Wagon Queen Family Truckster.

Started by Soup DeVille, October 18, 2013, 03:51:13 PM

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 11, 2014, 06:57:40 AM
The Truckster got smoked by a whale with bad shocks today.

On the way home I spotted a Caprice wagon; beige with wood, so it matched the Mercury. I think the dual exhaust marks it as a '94-'96 with the LT1 engine. Old dude drivin' it had a fierce grey old man beard, like he was a sea captain from the age of sail.

So, I pulled up next to him with my wrist draped over the wheel, and look over at him and rev the engine. I shit you not, but this old dude pulls out a corn cob pipe and lights i, and manages to just take a puff before the light turns. I think he's just ignoring me, but he nails it and the Caprice scoots off with surprising speed and a slight tire squeal. I've got no chance, but try anyways. It's no good, and that dude's tail lights just keep gettin smaller in front of me.

Time to swap for one of these...

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

GoCougs

On the way home I spotted a Caprice wagon; beige with wood, so it matched the Mercury. I think the dual exhaust marks it as a '94-'96 with the LT1 engine. Old dude drivin' it had a fierce grey old man beard, like he was a sea captain from the age of sail.

So, I pulled up next to him with my wrist draped over the wheel, and look over at him and rev the engine. I shit you not, but this old dude pulls out a corn cob pipe and lights i, and manages to just take a puff before the light turns. I think he's just ignoring me, but he nails it and the Caprice scoots off with surprising speed and a slight tire squeal. I've got no chance, but try anyways. It's no good, and that dude's tail lights just keep gettin smaller in front of me.

Ha, ha, great kill'd story! Those LT1 sleds have guts - not a bad sendoff really to the model.

CALL_911

Those LT1 sleds are absolutely awesome. I always felt like some 285s in the back would be nice on those.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Soup DeVille

Quote from: CJ on November 11, 2014, 08:41:11 AM
You had 47 horsepower when that car was new.  Did you expect anything else?

I did not expect the corn cob pipe. Other than that, not really.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

MX793

Best nautical tale I've read since Old Man and the Sea.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Soup DeVille

Quote from: MX793 on November 11, 2014, 02:44:35 PM
Best nautical tale I've read since Old Man and the Sea.

:golfclap:

I should rename the Truckster "Pequod," buy that Roush mill Rock suggested and go on a search for the white whale that shamed me...
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 11, 2014, 04:28:51 PM
:golfclap:

I should rename the Truckster "Pequod," buy that Roush mill Rock suggested and go on a search for the white whale that shamed me...

"Oh he's not a whale, he's the devil himself!"
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Rupert

Yeah, no shame in losing to one of those LT1 sleds.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Secret Chimp

You should be able to get around 200-something horsepower if you get the stock intake/top end off of there and change the cam (don't Ford cams like to wear lobes more from that era?). Dodge will push me back about as hard as the Tribute did in 1st once it gets on the torque curve, and I have 2.93s and the weakest cam Summit offers.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Secret Chimp on November 15, 2014, 03:59:50 PM
You should be able to get around 200-something horsepower if you get the stock intake/top end off of there and change the cam (don't Ford cams like to wear lobes more from that era?). Dodge will push me back about as hard as the Tribute did in 1st once it gets on the torque curve, and I have 2.93s and the weakest cam Summit offers.

Lots of proven and cheap ways to make decent horsepressure from this engine; and ill get around to them sooner or later...

Soup DeVille

Bwahahaa!

I now have working power locks and windows on all five doors bitches! Modern conveniences!

68_427

You need this

Quote from: 68_427 on August 30, 2016, 01:55:21 AM
Paging Soup.  Perfect waggo replacement.  The ultimate outdated family truckster

http://fargo.craigslist.org/cto/5757199227.html

1991 Suburban MINT we ordered this truck new had a LeRoy's Custom Paint Murals painted entire truck. NO RUST has always been stored inside on concrete every winter never had snow on the vehicle. (It was started weekly- drove around block a few times to keep moving and battery all charged up) This has been our baby. We rarely take it out in the rain. Now with heavy hearts we decided to sell. Downsizing . We don't have to sell this but hope we can find this Suburban a special home.

It has 56,300 miles on truck. Everything works perfect. Not one repair is needed. Engine spotless as well as interior. No drips under body. No smoking, no pets or kids - we never ate in the truck either. It's like new SHOWROOM Quality. This truck will take a special buyer who loves a vehicle like this. It was the last largest style Chevrolet Suburban made. Next year 1992 went to a different body style and interior got smaller.

