Zombie Apocalypse

Started by SVT666, October 16, 2013, 04:50:30 PM

Raza

Machete would still be a better choice for the post-apocalyptic wannabe samurai....
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Rupert

Which is why it's on the list.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Raza

Quote from: Rupert on October 19, 2013, 04:35:49 PM
Which is why it's on the list.

Well, I can't remember everything that's in everyone's lists. I mean, do you remember what all-rounder rifle I chose? Without going back to my post, of course, honor system here!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Rupert

No, but I'm not criticizing your list, either.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Raza

Quote from: Rupert on October 19, 2013, 04:45:07 PM
No, but I'm not criticizing your list, either.

I wasn't criticizing yours specifically.  I just noticed a couple of people going swords, and since I know how hard swords actually are to use, I thought I'd mention it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

thewizard16

For transport I would probably start off with something like this:

Shaky logic behind the choice: Diesel might not get hit as hard as gas supplies initially, and you can scavenge it off of any farm that runs tractors or other equipment from their fuel tanks. It's also capable off road which would probably be pretty important if highways and such are clogged up, parts would be easy enough to find, and it can haul a few people with me. It's also tall enough to be harder for zombies to reach into. Downside is inefficiency and that you'll probably run out of diesel eventually too, even if you're in a heavy farming area.

For weapons... I'm going to say I'd keep my 9mm handgun, get a 12 gauge shotgun, 30-06 (all things with common ammo), and pick up a machete (Raza is right) and a baseball bat for closer situations. Some claymores would be nice, but I don't know exactly where to find those.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Rupert

Multi-fuel diesel is where it's at.

S204STi

Quote from: Rupert on October 19, 2013, 04:12:38 PM
Aye. My list of weapons is pretty ridiculously long. Many options preferred before the katana.

Yeah, at that point you're at the "I'm fucked" stage.