this is the way they are.

Cops are not people.  If you start thinking of them that way, you play right into their game. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FlatBlackCaddy

Trash, all of them.

I hope they keep this shit up, it's only a matter of time before they end up picking on someone who isn't weak or scared of their "safety in numbers" mentality.

Laconian

Or they beat on a South African spec car with flame throwers...
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

AutobahnSHO

Actually I'm glad the public in general is seeing the hooliganism for what it is
Will

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

veeman

what's good about the recent happenings is that you're not going to see this, what another poster has aptly called a rolling shit show, any time again in the near future in manhattan.

i'm sure the police brass is getting hell for not being more proactive and the city is embarrassed.  i bet the next time two guys are riding sport bikes within a few feet of each other in manhattan they are going to be stopped with tickets/summons for something like violating a noise ordinance or riding 5 mph above the speed limit. 

if this happened on the south side of chicago, no one would care.  because it happened to a wall street type guy and his family on the henry hudson parkway, they're going to be consequences.

MX793

This became big news because one the riders captured the whole thing on video and posted it to YouTube for everyone to see, not because the victim was a Wall Street type.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: veeman on October 08, 2013, 09:21:42 AM
what's good about the recent happenings is that you're not going to see this, what another poster has aptly called a rolling shit show, any time again in the near future in manhattan.

i'm sure the police brass is getting hell for not being more proactive and the city is embarrassed.  i bet the next time two guys are riding sport bikes within a few feet of each other in manhattan they are going to be stopped with tickets/summons for something like violating a noise ordinance or riding 5 mph above the speed limit. 

if this happened on the south side of chicago, no one would care.  because it happened to a wall street type guy and his family on the henry hudson parkway, they're going to be consequences.

So in chicago people run over bikers all the time?

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Raza  on October 08, 2013, 10:46:58 AM
South side is like the wild west.

ahh, I see. I was unaware of that. All my boys are from the east side so I don't know what happens in other areas of chi town.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: veeman on October 08, 2013, 09:21:42 AM

What does anybody know about Mr. lien anyways? Besides he drives a Range Rover, I mean. Which is really; big fucking deal. Lots of people buy things they can't afford. That in itself doesn't mean he's wealthy.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Soup DeVille on October 08, 2013, 12:54:25 PM
What does anybody know about Mr. lien anyways? Besides he drives a Range Rover, I mean. Which is really; big fucking deal. Lots of people buy things they can't afford. That in itself doesn't mean he's wealthy.

Another thing, about society and cars in general.

Why is it that the guy who paid 40-45K for a new 3 series is "rich" or "well off" and the guy who pays 50-60K for a loaded half ton truck "just a normal guy".

NomisR

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 08, 2013, 12:57:13 PM

Why is it that the guy who paid 40-45K for a new 3 series is "rich" or "well off" and the guy who pays 50-60K for a loaded half ton truck "just a normal guy".

Yeah.. people still thinks my Lotus costs way more than it did.. :huh:

Rupert

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 08, 2013, 12:57:13 PM

Because rednecks don't get rich, they just get bigger dicks.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Quote from: MX793 on October 08, 2013, 10:10:25 AM
This became big news because one the riders captured the whole thing on video and posted it to YouTube for everyone to see, not because the victim was a Wall Street type.

Heh, but the reaction on this board would have been waaaay different of the RR had been a rusty 1985 LTD. :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Rupert on October 08, 2013, 01:53:42 PM
Heh, but the reaction on this board would have been waaaay different of the RR had been a rusty 1985 LTD. :lol:

Not mine, I still would have sided with wimmer's decision to run down the motorcycle guys.

NomisR

Quote from: Rupert on October 08, 2013, 01:53:42 PM

Well, this would be poor people vs poor people in your scenario, so there shouldn't be any bias from the Spinners in that case.  Now if it was a 1985 LTD running over bunch of rich guys.. that's another scenario..

Byteme

Turns out the guy bashing on a rear window with his helmet is an undercover cop and now he is being charged.   Dirtbags in uniform. :nutty:

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: MiataJohn on October 09, 2013, 09:02:10 AM
Turns out the guy bashing on a rear window with his helmet is an undercover cop and now he is being charged.   Dirtbags in uniform. :nutty:

There is alot of them out there, I hope this guy gets the book thrown at him. Loose his job, barred from future law enforcement positions and of course jail time.

NomisR

Sheesh, so there's what?  at least 3 or 4 officers involved in this?  I'm still surprised there isn't as much coverage on this as with the whole Zimmerman case, it has like 1/100th the coverage if that..