5.7 Liter EFI V8 350 4-Spd Auto Transmission with Overdrive
Four wheel drive. Power Windows Power Exterior Mirrors- Stereo radio with cassette play. Air Conditioning Front Only. Engine Oil Cooling System, Locking Differential Rear Axle, Front Quad Shock Absorbers, Rally Wheels, Heavy Duty Radiator and Transmission Oil Cooler, heavy duty front springs, Locking Hubs -automatic, Cold climate package, Rear Axle 3.42 ratio
Interior has light gray custom cloth velor reclining bucket seats, center large console, large back seat and 3 rear seat that is removeable and large area behind seat for more storage.
Bridgestone Tires 3 years old Full size spare tire - Tinted glass all windows factory, 37 gallon fuel tank - it averages 12-16 mpg. Factory Receiver Hitch 2"
Custom extra specials purchased and installed by LeRoy's Custom Paint were: Lighted Visor, Lighted Stainless Steel running boards with lights, top and rear deflectors. Husband says if you have to change a part all screws turn loosely as there is no rust. *** Never been in an accident*****
Vehicle has been maintained 100% work done at a Chevrolet Dealership - all fluids have been changed trany, radiator, with age not mileage.

Mechanically the truck is in absolutely excellent condition as well. Engine runs nice and smooth and Transmission is strong, with nice smooth shifts. 4 wheel drive works well. . No repairs are needed. Truck has always been reliable. I have never beat on this truck - Reason for low mileage we have 2 other vehicles so keeping mileage pretty low.

You won't find a nicer clean reliable truck out here. FYI - you will not be able to get a bank loan on this age of a vehicle. ( Clear Title) I will accept CASH ONLY. no personal checks or cashier checks. We will have title transferred in person with both buyer and seller present at a city DMV licensing place. (I also will not accept Pay Pal.)

Please be serious if you are interested in purchasing this Fantastic Suburban. All serious offered will be considered. Buying this truck is a steal compared to the new 2016 is over $60-70,000. Crazy.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

shp4man

One of those verbose CL ads. There's an old Dodge pickup in the local CL that some guy's been trying to sell for two months. Grossly overpriced. Long thing about how special the truck is, In reality, just another Junker in CL :lol:

Soup DeVille

Soup DeVille

Ahh, that feeling I get when I drive by the shop that told me my car wouldn't last a month without a new engine; and I'm in that same car with the same engine years later, and your shop is out of business.

That's right bitches; my car is still running and your entire shit ass garage is being demolished.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

Eye of the Tiger

Soup DeVille

It'll be like having an afterburner! If only I could find the trunk

Tave

In my Aveo I would turn-off my A/C in the middle of a highway pull and yell, "Aaaaafterburneeeeeeeer!!!"
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Soup DeVille

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 15, 2016, 06:25:17 PM
Ahh, that feeling I get when I drive by the shop that told me my car wouldn't last a month without a new engine; and I'm in that same car with the same engine years later, and your shop is out of business.

That's right bitches; my car is still running and your entire shit ass garage is being demolished.

Okay, so just a day after this, my rear main seal started leaking like a stuck pig. Karma's a bitch, I guess. I could limp it through the winter, but I don't think I'm going to. Honda dealership has a Land Cruiser for sale at the right price. Ima gonna check it out.

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 19, 2016, 03:11:20 PM
Okay, so just a day after this, my rear main seal started leaking like a stuck pig. Karma's a bitch, I guess. I could limp it through the winter, but I don't think I'm going to. Honda dealership has a Land Cruiser for sale at the right price. Ima gonna check it out.

Land Cruiser to drive, Wagon Queen for monster motor build ... ?

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 19, 2016, 03:40:05 PM
Land Cruiser to drive, Wagon Queen for monster motor build ... ?

Yes

One hopes.

MrH

:lol: I approve of this plan. Got a link to this land cruiser?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

CaminoRacer

Do you still have a 500 Caddy motor in the garage?
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Soup DeVille

Quote from: CaminoRacer on December 19, 2016, 04:42:25 PM
Do you still have a 500 Caddy motor in the garage?

Yes. Technically, I have a 472 bored .060 over in the garage. I also have a car it's supposed to go into, but that's another story.